Signed by Cowboys Scott Tolzien new QB coach

blueblood70

Reaction score
so let me get thus straight you believe you know who are better choices for Mike then Mike? if Mikes job is on the line he believes this is the support staff he needs to get his tweaked Offense installed and taught to the offense.. irony is that bunch of nobody internet owner gm fans somehow believe they purposefully made bad hires and got lazy so they could fail LOL MM jobs on the line these are who he believes can help the most and intent experts chime in lie they did last year remember all the historically bad offseason chatter and this will be a bad and organically tanking type season posts,..lmao

so far from the truth its laughable this place has become the nfl dc standup comedy place to go for great laugh.. all these experts in one place somehow the zone hasnt gone pro and assembled investors and their own team and applied for expansion in the nfl..lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
McCarthy apparently deciding him to be the new QB coach, ..based off personally knowing him in GB as a player,..and his current time here as a quality control coach assistant.

Just my guess work, but maybe Tolzien will help carry on the footwork, positioning, and throwing mechanics necessary for the new West Coast offense.

- just like Kellen Moore, the bulk and biggest key with be Schottenhemeir to Dak Prescott.
close but the key is MM is taking over and he will be in Daks ear more than anyone.gh staff will, relay his thoughts and orders.

ESisback

Reaction score
I’m not gonna stress out until I see ineffective production. I trust McCarthy’s judgement over armchair GMs. At the moment.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That’s less than one a game. Now teach Dak.
you do realize that a lot of ex nfl payers who were jags or worse are now in very successful NFL coaching positions many are ex qbs who are now Head coaches or other positions coaching..

One example, Doug Pederson, was he any good? he has SB ring and has Trevor playing pretty well., wentz best years were with Pederson, odd huh? if you can't play, you coach , doesn't mean they cant relay messages to and from MM to get the entire offense on the same page as his top run these plays.

MM hired a staff he wanted, as it should be and the peanut gallery with zero nfl experience like to mock the changes as if you all know better then Mike??

ESisback

Reaction score
you do realize that a lot of ex nfl payers who were jags or worse are now in very successful NFL coaching positions many are ex qbs who are now Head coaches or other positions coaching..

One example, Doug Pederson, was he any good? he has SB ring and has Trevor playing pretty well., wentz best years were with Pederson, odd huh? if you can't play, you coach , doesn't mean they cant relay messages to and from MM to get the entire offense on the same page as his top run these plays.

MM hired a staff he wanted, as it should be and the peanut gallery with zero nfl experience like to mock the changes as if you all know better then Mike??
And the “mockers” play the easy odds. If Dallas doesn’t go to the Super Bowl, they think it validates their perpetual crying, and they strut accordingly. “I own you”, “I told everyone”, “Dallas will never win with…”, etc., etc.

MikeT22

Reaction score

Relax, it wasn’t a knock on Tolzien

blueblood70

Reaction score
Relax, it wasn’t a knock on Tolzien
missed my point MM is not going to purposefully torpedo himself with bad hired, he truly believes these are the right pieces to make the subtle changes he wants to add but he IS and WILL be the general in this process where he realizes its all on him now.. so why would he make bad hires?? as if they couldn't have reached out for Bienemy or anyone else, they could have and most like got them here BUT he needed a staff that can teach his offense..

and BTW ridiculous to think dak needs some kind of QB guru to "fix" him, fix what is Buffalo concerned about all the INT and fumbles by this alleged elite qb in allen? how about Trevor, you think Doug is firing his qb coach over the way Trevor played in the playoffs, how about Stafford did they overact to his 17ints and 2 int they threw in the SB?? Nope, this place is clueless Daks not broke, half his INTs were on the wr, OL, or other factors that were tips, ricochets , or bad routes and scarier sometimes all the above on the same play,...

these are facts Daks not broke, he had bad run of mistakes that many factors led too ,. not him being broke.. so lets move on from that ridiculous narrative, dak needs to be "fixed".. the wrs group, scheme, OL, and run game needs some fixing and can eliminate many of those untimely mistakes. they started with Moore gone and bringing in new staff to change the offense.

all tat aid we made it to dang 2nd round with 12wins and this place feels Daks broke..lmao.

do you know some fans are just really ridiculously clueless when it comes to words that they use ie average, really below average...
Prescott‘s career he’s top-five since 2016 in win percentage and wins. He has no losing seasons. He’s also had the Cowboys in the playoffs 4 out of the 6 years he’s been healthy. I don’t get why you think his completion percentage his 166 passing touchdowns, has 26 rushing touchdowns, the only and I use the word only , so you understand it , 65 interceptions which is better after 97 games and all categories Peyton Manning and others...

Yes ,everybody go to record. There’s a meme going around on whether Andrew luck to go in the Hall of Fame with the numbers he put up before he retired. Prescott career is as good or better and he still playing, than Andrew luck.
I don’t know what’s wrong with you people ,Prescott is this far from average as a quarterback can be in this league because there’s 32 of them and he still putting up top 10 numbers he is not our problem in the playoffs.
if you think he is , I’m sorry there are other quarterbacks that through two interceptions in a playoff game or more including Josh Allen ,Trevor Lawrence ,Matthew Stafford, and others have also led the league in interceptions.
Prescott is not average, he may not elite, but he’s definitely nowhere near what you could use the term average.

He’s a lot better than you think because we could do worse and CJ Stroud Kinda being Trey Lance would you like to trade up and do something stupid like that ??
it’s not even possible ,yet here we are talking about it but everyone’s picking on Prescott. Prescott is a lot better career than most think. and it’s not a waste and neither was Tony Romo There were about 20 other teams that wish they had a quarterback like that.

Trust me, look at the dumb trades that are made in the off-season for quarterback like Russell Wilson, who didn’t do much Deshaun Watson look what he got paid, and what they had to give up getting him.
Prescott was simply a fourth-round pick that’s had a great career, so far, outside of the playoffs. It’s not all his fault they haven’t gone further.

And yet fans can’t see it because they’re blind because it could be very worst. Remember all the quarterbacks we went through from Aikman to Tony Romo ??? like 13 , who pretty much What you would call below average to really bad. rally really bad..

blueblood70

Reaction score
This team is just loading up on talented coaches.
more talented than the zones coaching experienced combined huh? odd you are telling Mike a 30 year + NFL experienced coach with sb ring and who BTW has now coached this team to its best stretch since the mid 90s, who is and isnt a good hire for HIS Team?? irony is thick.

i thought the alleged story was Moore was forced on him and hes a puppet , but now that he let moore go and brought "his guys" on board, its bad??

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many teams have a high performing former NFL QB as their QB coach? That's not really the norm
No clue. That wasn't my point however. I will say this, Dak played some of his best football with Romo by his side so maybe you are onto to something.

Retro88

Reaction score
Is it possible that nobody wants to come here bc they think he's a lame duck? These hires just don't tell show me that understands that his job is on the line.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol romo didnt even talk to Dak..
:rolleyes:

"And I think Tony did a great job, and I commend Tony and thank him so much for that -- of being another coach for me, of helping me out, of in the middle of the game, at practice, on the field and] off the field, giving me advice. And as a guy who went through exactly what I went through -- taking over the position from an older veteran, and knowing what it's like to be the quarterback of the [Dallas Cowboys, and just helping me out."