Scouting Combine thread

Rayman70

Reaction score
It was interesting to see Jeremiah trip all over himself when Dugger did not test like he thought he would. He was all over Twitter about how great his interviews went and how he would perform.

There were rumors back in the day with Kiper, but I am now positive draftniks get agent kickbacks to promote prospects.
Dugger is just a good ball player. I don't really care how he tested. If anything, the guy is electrifying on special teams as a weapon.Plus he has versatility. If he's the best guy on our board at 51, I am ok drafting him. At 17 I think everything is on the table. Trading back may be our best move.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I think we can move back to the bills pick and they can get that top end WR they want and we can get there 1st and 2nd rounder

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think this draft is super high in depth. Unless a top ten talent falls to 17, I want to move back to the end of the first and pick up another second.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
For sure. In the discussion, not a top choice. Aside from Okudah, would you take any other secondary players over Henderson at 17? CB or S.
After my guy Arnette ran terrible then no. But thats not to say none of the corners including arnette wont be better. Just basing it on combine and film its easier to justify Henderson

Xavier187

Reaction score
After my guy Arnette ran terrible then no. But thats not to say none of the corners including arnette wont be better. Just basing it on combine and film its easier to justify Henderson
If we could move back I would take Delpit out wright. Then in the second two CBs unless a value is there I couldnt pass up

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Dugger is just a good ball player. I don't really care how he tested. If anything, the guy is electrifying on special teams as a weapon.Plus he has versatility. If he's the best guy on our board at 51, I am ok drafting him. At 17 I think everything is on the table. Trading back may be our best move.
I am not judging him. I actually like the player.

But Jeremiah was sure he was going to blow up the building and he didn't.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Arnette is not a simple traits evaluation.

He has an attitude problem.

DanA

Reaction score
The strength of this draft is QB, WR, OT, DT, and CB.

I would love to attack WR, DT, and CB in this draft, and address the weaknesses of it in FA.

Re-signing Quinn would be a big priority for me.
Jarwin would be another guy I'd try to keep.

I would love to trade back and pick up some more picks.

If we're excluding top 15 picks then I'd say DT is a weakness in this draft. I think you'll see more top 100 safeties than DT's
It was interesting to see Jeremiah trip all over himself when Dugger did not test like he thought he would. He was all over Twitter about how great his interviews went and how he would perform.

There were rumors back in the day with Kiper, but I am now positive draftniks get agent kickbacks to promote prospects.

Dugger did say in an interview he can run in the 4.3's and that's what he's aiming for. I was skeptical about that but you have to take his word for it until there is evidence to the contrary, there's now evidence to the contrary.

Xavier187

Reaction score
If we're excluding top 15 picks then I'd say DT is a weakness in this draft. I think you'll see more top 100 safeties than DT's

Dugger did say in an interview he can run in the 4.3's and that's what he's aiming for. I was skeptical about that but you have to take his word for it until there is evidence to the contrary, there's now evidence to the contrary.

Exactly.
DT is super weak in this class.
Wr 1
OT 2
CB far behind 3

The FA class of DTs is where you should look for a DT.
Focus on your CB S and maybe LB and Wr in this class. Dont stray away from a need just because. You have to remember the other half of our Secondary are FAs next year.

Bettee step up your draft game

bodi

Reaction score
I have, and I don’t think his tackling ability is as big of a negative as you’re making it out to be. The ability is there, he’s not soft or small, just needs to be more consistent and wrap up. That can be coached. His ability to keep a WR from catching the ball is my biggest concern.

He was banged up. He didn't even include a 2018 shoulder surgery that may continue to hamper his ability to hit and drive.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
i see a lot of players pulling this nonsense in this combine,they all to put up fake times in the pro days where everything is controlled.

Yeah I kinda noticed it a bit this week but after you mentioned it there was a lot of guys that were suddenly “injured”.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I really think the people gung-ho for Delpit watched his highlight videos instead of his game cut ups.

I think people just want a safety that is a playmaker and see guys that mostly play in the box as being terrible value.

If I draft a safety I want upside and Delpit has upside.

Im sure McKinney will be a nice ho hum player for someone’s defense.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
yall love giving henderson and delpit excuses. Arnette played all year with a cast on his hand and was still a beast vs the run. Those 2 may be great athletes but theyre both soft.
He was banged up. He didn't even include a 2018 shoulder surgery that may continue to hamper his ability to hit and drive.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think people just want a safety that is a playmaker and see guys that mostly play in the box as being terrible value.

If I draft a safety I want upside and Delpit has upside.

Im sure McKinney will be a nice ho hum player for someone’s defense.

Dude forced 7 picks and fumbles, had 3 sacks, averaged 5 solo tackles a week... like how is that doing nothing? He had 2x as many turnovers as Delpit last year, playing in the same division of the same conference.

I can see if you're not blown away by his physical skillset, but frankly, Delpit's not a crazy athlete either. I'm not seeing a bunch of untapped potential with either of them. I think you see them as ceiling/floor, but to me they are both like floor/floor.

And if you think McKinney's just a box guy, watch the tape. He played 35% of his snaps deep, 36% in the box, and 29% in the slot. Dude was a true 3-position player.

Last edited:

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Madibuike and blacklock as first round candidates. We can get a starting caliber cb in round 2 in my opinion.

First round yes, but you taking them at 17... I'm not.

Like them in the second round, but that's about it. Once Kinlaw is off the board D-line boasts 2nd round grade at best. AJ Espenesa pre-combine was 1-2 grade for me, but that combine makes me wonder where to even place him.

CJ Henderson put him right in 15-20 range. If there I think this would be a Cowboys type of pick.