Signed by Cowboys Scott Tolzien new QB coach

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
How is Mike a lame duck? Each year this team has progressed since he’s been here. Last year was even better as they replenished nothing at the skill positions and he still got a 12 win season and a playoff win on the road. Considering the two Bozo’s he’s working for he’s overachieved.
I'm certainly not a MM fan, but I have to agree with this. The job done so far is not worthy of being criticized so heavily. He's not the worst HC in the league IMO.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM is is in full control of the offense, he is bringing in guys that will teach his methods..... 10 years of JG have some of you putting way to much on what a QB coach actually does. MM brought this guy in because he knows what MM wants his QB to look for in his offense...its really that simple.
:hammer:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He brought in some trash too. I'm not excited about him hiring his good old boy pals, but at least it's do or die. Jerry gave him just enough rope to hang himself. I understood the OC spot and I guess the oline coach has to tie into that philosophy. The qb coach as well, I suppose. I can follow the logic, but Nolan hasn't been forgotten, yet. I'm happy with MM but he needs to make a run now.
When team hire a new Head Coach, they don't have unlimited options for get the exact coaches the the new HC prefers.

Parcells talked about that concept often when he was in Dallas.

CWR

Reaction score
When team hire a new Head Coach, they don't have unlimited options for get the exact coaches the the new HC prefers.

Parcells talked about that concept often when he was in Dallas.

Of course they are subject to availability. Is that what you were saying? I get tired of recycling coaches though. Sometimes I wish we'd go after new, fresh ideas etc. Of course they may not fit into the scheme and I realize all that has to be considered.

Some hires are just flat bad, and MM demonstrated that his first year. I dont blame availability either. If your guy wasn't there go find someone else, instead of relying on someone you have an existing relationship with, just because it's more comfortable.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course they are subject to availability. Is that what you were saying? I get tired of recycling coaches though. Sometimes I wish we'd go after new, fresh ideas etc. Of course they may not fit into the scheme and I realize all that has to be considered.

Some hires are just flat bad, and MM demonstrated that his first year. I dont blame availability either. If your guy wasn't there go find someone else, instead of relying on someone you have an existing relationship with, just because it's more comfortable.
Teams that fire their Head Coach after the season are at a disadvantage to teams that fired their HC during the season.

Teams that fired during the season can spend significant time reviewing all the potential candidates.
- That puts them a couple of steps ahead in setting up interviews, etc..

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I'm amazed that anyone would expect any better given that McCarthy could be out of a job at year's end if they don't improve upon the last two playoff showings. No one of any quality is going to join a lame duck staff, not unless they have a pipeline to getting the head coaching job if there's a change.
?????? Whatever do you mean ?outside of a cataclysmic failure (Which is highly unlikely) Mike will be here for a couple, even a few. And I'm glad to have him. But hey Delusion is a helluva drug