Schultz's balling

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
This is the key. I had him pegged wrong too. I thought he could do a little blocking and catch an occasional pass, but it never crossed my mind he could be a significant player. But in the absence of actual evidence from games, and without the team showing they believed it, how can a fan know?

Yeah schultz played like 30 + passing snaps and had 1 catch for 6 yards against a team w a losing record. Looks like yo messiah at checkdown te turned back into a pumkin again. 10 tds and 1000 yard projection. Right?

The giants olineman outplayed schultz on one passing play and schultz had like 30+ passing snaps. 1 catch for 6 yards is not an every snap player. Sorry but these tes are holding back the offense. He was in the slot the whole time (not blocking) with all that extraordinary blocking secret sauce. Lmao.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah schultz played like 30 + passing snaps and had 1 catch for 6 yards against a team w a losing record. Looks like yo messiah at checkdown te turned back into a pumkin again. 10 tds and 1000 yard projection. Right?

The giants olineman outplayed schultz on one passing play and schultz had like 30+ passing snaps. 1 catch for 6 yards is not an every snap player. Sorry but these tes are holding back the offense. He was in the slot the whole time (not blocking) with all that extraordinary blocking secret sauce. Lmao.

And Cooper had what - 2 catches for 20 something yards? So, let's bench him too. Hell, he can't even help our struggling backup OTs as a blocker, so what was the point of playing him?

Oh, but wait, I forgot you have no concept that is part of the TE's role. I forgot there are no points for that in fantasy football, so you wouldn't be aware.

Only a clueless poster with a ridiculous agenda would think being a good player means big production every week, and you pretending you have a point by cherry picking a single game after 3 straight very good games proves you are just such a poster.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
And Cooper had what - 2 catches for 20 something yards? So, let's bench him too. Hell, he can't even help our struggling backup OTs as a blocker, so what was the point of playing him?

Oh, but wait, I forgot you have no concept that is part of the TE's role. I forgot there are no points for that in fantasy football, so you wouldn't be aware.

Only a clueless poster with a ridiculous agenda would think being a good player means big production every week, and you pretending you have a point by cherry picking a single game after 3 straight very good games proves you are just such a poster.

We just barely beat the top 3 worst teams in the league. Lol. Cooper is a proven player. Ya boy schultz is a 3rd string te. One has gamechanging ability and one doesnt. Schultz is not a bonified option when youre marching down the field for the win. Swaim was just as good which isnt a compliment. Their Lb is always better than our te. Put their worst cover guy on our 4th wr and this team will go places. But they arent going anywhere with these scrub tes dominating passing snaps. The eyes dont lie. Hes one less receiver the defense has to cover because everybody on Gods Green Earth knows hes got no big play and scoring ability. Hes out there in the slot running routes like hes gonna make a gamechanging play on 3rd and 19 as a receiver. That is joke bro. Hes never made a single play and never will. Lmao. None of these checkdowners are worthy of playing every passing snap. Anybody that disagrees with the 4 wr formations on 3rd and 19 with the game on the line is a terrible strategist. We got better weapons than schultz.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

Im not cherry picking anything. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that Noah brown is a better weapon than schultz on any down and distance. Much less on 3rd and long.
This coaching staff needs someone delegating snapcounts. There is no accountability in this next man up offense. The monotony of the everydown te scheme is more of a burden than a plus when ya got a scrub

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We just barely beat the top 3 worst teams in the league. Lol. Cooper is a proven player. Ya boy schultz is a 3rd string te. One has gamechanging ability and one doesnt. Schultz is not a bonified option when youre marching down the field for the win. Swaim was just as good which isnt a compliment. Their Lb is always better than our te. Put their worst cover guy on our 4th wr and this team will go places. But they arent going anywhere with these scrub tes dominating passing snaps. The eyes dont lie. Hes one less receiver the defense has to cover because everybody on Gods Green Earth knows hes got no big play and scoring ability. Hes out there in the slot running routes like hes gonna make a gamechanging play on 3rd and 19 as a receiver. That is joke bro. Hes never made a single play and never will. Lmao. None of these checkdowners are worthy of playing every passing snap. Anybody that disagrees with the 4 wr formations on 3rd and 19 with the game on the line is a terrible strategist. We got better weapons than schultz.
Sorry fantasy football boy, the team is one of the top scoring teams in the NFL despite undrafted backups at both OT spots, thanks in part to TE's that can help block and can run the underneath routes.

But, again, if it isn't measurable in fantasy football, you don't grasp it. Still, FF measurables have been there in his other starts. and your eyes lit up on this one since the TE didn't catch many passes. That, my friend, is cherry picking.

Of course, your insistence is that the team's striuggles are all about the TE and not the fumbles, INT's and NFL's worst defense is pretty laughable too. That shows maybe the most ridiculously off base narrative on this site - maybe even more so than PAPPY'S narrative about Dak.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Sorry fantasy football boy, the team is one of the top scoring teams in the NFL despite undrafted backups at both OT spots, thanks in part to TE's that can help block and can run the underneath routes.

But, again, if it isn't measurable in fantasy football, you don't grasp it. Still, FF measurables have been there in his other starts. and your eyes lit up on this one since the TE didn't catch many passes. That, my friend, is cherry picking.

Of course, your insistence is that the team's striuggles are all about the TE and not the fumbles, INT's and NFL's worst defense is pretty laughable too. That shows maybe the most ridiculously off base narrative on this site - maybe even more so than PAPPY'S narrative about Dak.

I dont disagree that the tes should have a role. Never have. Thats where your ignorant. Its an every passing snap role is where I have a problem.

The facts are we have better rb and wr threats. Its right there in black and white on a per snap basis bro. If you could comprehend the stat line on a per snap basis than you may have a point.

Schultz is not a hurry up offense candidate, a deep threat, a red zone threat, or a game changer. Lol.

Hes too mediocre to poor at getting open. Its 3rd and 19 and hes in the slot just like Escobar, swaim, jarwin, and the old washed up hofer was and they havent converted a 3rd and 19 going back to grade school but they play them anyways. All of them. Get a real weapon not a shield.

Noah brown came in and made a play as the 2nd/3rd wr. Put him in the 4th spot and it will give defenses fits

Be better off putting a 300 lb lineman out there versus these sorry tes. We not even running the ball effectively. Lol

You love selling that everydown chip block te and half the time they arent blocking at all on passing downs and they are CERTAINLY ARENT GETTING ANY SEPARATION.

The everydown te position is the most ignorant scheme in football when you have the sorriest tes. Sorry

Its pretty apparent when you fall behind every game

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont disagree that the tes should have a role. Never have. Thats where your ignorant. Its an every passing snap role is where I have a problem.

The facts are we have better rb and wr threats. Its right there in black and white on a per snap basis bro. If you could comprehend the stat line on a per snap basis than you may have a point.

Schultz is not a hurry up offense candidate, a deep threat, a red zone threat, or a game changer. Lol.

Hes too mediocre to poor at getting open. Its 3rd and 19 and hes in the slot just like Escobar, swaim, jarwin, and the old washed up hofer was and they havent converted a 3rd and 19 going back to grade school but they play them anyways. All of them. Get a real weapon not a shield.

Noah brown came in and made a play as the 2nd/3rd wr. Put him in the 4th spot and it will give defenses fits

Be better off putting a 300 lb lineman out there versus these sorry tes. We not even running the ball effectively. Lol
I've already shown you countless times that Schultz is not playing every snap other than maybe every snap on a running downs. He's playing about 70% of the offensive snaps, but that doesn't fit your narrative, so you cover your eyes and plug your ears like a child and pretend it isn't real.

For that matter, even on the passing downs he does play he helps block some of the time, and other times at least chips the DE to help our undrafted backup OTs. But you don't grasp the TE can be used that way, so, as ususal, you ignore it

As for using a 300 lb lineman to block, that eliminates optionality. Shultz can block or go out on a route and defenses have to prepare for both, but a 300 lb lineman would only be there to block. You ignore this as well

You also ignore that every other team, even if their TE is not elite, use a TE on almost every down, and 2 TE's on some downs, and that as things are the Cowboys are the top passing team and 3rd highest scoring team in the NFL.

You tend to ignore a lot to push your fantasy football views.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I've already shown you countless times that Schultz is not playing every snap other than maybe every snap on a running downs. He's playing about 70% of the offensive snaps, but that doesn't fit your narrative, so you cover your eyes and plug your ears like a child and pretend it isn't real.

For that matter, even on the passing downs he does play he helps block some of the time, and other times at least chips the DE to help our undrafted backup OTs. But you don't grasp the TE can be used that way, so, as ususal, you ignore it

As for using a 300 lb lineman to block, that eliminates optionality. Shultz can block or go out on a route and defenses have to prepare for both, but a 300 lb lineman would only be there to block. You ignore this as well

You also ignore that every other team, even if their TE is not elite, use a TE on almost every down, and 2 TE's on some downs, and that as things are the Cowboys are the top passing team and 3rd highest scoring team in the NFL.

You tend to ignore a lot to push your fantasy football views.

Thats not situational football. 3rd and 19 is a pure passing down. Schultz cant get it done so its one less player the defense has to cover. Thats why we very seldom ever do. He sucks. I dont care if hes blocking on passing plays because Hes a sorry receiver.

No winning teams have a scrub te out there in the 2 minute offense, red zone, or game winning drives if they dont have the skillsets to win those situational battles.

We never run more than 1-2 plays without a te on offense. Schultz and Bell are a liability in many situations

Its not fantasy football its situational football. Btw.
The only fantasy is thinking hes gonna make a play when it matters. The fantasy is in yo head because its never happened in 10 years

Show me some black n white stats where they did something and prove me wrong rogers. Lmao

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats not situational football. 3rd and 19 is a pure passing down. Schultz cant get it done so its one less player the defense has to cover. Thats why we very seldom ever do. He sucks. I dont care if hes blocking on passing plays because Hes a sorry receiver.

No winning teams have a scrub te out there in the 2 minute offense, red zone, or game winning drives if they dont have the skillsets to win those situational battles.

We never run more than 1-2 plays without a te on offense. Schultz and Bell are a liability in many situations

Its not fantasy football its situational football. Btw.
The only fantasy is thinking hes gonna make a play when it matters. The fantasy is in yo head because its never happened in 10 years

Show me some black n white stats where they did something and prove me wrong rogers. Lmao
Since Schultz isn't playing every down how do you know that 3rd and 19 isn't the kind of play he sits on.

Besides, how many 3rd and 19's are there in a game? Maybe 1 or 2? And of those how many are in situations where they just try to get enough yards to improve field position rather than risk a turnover against a defense geared toward not allowing 19 yards? So, maybe 1 play a game that fits your scenario, and even then we don't know that Schultz is on the field for that one play.

Hell, you just shot yourself in the foot describing a scenario that pretty much amounts to nothing.

Again, every team uses TE's most of the time, even if they don't have Kelse or Kittle or Ertz or Andrews, and, again, Schultz is not playing every down like you persistently claim despite proof to the contrary.

Face it, you are maintaining your fantasy football argument by denying facts and reality, and by showing a complete lack of understanding of what differentiates the TE position from a WR position.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Since Schultz isn't playing every down how do you know that 3rd and 19 isn't the kind of play he sits on.

Besides, how many 3rd and 19's are there in a game? Maybe 1 or 2? And of those how many are in situations where they just try to get enough yards to improve field position rather than risk a turnover against a defense geared toward not allowing 19 yards? So, maybe 1 play a game that fits your scenario, and even then we don't know that Schultz is on the field for that one play.

Hell, you just shot yourself in the foot describing a scenario that pretty much amounts to nothing.

Again, every team uses TE's most of the time, even if they don't have Kelse or Kittle or Ertz or Andrews, and, again, Schultz is not playing every down like you persistently claim despite proof to the contrary.

Face it, you are maintaining your fantasy football argument by denying facts and reality, and by showing a complete lack of understanding of what differentiates the TE position from a WR position.

Did ya just see Jared Cook hit on that 41 yard pass on 3rd and 14? Thats the guy i begged to pick up and you said no we should stick w the scrubs and stick with what we had. Lol. The guy catches 1 ball all nite at the most critical point in the game. Hes a winner because he can do it on paper.

You said how swaim was serviceable and hanna as a starter was good. And the ghost of 82's prime. And then Jarwin. Lol.

Your the everydown te koolaide salesman every year going back 7 years. Lol. They cant even win a playoff game if they even go. Lol.

You been talking coulda woulda shouldas for 6-7 years and every year these tes suck. Lmao.

Youre always wrong. This offense is not clutch. Its trash at the do or die or playoff level because they let these tes play every passing snap. They cant even beat a .500 team with a steak at every other skilled position. Lmao

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did ya just see Jared Cook hit on that 41 yard pass on 3rd and 14? Thats the guy i begged to pick up and you said no we should stick w the scrubs and stick with what we had. Lol. The guy catches 1 ball all nite at the most critical point in the game. Hes a winner because he can do it on paper.

You said how swaim was serviceable and hanna as a starter was good. And the ghost of 82's prime. And then Jarwin. Lol.

Your the everydown te koolaide salesman every year going back 7 years. Lol. They cant even win a playoff game if they even go. Lol.

You been talking coulda woulda shouldas for 6-7 years and every year these tes suck. Lmao.

Youre always wrong. This offense is not clutch. Its trash at the do or die or playoff level because they let these tes play every passing snap. They cant even beat a .500 team with a steak at every other skilled position. Lmao
Jared Cook has 166 yards and 2 TDs this season, and Schultz has 225 yards and 2 TDs, and you are upset we don’t have Cook and aren’t paying the higher salary - and somehow imagine you have an argument based on this? That further highlights how nonsensical your commentary is.

You also ignore teams have a salary cap to live under - another difference from your fantasy football world.

Sorry fantasy boy, but even aside from the facts you consistently ignore, and the stuff you regularly just flat out make up, now you are using examples of players that aren’t even doing as well as Schultz.

Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
Imagine what Rico would be doing right now with these opportunities.......

(joking btw)

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Jared Cook has 166 yards and 2 TDs this season, and Schultz has 225 yards and 2 TDs, and you are upset we don’t have Cook and aren’t paying the higher salary - and somehow imagine you have an argument based on this? That further highlights how nonsensical your commentary is.

You also ignore teams have a salary cap to live under - another difference from your fantasy football world.

Sorry fantasy boy, but even aside from the facts you consistently ignore, and the stuff you regularly just flat out make up, now you are using examples of players that aren’t even doing as well as Schultz.

We could have gotten cook for about what we paid witten. He singlehandedly ended our playoff run with a deep sideline pass and is a winner Lol.

Te is an anchor position on this scheme. We rotate all the other skilled players around them. But the 11 and 12 personnel is exclusive and these tes cant beat that monotony like a Jared Cook or Gronk or Jimmy Graham who are proven gamechangers who win games.

Cook didnt play for like 2 games so he hasnt played as many snaps this year and he is a winner on paper. Schultz has some production because of the firepower around him. But its not winning production against a good team or at any critical times.

Prevent defense stats are misleading. Js.

He got one catch for 6 yards against the Giants for Gods sakes but he played 70% of the snaps by your math.

Thats too much overinvolvement for a skilled player that has no sauce. They lined him up in the slot in the 4th quarter and he produced like the scrub receiver he is.

Cook is drawing a top defender or 2 and producing down the stretch and schultz always folds like a cheap suit. Lol.

Ya got nothing but theory and hype every year because the stats say he is the one who needs to go to the sideline on critical passing plays. Because he is void at producing the minimum benchmarks to play the snaps of a gamechanger.

Same argument we had about beasely being a spot player under these tes. You argued witten could do what beasely did statwise. Well yeah he can but it took three times as many passing snaps and none of that production was at critical moments or affected the outcome of the games.

The defense will give ya yards and receptions but they dont hand out scores and wins.

Js.

Last edited:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Our receiving core is deadly and we need to concentrate on surrounding our offensive line around the passing game. That would be my focus, because with Lamb in the slot, we can do whatever we want. Zeke, I love, but if you have a strength on this team, you should cater to it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We could have gotten cook for about what we paid witten. He singlehandedly ended our playoff run with a deep sideline pass and is a winner Lol.

Te is an anchor position on this scheme. We rotate all the other skilled players around them. But the 11 and 12 personnel is exclusive and these tes cant beat that monotony like a Jared Cook or Gronk or Jimmy Graham who are proven gamechangers who win games.

Cook didnt play for like 2 games so he hasnt played as many snaps this year and he is a winner on paper. Schultz has some production because of the firepower around him. But its not winning production against a good team or at any critical times.

Prevent defense stats are misleading. Js.

He got one catch for 6 yards against the Giants for Gods sakes but he played 70% of the snaps by your math.

Thats too much overinvolvement for a skilled player that has no sauce. They lined him up in the slot in the 4th quarter and he produced like the scrub receiver he is.

Cook is drawing a top defender or 2 and producing down the stretch and schultz always folds like a cheap suit. Lol.

Ya got nothing but theory and hype every year because the stats say he is the one who needs to go to the sideline on critical passing plays. Because he is void at producing the minimum benchmarks to play the snaps of a gamechanger.

Same argument we had about beasely being a spot player under these tes. You argued witten could do what beasely did statwise. Well yeah he can but it took three times as many passing snaps and none of that production was at critical moments or affected the outcome of the games.

The defense will give ya yards and receptions but they dont hand out scores and wins.

Js.
Dude, look around … we aren't paying Witten! Catch up to modern times. lol

As for Shultz, yes, he caught one pass for 6 yards, and played 70% of the snaps - for this one week. In Week 2 your boy Cook caught 2 passes for 13 yards and played 65% of the snaps, and in Week 3 he caught 2 passes for 21 yards playing 65% of the snaps. Schultz has not had that kind of weak statistical stretch over 2 games

And no, Cook is not drawing a top defender. You somehow think he is a Travis Kelce level player, and he never was, not even in his best seasons.

J. Cook - $9 million for 2020 - 166 yards and 2 TD's
Schultz - $ 863,000 for 2020 - 225 yards and 2 TD's

Looks like the Cowboys are the one's laughing - at the Saints and you.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our receiving core is deadly and we need to concentrate on surrounding our offensive line around the passing game. That would be my focus, because with Lamb in the slot, we can do whatever we want. Zeke, I love, but if you have a strength on this team, you should cater to it.
Let me educate you a bit - not that you will pull your head out and pay attention.

BEARS (4-1 record) - Jimmy Graham - 169 yards, 4 TDs - 70% of snaps
SEATTLE (4-0 record) - Greg Olsen - 140 yards, 1 TD - 67% of snaps
RAMS (4-1 record) - Tyler Higbee - 166 yards, 3 TD's - 83% of snaps
BROWNS (4-1 record) - Austin Hooper - 153 yards, 1 TD - 84% of snaps
STEELERS (4-0 record) - Eric Ebron - 156 yards, 1 TD - 73% of snaps

WAIT … WHAT ... ?

According to you a team cannot win games with a TE performing at that level while playing a lot of snaps! In fact, you have repeatedly said other teams don't use TE's this much unless they are star receivers. So how can this be?

It can "be" because it is reality, and your fantasy football world is not.

conner01

Reaction score
Too bad his development is masked behind the stench of a possible implosion.
I don’t think this offense will implode
The defense can only get better. I’m not sure it’s possible they could get worse

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

Yeah and buffalo just marched down the field in 5 wr mode w no te and rosen was out there making him a sandwhich with tons of protection and time to throw. Lmao.

A te and his chip block is not needed on every single play bro. Running or passing. Sorry. Youre not an educated football scholar to the new passing era. Youre old school running mentality.

So we took the 3rd stringer te out and inserted the 4th string te. The formation had bell instead of schultz. Lol. The 2 sorriest tes in the league were rotating. Lmao.

We ran like 2 plays last week without a scrub te on the field.
Its a monotonous vanilla predictable offense in which 5 steaks on offense cant overcome that monotonous predictability and the lack of sauce from the practice squad level tes when the game is on the line.

When do or die and playoff time comes we'll be one and done cant win none with these scrub tes. They cant carry the scoring averages. Whats worse is dak is a big part of scoring w his legs that we dont have now in the red zone and these tes have no 50/50 ball skills. Flat footed tes never win beans.

Making our situation worse against those above .500 teams.

We havent been relevant on offense in years. 8-8 is not relevant. 1 playoff win in 25 years is not relevant.

The everydown te scheme is trash. Schultz may not be the everysnap te witten was for 12-15 years and may be getting substituted some, but its for the 4th string te bell. Ha ha ha. Instead of using a better skilled player w the skillsets for that down and distance. 3rd and 19 with the game on the line is not the skillsets for schultz and bell.

At years end our te core will have 4-5 tds against scrubs and we'll be 8-8 and one and done.

Youre such a te narc that youre even comparing schultz to being better than Cook. Thats exactly how much you dont know about football. Cook is a gamechanger on paper. Esp on turf. Comparing him to schultz is an insult.

Our te production is empty calories againsts scrub teams or prevent defenses.

Witten had 2 tds in the first 2 games last year and was on pace for 16 tds but he ended up w 3 for the year. Sure we can win some games with the overutilization at te. But not against any good teams. Lol.

Take out all of the production against over .500 teams or the scrub giants and skins in 6-7 years and this team is batting zero at te. Lmao.

Especially this year. The next man up at te is really the last man standing. You fail to mention that this offense built huge deficits in every game and the defense went into prevent mode. You fail to mention your boy schultz has played all of the red zone snaps and 3rd and longs and gamewinning drives and hasnt produced jack squat. His 4th quarter stats are a losing tradition.

And when it comes to Cook you fail to mention that he pulled groin muscle and has been fighting through injury.

He also had 9 tds last year which is twice as many as our whole te core who played double the snaps. Lol. He also has made several game winning plays like he did yesterday against a decent chargers team and against us in the playoffs ending our playoff run. Which is the biggest reason I argue that for situational rotation because schultz and Bell cannot make those plays not even once. Hes just like swaim, escobar, jarwin, and Witten. He doesnt have the long ball or red zone skills to make a gamechanging play or score consistent enough to warrant those snaps.