Sean Lee expects to play in 2019

Paradox

Reaction score
Lee didn't have a feel for the game when he came back because they held him out too long. He's likely going to take a pay cut and play a backup role, even though he's still one of the best out there. What more do fans want? He's a legendary talent with plenty of wisdom to offer our young beasts, from the bench if necessary. Let them pick his brain for another year, then we snatch him up as a coach.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If he comes back let him start at outside linebacker......I don’t see why he can’t play outside smith play the other outside and lve in the middle

In nickel and dime take lee off the field
JSmith is a chase LB..... he is best going sideline to sideline, not taking on the blockers head on

SAM has to take on the brunt of the running game head on and JSmith doesn't need to take that pounding

If SLee can't beat out JSmith at WILL he needs to take a huge paycut and sit

Verdict

Reaction score
They will give him a 3m base with incentives to make 3m more

That will save 4m on the cap and let SLee compete for some snaps

He is owed a chance to compete for a job

No. He's not. That's not conducive to anything except losing.

Verdict

Reaction score
If he comes back let him start at outside linebacker......I don’t see why he can’t play outside smith play the other outside and lve in the middle

In nickel and dime take lee off the field

Maybe because Lee can't play anymore?

Verdict

Reaction score
Lee didn't have a feel for the game when he came back because they held him out too long. He's likely going to take a pay cut and play a backup role, even though he's still one of the best out there. What more do fans want? He's a legendary talent with plenty of wisdom to offer our young beasts, from the bench if necessary. Let them pick his brain for another year, then we snatch him up as a coach.

Where are you getting that he is still one of the best? Did you even watch him play last year? Lee was SURPRISINGLY BAD last year.

Verdict

Reaction score
You know it's funny to me how many think Witten and Lee had the right to essentially call their own retirent shot, and Romo was not affforded the same and they had no problem with that.

No player has the right to decide anything to the detriment of the team. At least that's my view on it. I don't care who the player is.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You know it's funny to me how many think Witten and Lee had the right to essentially call their own retirent shot, and Romo was not affforded the same and they had no problem with that.

No player has the right to decide anything to the detriment of the team. At least that's my view on it. I don't care who the player is.
Romo was due 35m over 2 years if he stayed

Cmac

Reaction score
What about accountability he has spoken of?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The time has come for Lee to retire, regardless of his and his family's wishes to the contrary. His lack of availability and diminishing play renders him a foolish resign. It's high time for a promising young LB to be welcomed into the fold and at the very least, to be available on a steady basis.

Wanting to play without the ability to be dependably available is simply an old story that begs to be corrected. Clearly, Lee's body has broken down to the point whereby it betrays him badly each and every year. Sure, he's a good guy but that's not enough to justify a place on the roster any longer.

Last edited:

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I'd like Lee to stay, either at current salary or a reduced rate, I really don't care. His impact on the young LBs has already been tremendous. I'd like another year of that. He's practically a coach already and I bet he's capable of providing solid play in a backup role.

In no hurry to remove him from the LB room. And no, making him a LB coach isn't the same thing. Coaches are limited by the CBA when it comes to player contact. Players can spend as much time together breaking down film and working on their craft as each party wants.

LittleD

Reaction score
Look, if Lee would be willing to play one more year for 2mil + incentives fine. If he wants anything more,
let him loose to find his worth on the market. We've done that with other players and we just move on to
the next younger and hopefully heathier guy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

1. This guy looks interesting for us. Like Rod, he has little speed, but he's a veteran bowling ball who can play in all 3 phases. Originally drafted by Seattle, and we tend to swap down roster RBs back and forth. Was good enough to start for the Chiefs for a while. Sounds like an upgrade over Rod.
    And we love guys coming off missed years for injury so we can churn comp picks.

Chiefs running back Spencer Ware isn't likely to garner a ton of attention early in free agency. He plays a position that can easily be filled through the draft, he missed the entire 2017 season with a torn PCL, and his stint as the starter following Kareem Hunt's release this past season was short-lived.

However, Ware can provide plenty of value for a team in need of running back help.

At 5'10" and 229 pounds ...​
A review of him when he was drafted by the Seahawks. I like it.
https://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draf...ts-seahawks-select-rb-spencer-ware-in-the-6th

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Look, if Lee would be willing to play one more year for 2mil + incentives fine. If he wants anything more,
let him loose to find his worth on the market. We've done that with other players and we just move on to
the next younger and hopefully heathier guy.

Who is going to be our 3rd LB?

LittleD

Reaction score
Who is going to be our 3rd LB?

They will draft one and most likely sign one if Lee doesn't take a big pay cut. You can't pay top money to a part time
always hurt LB. Lee's best days are way behind him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Please just cut this dude. The whole defense was ineffective when he was on the field against seattle and LA

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hopefully at a reduced rate to commensurate with his actual contributions and play time..I do want to see him one more year, hes not done or washed up like most here are disrespected him and want him buried..

if you feel the LBs we have are so much better how about making a clip of the low lights from the Rams game, the entire D got ran over like a Smartcar at train crossing..SLee can contribute both on and off the field , the lessons are not over and Lee can further help..for the right price..the CBs will be stupid to allow him to play for the 7mil, they have bigger issues money wise with many new contracts and FAs..so knowing the unselfish Lee im sure they will work it out ..