Schultz's balling

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
18 catches 219 yards 2 TD's 12.2 ypc average

That places him at #5 in the NFL in terms of TE receiving yards so call him not talented if you will but he is getting the job done.
He is not talented and he is passably getting the job done. It is an easy job.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Okay, no point continuing the discussion as clearly you are always right about all things Dallas.
I'm willing to be convinced I'm wrong.

Box scores and comparing them to contracts isn't going to do it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
get the O line fixed and some run blocking and we can hang with anyone.

problem is D and getting too cute on ST
Yeah and you can afford to get cute on special teams with a good defense or even one that can get off the field on 3rd downs........puts you in a hole when both units are bad.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
You clearly have not been watching the games. He is not only performing when we get behind. Over the 3 games he has started he has averaged 69 yards and 0.67 TD's per game, which is a pace for 1,107 yards and 11 TD's over 16 games. Name any 4th WR in the history of the NFL that has done that.

That said, I don't think that pace will hold up, but it's nonsensical to minimize what he has done so far as if a 4th WR could be expected to do more.

Another thing you ridiculously overlook is that with undrafted free agents handling the OT duties, a TE can chip the DE before running a route, or even stay in and block, which doesn't work with a 4th WR. But you have never shown even an ounce of understanding of the TE position and how it is different than WR, so I know you won't grasp this.

When we go 4 wide our offense is way more potent. It puts the defense on their heels. Lol They had nothing but success when they used it a couple of weeks ago.

The defense doesn't care if Schultz catches the ball. They are gonna double up coverage on the guys who have big play capabilities and score and force Dak to beat them w Schultz. If he draws a good defender who plays man to man he will get shut down Everytime. He will never make a game winning reception against a good team. You stick him out there against a good Defense when the game is on the line and this offense will fold like a cheap suit because he weakens our offensive potency. Let him dominate the 1st 3 quarters and get him off the field when it's time to go win. He caught 2 passes on the game tying drive last week. But we lost the Game because he has no big play capabilities. Lol. This is a big play and scoring league and he can't average enough of either to be dominating all of the passing snaps. Lol.

Wait until he dominates against a good team before you give him an everydown passing snaps role.

He never will. Sorry.
1-3 will be 8-8 with these scrub tes. No playoff wins in 7 years w all those great chip blocking

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When we go 4 wide our offense is way more potent. It puts the defense on their heels. Lol They had nothing but success when they used it a couple of weeks ago.

The defense doesn't care if Schultz catches the ball. They are gonna double up coverage on the guys who have big play capabilities and score and force Dak to beat them w Schultz. If he draws a good defender who plays man to man he will get shut down Everytime. He will never make a game winning reception against a good team. You stick him out there against a good Defense when the game is on the line and this offense will fold like a cheap suit because he weakens our offensive potency. Let him dominate the 1st 3 quarters and get him off the field when it's time to go win. He caught 2 passes on the game tying drive last week. But we lost the Game because he has no big play capabilities. Lol. This is a big play and scoring league and he can't average enough of either to be dominating all of the passing snaps. Lol.

Wait until he dominates against a good team before you give him an everydown passing snaps role.

He never will. Sorry.
You're a clown, but hopefully it's fun for you. Maybe advertise and get some gigs doing children's parties.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
You're a clown, but hopefully it's fun for you. Maybe advertise and get some gigs doing children's parties.

When has a chip block or a Cowboy te ever scored against a good team. Back in the old Running era from the 80's and 90's? These Tes suck. The defender isn't playing Schultz they are coming off Schultz downfield and playing the wrs who can actually beat somebody. Watch the tape. Lmao. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut when the game is already out of hand. They will blow out the Giants and get blown out by a . 500 team w these scrub tes even if they have a steak at every skilled position. The everydown te role is great when he's a great receiver. He only shines against the scrubs. We can't even run the ball worth beans.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When has a chip block or a Cowboy te ever scored against a good team. Back in the old Running era from the 80's and 90's? These Tes suck. The defender isn't playing Schultz they are coming off Schultz downfield and playing the wrs who can actually beat somebody. Watch the tape. Lmao. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut when the game is already out of hand
If you are too dense to understand that a chip block or full blocking provides the QB time to throw passes, including TD passes, there is no hope for you. It's also humorous that you have no concept of the value of first downs and seem to think any pass that isn't a TD pass is a waste of time. Your fantasy football mentality is so glaring and ridiculous I can only laugh at you. Maybe that will work for you as you seek a clown gig at children's parties though.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Lol. These are your words, no? You can’t even remember what you said in this thread a few posts ago, so I’m not giving your memory much credit.

Agree to disagree my man.

I guess I did say that. I still stand by it.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
If you are too dense to understand that a chip block or full blocking provides the QB time to throw passes, including TD passes, there is no hope for you. It's also humorous that you have no concept of the value of first downs and seem to think any pass that isn't a TD pass is a waste of time. Your fantasy football mentality is so glaring and ridiculous I can only laugh at you. Maybe that will work for you as you seek a clown gig at children's parties though.

I do understand the chip block in theory. We get a good chip block and then we got a sorry receiver at te who has no big play or scoring capabilities as always. So yeah he'll catch a few balls and get a few tds in garbage time but how is that better than the 4th wr.
If you look at the tape we protected and produced better using those 4 wr formations 2 games ago . How great was Schultz on that game tying drive that we lost. He caught a 2 yard pass and made a decent first down pickup but we had to throw a hail mary cuz he has no sauce.

Nobody is asking for an exclusive 4 wr formation. Just when we need the Firepower. The defense has to take their best linebacker off the field and insert their worst DB. Their best linebacker is way better than our te and our 4th wr is better than their worst DB.

The wrs get open faster because of it. You fail to mention all that. The offense dictates the coverage not the Defense . Schultz is not that good bro. Watch the tape from 2 weeks ago. Compare the 10 personell against the 11 personell. The defender comes off Schultz 75% of the time cuz he's a scrub.

The steaks turn into hamburgers when Schultz is out there. Line up the 12 personnel and pass out of it and nobody will get open. Lol. Then we'll have 2 chip blockers and 2 sorry wrs lmao

Ne has been doing 10 personnel for years and have how many division wins and championships? Lol. But I'm stupid?

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

You'd rather have a chip block and a sorry wr than a great 4th wr on the game tying drive when we need 50 yards. Lol. You obviously never watched NE or any winning teams. The checkdown te can never make a play in 15 years at that distance. Not even 1 time

Never will. I may be dense but I'm not ignorant. Pigs will fly before we beat a top team w a scrub checkdown te leading the passing attack on every passing down . He makes a play against scrub team on occasion when he's not getting covered or the Lb falls down. The defense forces us to beat them w the non scorers lol 8-8 at best. Play some situational football cuz the next man up attack is trash. The everydown 11 personell passing attack is trash unless ya got a deep threat at te. Schultz is not a Jared cook or a Kittle. He's a scrub

Last edited:

pansophy

Reaction score
Dudes on here was constantly calling Shultz a JAG because he never got an opportunity...SMH.

Moral of the story: stop trashing guys before they get their chance to show up.

Dudes be believing these coaches be knowing everything, when they messed up all the time on simple stuff observers see like starting Knight at RT over Steele.
Any TE should be able to make plays with Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb lining up play after play. But yes, Schultz has done his job for sure.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Any TE should be able to make plays with Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb lining up play after play. But yes, Schultz has done his job for sure.

I guarantee if you put the washed up #82 out there with 3 steaks at wr like we have now even he can do what Schultz is doing stats wise. Of course we'll still be 8-8 because he's no good either but who cares.

At least he won't fumble and make all the stupid mistakes. Lol. Mistakes that show up against the better teams.

Better get those warren moon tapes out cuz this 11 personnel sucks. 1-3 record. Almost 0-4.

That scrub te changes everything.

If we had Jared Cook we'd be 4-0

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

You play 35-40 passing snaps per game and the defense is focussing on the other 5 skilled players you're gonna catch some balls. Lol. Especially those checkdown passes in the 1st quarter . Ha ha ha
Against scrub teams in blowout games where we got blown out. lmao.

The oline sucks and we can't run the ball with these Tes in there. We are still getting dominated and sacked and fumbling and throwing picks with these Tes dominating with their majical chip blocks on passing snaps. Lol. I can count 5-7 balls that didn't get picked off that should have. Lmao

We aren't contending for a rushing championship this year like we have over the past decade. In fact our running attack sucks. Lmao.

i think it's a pretty clear fact that these Tes are the worst skilled players on the team.

Put noah brown out there for 35 passing snaps and let's see him run off and leave Dalton Schultz in the Dust in every quarter. Or any other skilled player that's not a checkdown te for the Dallas Cowboys. Lmao.

We ran like 5-6 plays last week in 4 wr formations on clear passing downs. We didn't even try running the ball 1 time. Huh
The secret to using that 4 wr formation is to run and pass out of it. Keeping the defense guessing. Lmao

This offense is a very predictable duck goose offense w no element of surprise.

I watched the oilers play for 10 years without using a te ever and they ran and passed the ball just fine. They had a better qb at passing but he couldnt run the ball. So has Ne and several other teams. The saints use dual rbs alot and dont always use tes and other teams have done it also. Lol.

The oilers and Ne didnt just go 4 wide and pass but they went 4 wide and ran the ball too. They didnt even have a stud rb like zeke and a good back like pollard or a running qb like Dak. Lmao.

Nobody is insenuating that we should go run and shoot but its not gonna hurt us to drop the same ole 11 personnel for 10 years exclusively and mix up more dual rbs and 10 personell for running and passing.

The defense fears that 4th wr and dual rb and running qb. But they dont fear Dalton schultz because he just doesnt have much big play or scoring capability.

Were 1-3 almost 0-4 so as great as all those te passing plays and chip blocks were we still lost against 1 great team, 1 good team, and 1 Under .500 team and won against a scrub on a choke and a fluke.

But like always all those te catches and stats never equate to any wins. Lmao. They just a bunch of empty stats with a losing tradition because when the game is hanging in the balance a Dallas Cowboy checkdown Te ALWAYS COMES UP EMPTY HANDED FOR 10+ YEARS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PUT NOBODY AWAY. THEY FAIL 100% OF THE TIME. IF THEY DO MAKE A RECEPTION ON THE GAME WINNING DRIVE WE LOSE ANYWAY BECAUSE THEY CANT COMPETE AGAINST GOOD OR BAD TEAMS WHEN IT MATTERS. LMAO.

Dalton Schultz will never win a game for us as a receiver on a game winning drive. Lmao.

These buffoons in this forum are delirious to praise a player that has never done squat against a good team. Lmao.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Witten was on pace for a 16 td season after 2 games and finished w 3 tds all year (btw Rogers) lmao. We also didnt make the playoffs and finished w a sorry record. But our offense was #1 in every quarter except the 4th quarter when it MATTERED. LOL.

Pigs are flying in yo dreams only bro. The Cowboys havent been relevant since the nineties. Its never the scheme or the tes fault. Said the every passing snap te Narcissist. Lol

Thats as bad as #82 refusing to come off the field for 7+ years.

I guess if Schultz gets hurt we'll play the 5th string practice squad te every snap in this ignorant next man up scheme. Lol

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
How many pressures, sacks, fumbles, interceptions, or games have we won this year with those Dynamic Chip Blockers and Pass Protectors playing every passing snap? Lmao. How clutch is our running game with these tes? How many playoff games and Superbowls do we have in 15 years?
Your everydown te scheme has NOT BEEN FRUITFUL OR CONSISTENT BECAUSE THE TALENT AT TE DOES NOT OVERSHADOW THE MONOTONY OF THIS DUCK DUCK GOOSE OFFENSE

We got nothing to lose BRO. Even w an ALL STAR CAST AROUND The 4th string Te they cant overcome the lack of sauce or creativity.

Last edited: