SDogo's 1st ever Draft Prep Thread

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Muhast;3919177 said:
I think this is just his way of trying to up the ante of any team willing to move up. I highly doubt they take Haden in the top 10 last year and then turn around and take another DB in the top 10.

I think this is EXTREMELY unlikely.

Not only would the Pats be trading up for Julio instead of JJ Watt, them taking Julio virtually guarantees Washington,Minnesota and probably Miami go QB. So you see Mallet,Locker and another QB go off the board, so at least Pouncey, and Tyron Smith are still there in that scenario.

ok i'll play along,

9. Pats - Julio Jones
10. Skins - Locker
11. Texans - Aldon Smith
12. Vikings - TSmith
13. Lions - Prince
14. Rams - Cam Jordan
15. Phins - Pouncey
16. Jax - Watt
17. Chargers all the top de's have gone, whats to stop say the colts jumping up here and taking castonzo ahead of us.

Moving back 9 spots and having 4 guys targetted is awful risky imo.

visionary

Reaction score
ukinto8;3919231 said:
ok i'll play along,

9. Pats - Julio Jones
10. Skins - Locker
11. Texans - Aldon Smith
12. Vikings - TSmith
13. Lions - Prince
14. Rams - Cam Jordan
15. Phins - Pouncey
16. Jax - Watt
17. Chargers all the top de's have gone, whats to stop say the colts jumping up here and taking castonzo ahead of us.

Moving back 9 spots and having 4 guys targetted is awful risky imo.

trading down to 17 for #60 is exactly the reason why NE has only contacted us (per SDogo OP), because no one else would be foolish enough to do this

to trade from 9 to 17, they at least need to give us #33

if not, we take smith

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Well that's info only the pats would have I guess. Maybe they did but I guess I see where your speculation comes from.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
it makes me laugh how people think if we move down it'll all fall into place, like 31 other teams arent allowed to move up/down and target the same guys.

divot

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the post
It's like a cold glass of water to a thirsty man!

It's been asked how t smith would rank amongst OT's the past 2 years. In your opinion how would Castanzo rank?
2nd question is does Watt make our pass rush from our linebackers more effective by actually being a threat, or would Jordan be a better option?

burmafrd

Reaction score
I still refuse to believe that the BOYS really think that Woicic is THAT much better than JJ. Just do not believe it. That would be as somone mentioned thinking that like in HC Campo was only a little worse than Jimmy was.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
TheDallasDon;3919196 said:
First, great post SDogo!!!!!!!!

Do u know if we showed any interest Deunta Wlliams? If so what round?

Also is gronk gonna be the FB next season or they looking to draft one? If so what round?

As always thanks SDogo

The Cowboys have not ignored Deunta Williams. I know we have not heard his name a lot and most of that has to do with what he has not been able to do during the draft process. We all know the Cowboys spent some time on his team mate DaNorris Searcy but Dallas took ample time at the North Carolina pro day to speak with Williams. I don't know how much of an interest is there but he's on the radar.

As far as Gronk I'm starting to believe his time in Dallas is limited. As I stated in my post, the Cowboys seem to be giving a lot of attention to the H-Back position and with the return on John Phillips I believe he is expendable.

SDogo

Reaction score
rojan;3919222 said:
Great Thread!!!

How deep is our interest in Mike Pouncey and when do you think would be a good spot to draft him at???

Deep enough that I'm told if the situation plays out right he very well could be the selection if Dallas trades down far enough. Problem with that is, I'm told there is no way he gets past Miami.

SDogo

Reaction score
AbeBeta;3919225 said:
That's letting someone walk. Doesn't answer my question.

No, he's right. It's not that the Patriots did not want to retain him, they tried. He chose to move back to Dallas.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
SDogo;3919256 said:
No, he's right. It's not that the Patriots did not want to retain him, they tried. He chose to move back to Dallas.
Not sure why that is so hard to grasp.

SDogo

Reaction score
burmafrd;3919249 said:
I still refuse to believe that the BOYS really think that Woicic is THAT much better than JJ. Just do not believe it. That would be as somone mentioned thinking that like in HC Campo was only a little worse than Jimmy was.

I'm not sure why that hard to believe. I'm pretty sure if you ask player, coaches and front office people around the league he would be in the top 3 choices to head a S&C program and I highly doubt JJ would make the top 10.

DFWJC

Reaction score
visionary;3919233 said:
trading down to 17 for #60 is exactly the reason why NE has only contacted us (per SDogo OP), because no one else would be foolish enough to do this

to trade from 9 to 17, they at least need to give us #33

if not, we take smith
17 and 33 would be too rich. But yes, 17 and 60 does not seem like enough for 9.

Maybe our 9 and 71 for their 17, 33, and 125?

burmafrd

Reaction score
SDogo;3919260 said:
I'm not sure why that hard to believe. I'm pretty sure if you ask player, coaches and front office people around the league he would be in the top 3 choices to head a S&C program and I highly doubt JJ would make the top 10.

Is that what you hear? That there is that much of a gap? Just find it hard to believe that he could be THAT much better.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
SDogo;3919260 said:

Not according to Chocolate Lab, but carry on, sir.

SDogo

Reaction score
burmafrd;3919287 said:
Is that what you hear? That there is that much of a gap? Just find it hard to believe that he could be THAT much better.

I have been around a lot of teams in the past and a lot of NFL people of the last 15 years and that's the general feeling I have. I'll admit, I have never asked the question or polled anyone. It's just a educated guess based on information and general discussion I have heard or had over that period of time.

I mean you could be right. I cant say for sure if I have never asked directly.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
casmith07;3919290 said:
Not according to Chocolate Lab, but carry on, sir.

Not me, Bill Parcells.

Or Colombo.

Juraszek's efforts with offensive tackle Marc Colombo helped Colombo recover from what some thought was a career-ending knee injury. Colombo started all 16 games at right tackle for the Cowboys last season and earned himself a fat free agent contract.

"He's an unbelievable coach," Colombo says. "At first, you have to earn his respect and you do that by working hard. If you earn his respect, he's a guy who'll go to bat for you and make you a better player. He'll really work with you one-on-one, figure out your deficiencies. He's really smart. He was a major, major component on me coming back. I'll thank him forever for that."

But carry on.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;3918839 said:
Oh let me be clear, I definitely DON'T like it. :laugh2:

I understand taking a second look because of his 40 time, but ridiculous to move a guy that couldn't even start for his team, a guy that was benched, a guy that has never produced from probably the 7th round all the way up to the 3rd based entirely on his timed speed and the way he looks in shorts.

yup he was beaten out by Ryan Hill

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;3919130 said:
If we ended up trading down to 17 with the Pats, the other player who could still be there (unless you have him on your top 8) is Prince.

We would need to hope that a guy like Ryan Kerrigan is taken in the top 17 as well.

I guess assuming that Prince is gone at 16, we would have to consider Carimi or Sherrod . . . .

But I agree with you, I would prefer to stay in the top 14/15 overall.

I think our range is 14 to 19

Gaints at 19 will pick a

then theres a run on them - possible teams needing or wanting a OT

21 KC
22 Indy
23 Eagles
26 Ravens
28 NE
29 Bears
31 Pitts
32 Packer

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3919162 said:
Exactly. If not for those he'd probably still be the S&C coach.

I've sung Woicik's praises many times, but let's not act like the guy who left is a scrub when in fact he wasn't at all.

That is just kind of the mentality around here sometimes when someone leaves. They suddenly become a scrub who didn't know what they were doing and their replacement instantly becomes better and we meant to do it all along.

About a year ago, if anyone suggested Juraszek was a problem, they would been shouted down--probably by the very poster who challenged you on your comment.

Woicik is the best in the business and always has been. But that status doesn't say anything about Juraszek. We definitely improved, but again, it was not a case of getting rid of the trash. We actually got extremely fortunate, but I do not see much evidence we made a conscious decision to get rid of Juraszek for poor performance. It is sort of like cutting Romo for health reasons and picking up Tom Brady.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Alexander;3919359 said:
Woicik is the best in the business and always has been. But that status doesn't say anything about Juraszek.

And there's not a single person in this thread that I've seen say anything negative about Juraszek. Everyone was simply praising Woicik.