Schultz's balling

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I hate how every single thread turns into a stupid argument....Half the the time it has nothing to do with the thread.
Toxic nature of the internet and a society that has become intolerant to differing opinions.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Schultz was not drafted as a blocking TE and he's also not particularly good. Don't confuse volume with talent.
Really? What he does on the field is all that matters...

That is the way talent should be judged...the Jones judge talent by their draft placing. How well has that worked out for them?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Really? What he does on the field is all that matters...

That is the way talent should be judged...the Jones judge talent by their draft placing. How well has that worked out for them?
I am judging what he does on the field. What he does on the field isn't particularly good.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I see some comments in the thread that knock Schultz because he isn’t seemingly a dynamic athlete or is “a product of Dak.”

What’s funny is some of these guys would turnaround and claim Witten is the GOAT. Witten was a marginal athlete and a volume receiver. His strong points were 1) durability 2) willingness to block, and 3) consistency.

If Schultz can just turn into a reliable TE that can keep defenses honest (like he has been), I’ll be happy with the former 4th round pick.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Schultz is doing a solid job. He isn’t anything special. But he is holding his own and making some big plays. He is at least a viable option.

He is also a very solid blocker which is really important right now given the OT situation.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I see some comments in the thread that knock Schultz because he isn’t seemingly a dynamic athlete or has one profound trait.

What’s funny is some of these guys would think Witten is the GOAT.

Schultz to me was a jag... Then the Falcons game happened and it really opened my eyes.

The guy is dynamic enough. He knows how to do his job and he can separate from guys on his routes.

McCarthy said that he thinks Jarwin is a potential All Pro... Schultz looks like a guy that learned all he could from Witten and he displays it on the field every week.

He's the type of player you would expect New England to have.. Athletic enough and just does what he is supposed to do and it turns into production.

Schultz is one of the brightest spots on this team right now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Considering he was drafted as a blocking TE and now this.......say hello to our future TE guys.

I WOULDNT CALL WHAT HES DOING BALLING LOL but yes a surprise hes playing very steady and solid football.. ironic when player finally gets quality snaps they prove detractors wrong.. hes better then Jarwin because hes a 3 tool TE Jarwin is route runner.. blessing in disguise we stumbled on draft pick that finally got his chance and isnt lettings it go..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Schultz to me was a jag... Then the Falcons game happened and it really opened my eyes.

The guy is dynamic enough. He knows how to do his job and he can separate from guys on his routes.

McCarthy said that he thinks Jarwin is a potential All Pro... Schultz looks like a guy that learned all he could from Witten and he displays it on the field every week.

He's the type of player you would expect New England to have.. Athletic enough and just does what he is supposed to do and it turns into production.

Schultz is one of the brightest spots on this team right now.

You have to remember too that Schultz has gotten more run in these first four games than he has in his first 2-3 seasons combined. I would expect things like that poor route he ran early against the Seahawks to get ironed out with more experience.

buddieluver

Reaction score
His NFL comparison is Zac Ertz and if you look up the combine stats are pretty much identical lol.

OVERALL

Schultz is the best blocking tight end in the 2018 class. Coming out of Stanford, he understands pro-style offenses, blocking schemes and route trees. While he was limited in his pass-catching production, he has the traits to post better numbers in the pros than he did in college.

GRADE: 6.00 (Round 3)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-2018-scouting-report-for-dallas-cowboys-pick

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
And yet we started Witt all last year.......:rolleyes:

Both Jarwin and Schultz proved one of Witts favorite plays, the bootleg play that they can get YAC and not just fall down.

Ive said the same thing the past 3-4 years.

Witten is a first ballot HOF.

With that said, his production on the field the past 3-4 could have easily been replaced by almost any JAG given the same number of snaps and opportunity. We kept Witten here for too long due to legacy.

Schultz’s first catch here would have gone just 5-6 yards had it been Witten.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Considering he was drafted as a blocking TE and now this.......say hello to our future TE guys.

He's better than #82 but he's not 1/3 as good as our 4th wrs. He'll do well in garbage time and in the prevent defenses when were down by 21 points but the overutilization of these Tes is why our offense gets down by big margins to begin with. He will go AWOL against any .500 teams and we won't win beans if he's overutilized.

Pigs will fly before we win Squat with these avg tes LMAO.

Y'all looking at empty calorie stats This offense will never be clutch when he's out there.

Winners win and Losers lose

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I WOULDNT CALL WHAT HES DOING BALLING LOL but yes a surprise hes playing very steady and solid football.. ironic when player finally gets quality snaps they prove detractors wrong.. hes better then Jarwin because hes a 3 tool TE Jarwin is route runner.. blessing in disguise we stumbled on draft pick that finally got his chance and isnt lettings it go..
I don't know what the specific definition of "balling" is, but over the 3 games Schultz has started he has averaged 69 yards and .67 TD's per game, which over a 16 game schedule would be 1,1104 yards and 11 TD's. I don't really expect that pace to hold up, but for now I would call that "ballin".

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
This makes no sense, and is contrary to history. They have not given out top 5 money to a TE in many years (if ever), were willing to go with young TE's this season, and have used 3 WR's extensively for a number of years.

Jerry is not a good GM, and you don't have to make up nonsense to prove that, so why do it?

Like I said for 7 years this offense won't win beans with a scrub te out there on all those critical passing downs. They can't even beat the Browns. It's called a lack of Firepower. The defense is gonna force us to beat them with these Tes. They don't care how many balls Schultz catches lol Take out the steaks at wr and Shultz is just chopped liver. Lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said for 7 years this offense won't win beans with a scrub te out there on all those critical passing downs. They can't even beat the Browns. It's called a lack of Firepower. The defense is gonna force us to beat them with these Tes. They don't care how many balls Schultz catches lol Take out the steaks at wr and Shultz is just chopped liver. Lol
The more we see Schultz, the more ridiculous your posts seem - and that says a lot because they were wildly ridiculous to start with.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Question, albeit rather early, is will Dallas get out from the Jarwin contract after this season wherein they can save $2.25M against the 2021 cap by trading/releasing Jarwin should Schultz continue to be a receiving threat?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Schultz was not drafted as a blocking TE and he's also not particularly good. Don't confuse volume with talent.

18 catches 219 yards 2 TD's 12.2 ypc average

That places him at #5 in the NFL in terms of TE receiving yards so call him not talented if you will but he is getting the job done.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's better than #82 but he's not 1/3 as good as our 4th wrs. He'll do well in garbage time and in the prevent defenses when were down by 21 points but the overutilization of these Tes is why our offense gets down by big margins to begin with. He will go AWOL against any .500 teams and we won't win beans if he's overutilized.

Pigs will fly before we win Squat with these avg tes LMAO.

Y'all looking at empty calorie stats This offense will never be clutch when he's out there.

Winners win and Losers lose
You clearly have not been watching the games. He is not only performing when we get behind. Over the 3 games he has started he has averaged 69 yards and 0.67 TD's per game, which is a pace for 1,107 yards and 11 TD's over 16 games. Name any 4th WR in the history of the NFL that has done that.

That said, I don't think that pace will hold up, but it's nonsensical to minimize what he has done so far as if a 4th WR could be expected to do more.

Another thing you ridiculously overlook is that with undrafted free agents handling the OT duties, a TE can chip the DE before running a route, or even stay in and block, which doesn't work with a 4th WR. But you have never shown even an ounce of understanding of the TE position and how it is different than WR, so I know you won't grasp this.