Twitter: Sean Lee: I'm playing in 2020

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Feb 10, 2020.

1. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

11,609 Messages
    12,360 Likes Received
    Draft.

Zordon likes this.
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

19,542 Messages
    34,171 Likes Received
    It's 2020 and fans are still looking for a reason to hang on to Lee and Witten. Meanwhile the rest of the league continues to churn their rosters and lap us. :facepalm:

KDM256 likes this.
  3. Daillest88

Daillest88 Well-Known Member

8,221 Messages
    9,065 Likes Received
    Witten can go. Lee is still above average

4. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

9,237 Messages
    15,828 Likes Received
    Not a word from Mike about wanting him back ( or Witten ). What's does that tell ya.......just me but I'm guessing this coaching staff is confident they can find upgrades for both players.

5. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

13,097 Messages
    19,453 Likes Received
    If LVE's problems linger and Lee is gone, this team will have serious LB's depth issues even if they draft one.

They should re-sign Lee to an agreeable deal. Then look to the draft to further bolster the position.

Runwildboys and maryquality like this.
  6. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

61,416 Messages
    67,721 Likes Received
    We have plenty of needs for those picks already.

DenCWBY, dogberry and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  7. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

17,577 Messages
    12,750 Likes Received
    I’m feeling different, but seeing the usual. Probably need to check myself!

Runwildboys and stasheroo like this.
  8. ksadler1

ksadler1 Well-Known Member

3,371 Messages
    4,461 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be surprised if LVE starts the season on the PUP list. I also won't be surprised if he never plays again, which would be the smart decision for him. Regardless, Dallas either needs to draft a LB, bring in a FA LB, or both. I don't see LVE having a long career, if any, and Lee is just a band aid at this point in his career...

Fastpitch Dad and Hawkeye0202 like this.
  9. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

5,975 Messages
    9,967 Likes Received
    Right now it's about one thing really...what are the positions of need? How many draft spots can reliably be taken to fill those positions of need and be expected to be good in their first season? How many free agents are available and are they an upgrade and what will they ask in comparison?

Depth at Linebacker is a huge position of need right now, but there are a lot of other holes for the team to have to fill. Lee played well when asked to. Is he great? no. He was the backup and did his job when he was called. Witten is a different story. He came in talking about being a backup and not taking snaps from the younger guys and how did that work out?

So with aging Offensive linemen with back issues, serious needs on the D-line, definite need at safety and CB, definitely a backup QB, and probably another TE....where exactly are you going to get all those needs? Sure, if there's a veteran free agent LB better than Lee that is okay with playing as a backup at a reasonable rate, replace him....but there are only so many draft spots and free agency is not a sure thing.

dogberry and Runwildboys like this.
  10. ksadler1

ksadler1 Well-Known Member

3,371 Messages
    4,461 Likes Received
    Can it really be much worse than last year? LB was a weakness for this team. Lee would not be depth, he'd be starting and taking up a roster spot. This will probably take more than a couple years to fix,,,

11. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

61,416 Messages
    67,721 Likes Received
    We all have our moments! Me more often than most probably!
    :laugh:

Runwildboys and Fletch like this.
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

78,843 Messages
    50,905 Likes Received
    Sign Lee to a player/coaching assistant contract.

Start the transition of adding him to the staff.

DenCWBY and Runwildboys like this.
  13. pacy

pacy 82 WITTEN 82

1,444 Messages
    1,718 Likes Received
    It is still their official name.

14. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

8,698 Messages
    12,463 Likes Received
    That's fine as long as it ain't here. We are getting rid of snakes for 2020

KDM256 likes this.
  15. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

8,698 Messages
    12,463 Likes Received
    no thx.

16. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

3,285 Messages
    8,136 Likes Received
    I think it is an awesome and refreshing sign that both Lee and Witten are looking at playing elsewhere.

The message from MM is clear: It is a new day in Dallas. If you want a roster spot, you have to earn it just like everybody else. What you did 10 years ago or last year does not earn you anything with me.

I love Witt and Lee, but I think it is time for new leaders and voices in Dallas. Hate to see em in other uniforms— but I hated watching Emmitt in Arizona red, but got over it.

The only question that matters is “what is best for the team?” I think it’s time for change. Witt and Lee represent the old Garrett philosophy.

17. erod

erod Well-Known Member

30,707 Messages
    44,035 Likes Received
    So the responsible guys who show up on time, put in their film study, and tell it like it is are the snakes?

Meanwhile, Dez required constant babysitting and had to be woken up in person to get him to the facility.

And you side with the latter?

DenCWBY and Runwildboys like this.
  18. erod

erod Well-Known Member

30,707 Messages
    44,035 Likes Received
    Lee was BY FAR our best linebacker last year.

So, here's our situation.

Jaylon looks like an overpaid bust.

Leighton looks like he a couple of hits away from retirement.

Lee is gone elsewhere perhaps.

So...........?

19. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

3,285 Messages
    8,136 Likes Received
    Nolan did good work with the LB corps in NO. I am interested in seeing what he does this year with LVE and Jaylon before saying they are both washed up like you are.

I also think LBer is one of the easiest positions to find in FA and the draft. I don’t think we need to spend a premium pick there— but taking a LBer or two between rounds 4-7 makes a lot of sense

20. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

15,298 Messages
    13,675 Likes Received
    1 year, $2M is the most I would realistically give.

Hennessy_King likes this.