Signed by Cowboys Scott Tolzien new QB coach

ShortRound

Reaction score
LdCufaY.gif

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Yeah so, very underwhelming with the coaching hires.
They are all McCarthy peeps, so yeah if it doesn't work out, the whole team will fall.

I thought with especially the QC being so important moving forward that a bigger named coach would have been bought in. Guess we will see where this goes.
Solari seems like the only outside name bought in, everyone else apart from the glorified interns are promotions from within ?

lkelly

Reaction score
I laughed when Notre Dame ended up promoting from within (Gerad Parker) for their new OC after they seemed to strike out on other candidates because they didn't want to pay the buyout and other reasons. Who knew that Jerry's organization would look so similarly uncommitted/unattractive. Hey, we've got a 5 star practice facility but we have the slapped together coaching staff because, you know, there's no cap for coaches, oh wait....

Plankton

Reaction score
I'm amazed that anyone would expect any better given that McCarthy could be out of a job at year's end if they don't improve upon the last two playoff showings. No one of any quality is going to join a lame duck staff, not unless they have a pipeline to getting the head coaching job if there's a change.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Keep in mind MM lack of security is a huge in attracting top-level coaches but damn, he's bottom-feeding. Hell, if I didn't know better, I would think Stephen Jones hiring these coaches.

But wait, now that I think about it.......is it possible Stephen and Jerry refused to give MM any more money for coaches. ( just remembered Frank Reigh (Panther new coach) saying his owner kept his promise to spend for him to put together a top coaching staff.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We like our coaches.
We don't take risk on other teams players in free agency and apparently not their coaches either.
Why are we so concerned with the status quo here?
Some different perspectives could be healthy.
I guess we like our guys applies to coaches as well as players.
Not impressed..... AT ALL.
:facepalm:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm amazed that anyone would expect any better given that McCarthy could be out of a job at year's end if they don't improve upon the last two playoff showings. No one of any quality is going to join a lame duck staff, not unless they have a pipeline to getting the head coaching job if there's a change.
Yep.......you right

Rodney308

Reaction score
I love every bit of it. We have said for years that Jerry needs to get out of the way and let the Head Coach hire his own staff. Mike McCarthy is hiring his own staff. The fact is, every successful coach, in any sport, has been an "unknown" at some point.

visionary

Reaction score
This exactly
The HC and QB could be gone and we expect an up and comer to get on board?