News: Seahawks want a 2nd rounder and change for E.T

Rayman70

Reaction score
The same hole that you fix in the offseason without giving away any draft picks?
except its not been fixed in 20 years. ET will be a year older next year and no guarantee he will be available then. Strike now while we can..if reasonable.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The same hole that you fix in the offseason without giving away any draft picks?

There is no guarantee that Thomas will sign here in the offseason. Sure, he wants to play for the Cowboys, but do you really think he would take a low-ball offer compared to what some other team might offer?

We trade for him then we are the only team negotiating with him. He's still going to cost plenty, but no one can outbid you to steal him away.

IceBowler

Reaction score
According to NFL’s Ian Rappaport, the Seahawks are seeking a 2nd rounder “and change” (whatever that means) for Earl Thomas and the Cowboys are offering a 3rd rounder.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-not-expected-to-play-for-seahawks-in-week-1

The good news is that this means that conversations are still happening. This isn’t that far apart. You have to think that this deal is going to get done.

I agree with you. Wanting a 2nd round pick isn't that steep for a CB of Thomas' ability. Lord knows, we've blown a lot more than that searching for one in the past!

C'mon Jerry, GET IT DONE!

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Report a few days ago on NFL.com saying several teams are interested.

You have to mention the Cowboys to get the clicks.
Can't entirely discount the fact he made it known to the entire league he wants to be a Cowboy, every team knows we have a huge need, so they may be thinking "well if Dallas isn't willing to pay-up, something must be wrong"

In reality, our FO is likely just cheap.

T-RO

Reaction score
I'd give a second rounder in a flash.

You don’t sound like a good negotiator. And I’ve heard so many fans so the same thing.

The reality is he’s 29...will cost a bunch of money...and it’s doubtful the ‘Hawks have any other trading partners. A month ago I said the Boys should offer a third and ‘change’. Stand by it.

There’s a big difference in a third and second round pick.

T-RO

Reaction score
Can't entirely discount the fact he made it known to the entire league he wants to be a Cowboy, every team knows we have a huge need, so they may be thinking "well if Dallas isn't willing to pay-up, something must be wrong"

In reality, our FO is likely just cheap.

Hardly.

Rayman70

Reaction score
our safeties are hurt...and a liability in the passing game. Did I mention we have unproven dudes we signed off the waiver wire? We are in big trouble if we role into Carolina with the scrubs at safety.

kumizi

Reaction score
I would not give up a 2nd rounder for one year of ET and I'm usually asking the front office to show more urgency.

I dont think this team is a Super Bowl contender this year and you can just sign him in the offseason. If Tyron Smith goes down in addition to Frederick, you're looking at 7-9 and a higher draft pick real quick.

WeaponX

Reaction score
not just a difference maker, he could be a cornerstone of our defense for the next 5 years or so.

Elite players - ET, Sean Lee, DeMarcus Lawrence.

Potential elite players - LVE, Jaylon, Chidobe, B. Jones

That defense could be shutdown worthy.
If only...man what a beautiful thing to see if that were to come to fruition

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Agree. We have a dire need to fill,and they have needs as well. One of which is RB and receiver/oline. Odds are looking much better suddenly.

They spent a first rounder on a RB and have Chris Carson, who has looked great....I don't think they have a dire need there. They do need OL and receiver, and a 3rd and Terrence Williams would be a good trade. Not sure we will ever give up a second.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Think about this story earlier today about the fact we had 19 mil in cap space, do you think that was floated by the media, Todd Archer no less, by accident?