Signed by Cowboys Scott Tolzien new QB coach

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dumpster diving on coaches now. Must be too hard to pass the concessions inflation on to the fans. Guy has NEVER been a QB coach. What the hell can he teach? Dak doesn’t have a chance.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Hey, we got rid of all these coaches .. but let's just promote the guys that worked under them. I smell success incoming.

quickccc

Reaction score
Dumpster diving on coaches now. Must be too hard to pass the concessions inflation on to the fans. Guy has NEVER been a QB coach. What the hell can he teach? Dak doesn’t have a chance.
McCarthy apparently deciding him to be the new QB coach, ..based off personally knowing him in GB as a player,..and his current time here as a quality control coach assistant.

Just my guess work, but maybe Tolzien will help carry on the footwork, positioning, and throwing mechanics necessary for the new West Coast offense.

- just like Kellen Moore, the bulk and biggest key with be Schottenhemeir to Dak Prescott.

Carson

Reaction score
Hey, we got rid of all these coaches .. but let's just promote the guys that worked under them. I smell success incoming.
This is what Jerry does.

They have some success. But instead of upgrading they decide to run it back with lesser coaching / talent.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Tolzien's resume is pretty much "hanging out with McCarthy in the QB room at GB."

I think position coach hires are pretty overblown - NFL vets already know the drill there - but McCarthy's habit of hiring his friends to his staff is very concerning. That's how we got Mike Nolan in 2020.

Carson

Reaction score
Tolzien's resume is pretty much "hanging out with McCarthy in the QB room at GB."

I think position coach hires are pretty overblown - NFL vets already know the drill there - but McCarthy's habit of hiring his friends to his staff is very concerning. That's how we got Mike Nolan in 2020.
I agree for the most part.

Chiefs had a good QB Coach in Matt Nagy. Eagles had up and coming Brian Johnson

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to start a pool.

How many games for Big Mike and his merry men.
I'm opening with 3.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Not only is it disappointing for Dak's progress, different teaching - fundamentals, seeing the field, decision making. Job's a QB coach is usually tasked with. How is this guy who's never been any sort of QB coach before gonna teach up a low round draft pick if we take one ?
It just doesn't make much sense this staff.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
maybe Tolzien will help carry on the footwork, positioning, and throwing mechanics necessary for the new West Coast offense.
Actually, I could see this.......giving Dak a coach he can lean on 24/7 regarding the WCO.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We like our guys is universal with the entire team, I guess.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
No assistant or position coach would come here. McCarthy might be on his last year, I wouldn't leave another job to come here if I was a coach either. So we're gonna get a bunch of trash that no one else wants. I, for one think this is a good thing. McCarthy lied to get the job and now he's gonna have to really coach.