Scouting Combine thread

fivetwos

Reaction score
We need to move down from 17 (assuming Kinlaw and Brown are gone), pick up an extra 3rd and or 4th and look for Winfield as the top pick.

A quality WR can be had w the extra pick.

I guess its typical to think all these guys we see on the TV this week can help, but this draft just seems very deep at several spots. Deeper than usual anyway.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM has a long history of pinpointing hidden gems when he was in GB. I have a hunch he already has a different list of who he likes than the sports media does. No one had GB taking Jordy Nelson..but HE AND THE PACKERS GM knew about him. Just 1 example OF what MM does. He thinks outside the box. We are all thinking DB/safety/DT for sure at 17...BUT history says he isn't conventional. He is truly a BPA guy. He even said it when he was hired and in a recent interview. He said " all I know is we want good football players" "regardless of position." I think Dallas will let the draft fall to them. I also expect to see us accumulate picks by trading down..then I also expect to see us move up if MM see's his guy in striking range in round 2. Get your popcorn ready.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gallimore at 17 isn't conventional thinking,but we cannot rule that out from MM. Dude is huge AND RAN A FREAKY 40 time for a guy that big.

tm1119

Reaction score
CJ Henderson definitely earned his way into the discussion at 17. That kind of size and smooth athleticism is pretty rare

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Gallimore at 17 isn't conventional thinking,but we cannot rule that out from MM. Dude is huge AND RAN A FREAKY 40 time for a guy that big.
Him too but i heard a big deal made about him being an older prospect. Like 24 or something

stilltheguru

Reaction score
CJ Henderson definitely earned his way into the discussion at 17. That kind of size and smooth athleticism is pretty rare
You only take cbs that make business decisions if they are playmakers. Henderson mirrors guys like Byron. He just seems like something is off from listening to him.

tm1119

Reaction score
You only take cbs that make business decisions if they are playmakers. Henderson mirrors guys like Byron. He just seems like something is off from listening to him.

What do you mean by business decisions?

And I think most teams would be happy with a draft pick of Byron Jones at pick 17. Good NFL starters aren’t that easy to come by

stilltheguru

Reaction score
What do you mean by business decisions?

And I think most teams would be happy with a draft pick of Byron Jones at pick 17. Good NFL starters aren’t that easy to come by
Have you seen him play? Dude doesnt want to tackle. Marcus peters gets away with that because he takes away the ball. And as far as Byron you missed the point. Byron and henderson COVER the same. Only byron was an excellent run game cb. Henderson isnt.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
The strength of this draft is QB, WR, OT, DT, and CB.

I would love to attack WR, DT, and CB in this draft, and address the weaknesses of it in FA.

Re-signing Quinn would be a big priority for me.
Jarwin would be another guy I'd try to keep.

I would love to trade back and pick up some more picks.

tm1119

Reaction score
Have you seen him play? Dude doesnt want to tackle. Marcus peters gets away with that because he takes away the ball. And as far as Byron you missed the point. Byron and henderson COVER the same. Only byron was an excellent run game cb. Henderson isnt.

I have, and I don’t think his tackling ability is as big of a negative as you’re making it out to be. The ability is there, he’s not soft or small, just needs to be more consistent and wrap up. That can be coached. His ability to keep a WR from catching the ball is my biggest concern.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I have, and I don’t think his tackling ability is as big of a negative as you’re making it out to be. The ability is there, he’s not soft or small, just needs to be more consistent and wrap up. That can be coached. His ability to keep a WR from catching the ball is my biggest concern.
I hear you. I wouldnt be mad if we drafted him id just rather go elsewhere

tm1119

Reaction score
I hear you. I wouldnt be mad if we drafted him id just rather go elsewhere

For sure. In the discussion, not a top choice. Aside from Okudah, would you take any other secondary players over Henderson at 17? CB or S.

817Gill

Reaction score
Trade down and pick up and extra second would be perfect. With our immediate needs being DT, S, CB, WR, I’m assuming the team addresses at least one of those in FA.

Trade back with Buff. We get 22, 54 they get 17.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Its simple if we get a CB in FreeAgency we are screwed. Over priced and not talented. We need two CBs 1 Starter or with Starter Capability.
We need atleast a S aswell.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It was interesting to see Jeremiah trip all over himself when Dugger did not test like he thought he would. He was all over Twitter about how great his interviews went and how he would perform.

There were rumors back in the day with Kiper, but I am now positive draftniks get agent kickbacks to promote prospects.

Rayman70

Reaction score
can tell ya right now, our draft this year will stun folks. MM won't care what the name on the back of the jersey is or where a guy played..he already said, he wants good football players and playmakers. Position really doesn't matter to him one bit. Other than QB, I can see MM doing almost anything and everything come April. He loves Cobb, but if he see's a guy he has rated the same or better at wr, he will draft him and stockpile talent THEN let them compete in camp. He is the anti-garrett.