SDogo's 1st ever Draft Prep Thread

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
casmith07;3919139 said:
If our guy was so great, why even bring in Woicik, who is regarded around the league as the best in the business and possibly the best ever?

Juraszek was not even around for much of last year. Did you forget about his health problems?

So it comes down to Woicik or Tony Ollison.

I know, tough choice.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
casmith07;3919120 said:
If New England trades with us to 9, they're picking Julio Jones. I think the Lions are going to definitely take Prince Amakumara too. Castonzo could very well last until #17. If not, Carimi is a great pick at #17.

carimi is not even on the same level as smith and castonzo, people need to undersatnd he'll get abused by speed rushers just like colombo did

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
ukinto8;3919151 said:
carimi is not even on the same level as smith and castonzo, people need to undersatnd he'll get abused by speed rushers just like colombo did
I don't agree with this at all.

Castonzo had his struggles with speed rushers too.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Alexander;3919143 said:
Juraszek was not even around for much of last year. Did you forget about his health problems?
Exactly. If not for those he'd probably still be the S&C coach.

I've sung Woicik's praises many times, but let's not act like the guy who left is a scrub when in fact he wasn't at all.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Amazing thread! I'm glad I found this forum, yours and Hostiles threads have given me a much needed cowboy draft fix. I was going crazy in anticipation there for awhile, still am! I would love to get PP, but a trade down for Smith, Castonzo or Watt to add a pick would be great! I am else very excited to hear from pretty much everywhere that Huff is basically already a cowboy. I doubt we could land Mankins though, very expensive but I would flip out if we got Huff and Mankins. Thanks again.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Can't thank you enough for a great with substance!

Most of what you describe would make sense, though some the players suggested may not be my absolute favorites in those slots.

Draft weekend can't get here soon enough!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
johnnyd;3919007 said:
*******s...lol

Browns GM Tom Heckert has a two-player "wish list" for the No. 6 overall pick.

If neither player is available, Heckert will look to trade out of the sixth spot. The Cleveland Plain Dealer is convinced the Browns will target a defensive player, specifically Patrick Peterson, while the Akron Beacon-Journal sees A.J. Green as too tempting to pass up. There's a better than even chance both players will be gone by the time the Browns pick.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/120561494.html

I think this is just his way of trying to up the ante of any team willing to move up. I highly doubt they take Haden in the top 10 last year and then turn around and take another DB in the top 10.

ukinto8;3919117 said:
here;s my concern and i'm sure that many of you share it.

JJ tries to get too greedy in a trade down. That extra 2nd that he apparently covets could lead to a huge egg on chin episode imo.

Lets say that The pats do indeed offer 17 and 60. Then it plays out like this

9. pats - JJWatt
10. Skins - Julio Jones
11. texans - Aldon Smith
12. Vikings - Tyron Smith
13. Lions - Anthony Castonzo
14. rams - Cam Jordan
15. Phins - Mike Pouncey

we're sat at 18 looking like a set of wet lemons. Our 4 supposed targets are gone and we're left taking a guy we didnt really want in round 1 or trading down again.

IMO we should not go lower than pick 14.

I think this is EXTREMELY unlikely.

Not only would the Pats be trading up for Julio instead of JJ Watt, them taking Julio virtually guarantees Washington,Minnesota and probably Miami go QB. So you see Mallet,Locker and another QB go off the board, so at least Pouncey, and Tyron Smith are still there in that scenario.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
First, great post SDogo!!!!!!!!

Do u know if we showed any interest Deunta Wlliams? If so what round?

Also is gronk gonna be the FB next season or they looking to draft one? If so what round?

As always thanks SDogo

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Muhast;3919177 said:
Not only would the Pats be trading up for Julio instead of JJ Watt, them taking Julio virtually guarantees Washington,Minnesota and probably Miami go QB. So you see Mallet,Locker and another QB go off the board, so at least Pouncey, and Tyron Smith are still there in that scenario.

I honestly think that if Washington doesn't draft Julio Jones at #10, then they'll go with the best OLB prospect available... who will probably be Aldon Smith.

That is unless they trade back from 10.

I do hope they draft QB at 10 though, because I don't think there is anyone worth the 10th pick that will still be there.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Muhast;3919177 said:
I think this is EXTREMELY unlikely.

Agree.

But even if this nightmare unfolded, it could only happen if possibly all of the following players went unpicked by 17. We would be able to package our 40th and 60th to move up (if we wished) and take any TWO:
Quinn, Amukamara, Lieuget, Carimi, Ingram, Kerrigan, Hutten, J Smith, Wilkerson, Hayward,....etc.

Even under that unexpected and almost impossible scenario, we could have an outstanding draft becasue forth at to happen to great ones would have to slide to 17.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
SDogo;3919078 said:
Yeah they do and so does the rest of the league. The guys track record speaks for it's self.

He might be the most recognized, decorated and respected S&C Coach in the league and of all time.

So why did the Pats let him walk?

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
DFWJC;3919207 said:
Agree.

But even if this nightmare unfolded, it could only happen if possibly all of the following players went unpicked by 17. We would be able to package our 40th and 60th to move up (if we wished) and take any TWO:
Quinn, Amukamara, Lieuget, Carimi, Ingram, Kerrigan, Hutten, J Smith, Wilkerson, Hayward,....etc.

Even under that unexpected and almost impossible scenario, we could have an outstanding draft becasue forth at to happen to great ones would have to slide to 17.

Indeed. I would have ZERO problem taking Carimi and Quinn, who I really like or Prince who I also like, maybe even more. Ingram would be a luxury pick but with Felix and Choice, I'd go defense. So many great options for the cowboys this draft, I hope they capitalize.

rojan

Reaction score
Great Thread!!!

How deep is our interest in Mike Pouncey and when do you think would be a good spot to draft him at???

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
rojan;3919222 said:
Great Thread!!!

How deep is our interest in Mike Pouncey and when do you think would be a good spot to draft him at???
I don't know about our interest in him but I think he will go 15-20.

Wimbo

Reaction score
My pet cat is Aldrick Robnison. Any hint of interest in him in the late rounds? Lately he seems to have a reputation of not being fast, but if you watched him over the last couple seasons, he was always the fastest guy on the field.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dash28;3919213 said:
His contract ended after 2010 season.

He elected to come back to the Cowboys and for JG.

That's letting someone walk. Doesn't answer my question.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
He elected to come to Dallas, the pats most likely attempted to re-sign him but they can't do anything about it if his contract is up and prefers Dallas. Hell either way we got a great S/C coach, JJ was great as well so either way we were gonna be good to go.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Corleone;3919227 said:
He elected to come to Dallas, the pats most likely attempted to re-sign him but they can't do anything about it if his contract is up and prefers Dallas. Hell either way we got a great S/C coach, JJ was great as well so either way we were gonna be good to go.

Again - my question is why wouldn't the Pats have done everything possible to lock him up? You aren't answering that.