Signed by Cowboys Scott Tolzien new QB coach

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
So our QB play has been underperforming so we promote someone from within? What the heck LOL Jerry really trying to save some money.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

"And I think Tony did a great job, and I commend Tony and thank him so much for that -- of being another coach for me, of helping me out, of in the middle of the game, at practice, on the field and] off the field, giving me advice. And as a guy who went through exactly what I went through -- taking over the position from an older veteran, and knowing what it's like to be the quarterback of the [Dallas Cowboys, and just helping me out."
Bruh stop. Dak was just being a professional.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bruh stop. Dak was just being a professional.

R.838a410ea0b6e929e80d4a56eeaa2778

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s very strange. They now do the same with coaches that they’ve been doing with players? Can’t possibly improve outside the organization. :confused:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
"The goal is to maintain..." the status quo. Sure this nobody can fix Dak in his 8th season. Might as well just pull one of us out of the Zone.

tm1119

Reaction score
So many dumb comments in this thread with 0 knowledge of the actual situation. A position coach needs to be a smart guy that studies film and can communicate the game plan well. It’s very possible Tolzien is very good at those things. He was an overachiever with limited talent, those guys tend to be coaches because they advanced in their careers with tools other than pure talent.

According to some in this thread they wouldn’t have wanted Sean McVay or Kyle Shanahan coaching players because they weren’t good enough to make the NFL as players.

Plankton

Reaction score
What's up with making failed QBs, QB coaches?
The ability to teach, disseminate information and motivate doesn't necessarily correlate with the physical aptitude to play and succeed at the position.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, I looked at him and He looks like Tyson Fury...So, whats your point bad NFL QB's make excellent NFL QB coaches?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agreed, I was hoping for Jon Kitna.
show me all 32 QBCs around the league and show me the impressive list of ex qbs who are in those positions. i mean if this is underwhelming try Davis webb the new qb coach for Russell Wilson LOL most bigger names are OCs and Hcs. not a qb coach thats a steppingstone position for lessor ex-players or new coaches.

skimmed the list didn't find many impressive or recognizable names at QB coach. just saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_staffs

Reaction score
Light resume..........very light

I find it hard to believe MM couldn't find a QB coach with a stronger resume.........lazy hire
Especially given that it's such a coveted job, they could have had anybody. No matter what he does Dak will make him look like a genius,,,

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Well I’m not the kind to kiss and tell but I’ve been seen with Farrah
I’ve never been with anything less than a nine so fine…

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Perhaps Tolzien can work miracles with Dak, whereas others have failed to do so.
Maybe we'd best hope so. I think our FO will see fit to retain him indefinitely. :omg:

CWR

Reaction score
Didn't McCarthy bring in a lot of his guys in 2020?

He brought in some trash too. I'm not excited about him hiring his good old boy pals, but at least it's do or die. Jerry gave him just enough rope to hang himself. I understood the OC spot and I guess the oline coach has to tie into that philosophy. The qb coach as well, I suppose. I can follow the logic, but Nolan hasn't been forgotten, yet. I'm happy with MM but he needs to make a run now.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
MM is is in full control of the offense, he is bringing in guys that will teach his methods..... 10 years of JG have some of you putting way to much on what a QB coach actually does. MM brought this guy in because he knows what MM wants his QB to look for in his offense...its really that simple.