Sci Fi hater here. got a question

John813

Reaction score
I only liked one of the star wars movies, and it was due to the AT-AT's/AT-ST's. Never cared for the plot. Same with Star Trek.

But, I do love movies like Interstellar.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not watched a lot of The WB (and current The CW) programming but I would argue for Buffy The Vampire Slayer being the best series that the network ever had. Yes. The show's idea originated from a cult film of the same name but the premise was fresh from day one on television. The show never got stuck in limbo and continued to evolve throughout its run. In retrospect, it did not receive the same level of press that ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX series usually got but it maxed its appeal beyond its smaller network limitations.

Yeah. I am derailing a hate sci-fi thread but does anyone have a favorite Buffy line? One of mine has always been, "I may be dead but I'm still pretty." Sarah Michelle Gellar delivered great lines whenever the scene demanded it. :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have not watched a lot of The WB (and current The CW) programming but I would argue for Buffy The Vampire Slayer being the best series that the network ever had. Yes. The show's idea originated from a cult film of the same name but the premise was fresh from day one on television. The show never got stuck in limbo and continued to evolve throughout its run. In retrospect, it did not receive the same level of press that ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX series usually got but it maxed its appeal beyond its smaller network limitations.

Yeah. I am derailing a hate sci-fi thread but does anyone have a favorite Buffy line? One of mine has always been, "I may be dead but I'm still pretty." Sarah Michelle Gellar delivered great lines whenever the scene demanded it. :p
That was a great line. She usually did have some good ones, but for the life of me, I can't remember any of them, other than the one she shared with Kendra: "It's your lucky day, 2 slayers, no waiting."

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a great line. She usually did have some good ones, but for the life of me, I can't remember any of them, other than the one she shared with Kendra: "It's your lucky day, 2 slayers, no waiting."
Two more:

"I'm the thing that monsters have nightmares about."

"No weapons. No friends. No hope. Take all that away and what's left? Me."

nobody

Reaction score
My favorite episode was Hush.

maxresdefault.jpg

These guys like your choice.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I assure you most Sci Fi fans are happy to have you in the ‘haters’ column

:muttley:
Ever seen Howard Sturn's Private Parts movie? Remember when they said the people who hate Howard Sturn actually listen to him more hours a day than Howard Sturn's fans listen each day.

If you're bragging about not ever watching it. I'm guessing you talk about not watching more than others talk about actually watching it. o_O:laugh::lmao:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ever seen Howard Sturn's Private Parts movie? Remember when they said the people who hate Howard Sturn actually listen to him more hours a day than Howard Sturn's fans listen each day.

If you're bragging about not ever watching it. I'm guessing you talk about not watching more than others talk about actually watching it. o_O:laugh::lmao:
I've only listened to Sterns a couple of times, and it was so irritating I avoid him as best I can.....though I almost liked him on AGT.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If there is one thing that I'll take to my grave that I'm most proud of, its that I'll never have seen even 10 seconds of any Star Wars movie made....and I will be 57 this month. Is anyone with me on this, or does anyone know anyone like me? I've always been curious how many others like me are out there...let me here from ya.
Lol... well I know who I'm not getting paid to entertain.
Ah well. To each their own.

Corso

Reaction score
I only liked one of the star wars movies, and it was due to the AT-AT's/AT-ST's. Never cared for the plot. Same with Star Trek.

But, I do love movies like Interstellar.
I enjoyed Interstellar for the narcoleptic effect it has on my wife.
Pop that sucker in and off to shleepy-times for her.

Corso

Reaction score
If there is one thing that I'll take to my grave that I'm most proud of, its that I'll never have seen even 10 seconds of any Star Wars movie made....and I will be 57 this month. Is anyone with me on this, or does anyone know anyone like me? I've always been curious how many others like me are out there...let me here from ya.
TBH: I'm an unabashed B-movie lover. I don't care the genre.
The worse the movie the better.
I mean, I just watched Suburban Sasquatch and I liked it! The lead actress was the only thing holding that garage dump together. I wonder if she ever got any other roles. Probably not.
That flick was a magnificent abomination and probably ruined several careers.

It's also great in promoting lessons of what not to do.

nobody

Reaction score
TBH: I'm an unabashed B-movie lover. I don't care the genre.
The worse the movie the better.
I mean, I just watched Suburban Sasquatch and I liked it! The lead actress was the only thing holding that garage dump together. I wonder if she ever got any other roles. Probably not.
That flick was a magnificent abomination and probably ruined several careers.

It's also great in promoting lessons of what not to do.

You should try the Velocipastor if you want B-movie.