Sci Fi hater here. got a question

aria

Reaction score
My wife likes Star Wars and although I remember my brother getting a Darth Vader cake for his birthday when I was about 5, I have no recollection of ever seeing any of them. I’m not a sci fi fan at all but about 15 years ago (41 now) I figured maybe I was missing out since it was such a popular movie series.

Sooooooo...one day I decided to rent all the ones that were available at the time, get a bunch of candy and make a weekend out of watching them to see what I was missing out on and what all the hype was about. I got through about 20-30 mins of the first one and was about ready to throw my fist through the tv. Plan was aborted and I haven’t tried since.

I’m with the OP 100%, I’m sorry I wasted 20 minutes of my life with that trash, I’d have rather spent that time reading through @Ranching lame post history.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am proud to have never seen "Mama Mia 2", but my shame from seeing the original and not running screaming from the theater haunts me. I really do think a testosterpire, one that drinks the testosterone out of men, got me that day and it's taken me this long to build it back up.

Mannix

Reaction score
--------I don't understand how someone could possibly know he wouldn't like anything in the sci-fi genre if he's never watched anything in the sci-fi genre.

Ohhhh, I know.......I know. ***Said twice for extra effect***

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At CowboysZone, we strive towards making our members' lives as easy as possible *snarf!* In the spirit of this thread, I present this brief television series list to avoid due to them being partially science fiction based:

Now And Again
Man In The High Castle
The Six-Million Dollar Man
Quantum Leap
Dollhouse
Wynonna Earp
Lost
Orphan Black
The Handmaid's Tale
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Stranger Things
Westworld
The Prisoner

Do not let streaming service curiousity get the best of you! *Netflix is evil!* Avoid the above at all costs.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wife likes Star Wars and although I remember my brother getting a Darth Vader cake for his birthday when I was about 5, I have no recollection of ever seeing any of them. I’m not a sci fi fan at all but about 15 years ago (41 now) I figured maybe I was missing out since it was such a popular movie series.

Sooooooo...one day I decided to rent all the ones that were available at the time, get a bunch of candy and make a weekend out of watching them to see what I was missing out on and what all the hype was about. I got through about 20-30 mins of the first one and was about ready to throw my fist through the tv. Plan was aborted and I haven’t tried since.

I’m with the OP 100%, I’m sorry I wasted 20 minutes of my life with that trash, I’d have rather spent that time reading through @Ranching lame post history.
You'll probably use those twenty minutes secretly watching Zeke highlights!!!

aria

Reaction score
At CowboysZone, we strive towards making our members' lives as easy as possible *snarf!* In the spirit of this thread, I present this brief television series list to avoid due to them being partially science fiction based:

Now And Again
Man In The High Castle
Quantum Leap
Dollhouse
Wynonna Earp
Lost
Orphan Black
The Handmaid's Tale
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Stranger Things
Westworld
The Prisoner

Do not let streaming service curiousity get the best of you! *Netflix is evil!* Avoid the above at all costs.
Ahhhhh...I did like ole Sam and Al from Quantum Leap and I also thought Ex Machina (sp?) was pretty cool. I guess there’s a very limited few sci fi related movies or shows I’ve enjoyed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahhhhh...I did like ole Sam and Al from Quantum Leap and I also thought Ex Machina (sp?) was pretty cool. I guess there’s a very limited few sci fi related movies or shows I’ve enjoyed.
joey-shocked.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
--------I don't understand how someone could possibly know he wouldn't like anything in the sci-fi genre if he's never watched anything in the sci-fi genre.

Ohhhh, I know.......I know. ***Said twice for extra effect***
See, if you watched sci-fi, by now you would have learned that you can just use the "reply" button instead of copying and pasting.
:laugh:

nobody

Reaction score
———he'll watch one episode of some Sci-Fi show and then not leave his sofa for 90 days

haha....that ain’t happening. That “one” episode ain’t getting watched...if I was forced to do that, I’d quit watching TV all together...but that won’t happen, because they will never stop showing reruns of The Office. I wouldn’t even watch Sci-Fi cartoons...never watched any Super Hero cartoons...if something took place in space, or flew, or had super human strength, I was out on it. (Although Isis was hot because she was real...as in a real actor)

psst...The Office... is make believe. It's not real. Those are actors.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Now And Again
Man In The High Castle
Quantum Leap
Dollhouse
Wynonna Earp
Lost
Orphan Black
The Handmaid's Tale
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Stranger Things
Westworld
The Prisoner

Buffy doesn't really get into much sci-fi until a few seasons in.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I hate X, because I've experienced almost none of it in my life. And I'm damn proud of it!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
psst...The Office... is make believe. It's not real. Those are actors.
:laugh:

This avoidance of a whole genre reminds me of a pet peeve of mine that is off-topic from the thread. So-called reality television grates on my nerves. There is so much preplanned pseudo dramatization within the genre that I think it would be best served calling it fantasy television!

Short rant. Please overlook me. :muttley: