CFZ Scouting the Commanders

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Oh, I'm old enough that my perspective is a relative point...you weren't knocked off a perch. I can't wait for Sunday, myself. For reason...
do we handle business or do we get handled??

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully we are resting players by the 4th quarter. Even if a big lead, in the 3rd it won't happen until into the 4th.

However, as some already posted, that is not what this team does, it could be a bit of a fight into the 4th.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We have the opportunity to win the division. MM and DQ will have the team ready to roll.

Washington will come out swinging but when they fall behind, their minds will drift to vacations and visualizing their golf swings. The FO will want that #2 pick in April as well.

Dallas pulls away in the 3rd quarter and wins easy.

Dallas 30
Wash 13

Aven8

Reaction score
We have the opportunity to win the division. MM and DQ will have the team ready to roll.

Washington will come out swinging but when they fall behind, their minds will drift to vacations and visualizing their golf swings. The FO will want that #2 pick in April as well.

Dallas pulls away in the 3rd quarter and wins easy.

Dallas 30
Wash 13
With the QB’s coming out they would be foolish to give up that #2 pick!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
With the QB’s coming out they would be foolish to give up that #2 pick!
For sure. Though it would be funny if they go “all in” and beat Dallas, Philly chokes in NY, we win the division anyway— AND Wash loses out (again) on a possible generational QB lol

ghst187

Reaction score
I think they'll want to win simply because "its dallas and atleast we beat them"

but then again Ron Knows hes fired and players know they wont come back next year so they may not try
Not only that but they could get as high as the #2 draft pick with a loss or drop all the way to 7 if they win. The top QBs will be gone by then. They would be idiots to seriously try to win but then again, it is the nations capital so full of idiots.
I expect they’d start their starters for a half and then play a lot of backups to evaluate them for next year and ensure they don’t win the game and lose the 2 pick. But that makes too much sense for a franchise that fails at failing so they probably play their best game all year and it goes down to the wire.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I just finished watching the 49er/Commode game from this weekend. Washington is not good, but they are playing hard. They players do not play like they've given up. Rivera totally has given up, but the players still play very hard. They had an opportunity right around the beginning of the 4th quarter to cut it to a 20-17 deficit when Howell threw a rezone INT to keep it 20-10. He then threw another INT on the next possession to essentially end the game.

ChrisL97

Reaction score
It was a game into the late 3rd quarter if I remember correctly. That's when they failed on two 4th and ones near midfield and the Bland pick six put it away.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no reason why we can't beat the Commanders by a comfortable margin. Play solid defense and give 'em hell with our passing game. They're quite good on defense and a bit inconsistent offensively. Here's hoping our guys make sure to bring their "A" game for that contest.

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Weather is the great equalizer. Let’s hope the elements don’t get too bad because Dallas doesn’t have a run game to lean on.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The Washington fans want them to lose this game, the Washington front office wants to lose this game. Ron Rivera just wants to take a nap. But I think the players will be playing to win.

offlimits

Reaction score
Bad weather is always the great equalizer but it appears rain is no longer in the forecast on Sunday in Landover. Partly sunny now.

GMO415

Reaction score
Bullet, that's a heck of a lot of work. Just beat this team and be ready to win the NFCE and enjoy a home playoff game.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I live in the area and know the team well

they're bad in just about every phase of the game....the beginning/middle of the year they were below average to average and at one time were 4-5 since then though make no mistake theyve been the worst team ive ever seen

theyre defense may actually be worst than our 2020 defense

not saying they cant win sunday because they can, but if dallas brings their best and washington brings their best this game is over by halftime

theyre bad, like really bad
They didn’t look to bad vs the Whiners in the 1st half last week.

Their running game looked pretty good in the 1st half.

We can’t just show up and win. We need to play smart. No dumb mistakes or penalties!