Sean Lee = Opposite of the modern-day ring brats of the NBA

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
100% agree. Loyalty from an NFL Owner/FO is only as good as a player’s last game or jersey sales. Amazes me how many fans see players with 5-10 year careers as “greedy” compared to these billionaire owners who now have “generational wealth” and would sell their soul if it meant more cash.

These owners built the NFL. Your view of them is a very negative view. These are the people that make the world go round. They create the companies that employ the people, that pay their bills.

Try starting your own company one day. See how easy it is.

So people are just rich from old money? That's ignorance.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Players getting what they are owed isn’t “running the show”. No one pays to watch Mark Cuban play basketball. The NBA has destroyed that outdated structure. The NFL should follow suit but they are too stubborn to get their product can be in trouble.

No one comes to the watch the Mavs if there is no team. Cuban provides the venue for the players to showcase their skills. You need both sides, but to discount the owners is just ignorant.

_sturt_

Reaction score
So you studied families and found that the type of parents a child has is little to do with how they turn out in life? On the whole?

I study (present tense) families. And individuals do have the capacity to rise above their upbringing, and do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No one comes to the watch the Mavs if there is no team. Cuban provides the venue for the players to showcase their skills. You need both sides, but to discount the owners is just ignorant.
No one is discounting the venue but yes in the scheme of things if you had no owners the league would still be enjoyed.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Stop replying to me man. You already made a fool out of yourself with the OP. I made my point to your ridiculous one.

That's not how this works.

If you wanna call the internet police, I'm sure they'll be eager to hear you out.... everyone needs a laugh sometimes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I study (present tense) families. And individuals do have the capacity to rise above their upbringing, and do.

Of course they do. But more often than not, it follows suit. Love, attention, discipline, guidance, confidence, nurturing. It takes a very strong person, and the influence of some other positive individual to overcome the absence of these things.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one is discounting the venue but yes in the scheme of things if you had no owners the league would still be enjoyed.

If you say so. I guess they would come to a parking lot and sit there and watch pickup games?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These owners built the NFL. Your view of them is a very negative view. These are the people that make the world go round. They create the companies that employ the people, that pay their bills.

Try starting your own company one day. See how easy it is.

So people are just rich from old money? That's ignorance.
I disagree. Two points: 1. The owners who built this league are almost all dead and gone. Like George Halas and Art Rooney, Lamar Hunt, Etc, etc. Most of those guys sons own the teams now, so yeah, those sons like Stephen Jones are living on Daddy’s money.
2. These owners wouldn’t be able to pay their NFL bills without the players.

I respect the people who own businesses and worked hard to get there. That’s honorable. But not all these owners had to do much to own the teams. And players work every bit as hard. It takes both owners and players to make a pro sports league.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Actually, not at all.

Not a fan of any team that lost any of those NBA players.

Any other ideas?

Like, maybe, I'm one of those weird people who think we should honor integrity whenever we see it exemplified, and should call out those who seem to spit on it.
Nah just sounded like you had some emotional stake in some NBA players decision.

You're a man of principle and I respect that. You would rather see players overcome the challenge than go the easy route. Not quit on their team because they have a better opportunity over the fence where the grass is greener. Am I right?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Not only that, how is Wade on this list? He stayed where he was until he was unwanted, then he went to Chicago who had no chance of winning a ring. .

C'mon.

You're talking letter of law versus spirit of the law.... yes, technically, he was the one who stayed where he was, but only because MIA was the franchise that had the cap space... he was still NOT winning a ring in MIA short of the conspiracy that he and his buds pulled off.

Cop. Out.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Nah just sounded like you had some emotional stake in some NBA players decision.

You're a man of principle and I respect that. You would rather see players overcome the challenge than go the easy route. Not quit on their team because they have a better opportunity over the fence where the grass is greener. Am I right?

tu.gif

Thank you. Yes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I disagree. Two points: 1. The owners who built this league are almost all dead and gone. Like George Halas and Art Rooney, Lamar Hunt, Etc, etc. Most of those guys sons own the teams now, so yeah, those sons like Stephen Jones are living on Daddy’s money.
2. These owners wouldn’t be able to pay their NFL bills without the players.

I respect the people who own businesses and worked hard to get there. That’s honorable. But not all these owners had to do much to own the teams. And players work every bit as hard. It takes both owners and players to make a pro sports league.

That's the benefit of starting something incredible. Of taking the risks and fighting against all odds to see your dreams come true. You and your family for generations get to reap the benefits. This is nothing to be scoffed at. Its the essence of capitalism and America.

Now the drugged out punk owners child that rebels and takes drugs and ruins his life? I have no pity for.

Players work hard as well and they are the best of the best. They deserve to get paid well. But its gotten too crazy in my opinion. All relative I guess. Cant have the employees running the company. Players care about making money and their own pocket. Owners care about that as well, but they care about the welfare of the league and keeping the product moving forward.

Its the people behind the scenes that allow the players to focus on showcasing their talents and getting paid millions of dollars to throw a leather ball through a metal hole.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
100% agree. Loyalty from an NFL Owner/FO is only as good as a player’s last game or jersey sales. Amazes me how many fans see players with 5-10 year careers as “greedy” compared to these billionaire owners who now have “generational wealth” and would sell their soul if it meant more cash.
Funny how there is a salary cap in place for the players and none for the owners. Could you imagine if team profits had a set cap and the owners couldn't collect anymore?

Number1

Reaction score
So pretty much every free agent not solely motivated by money? What else is there?

lots of stuff, family, money, loyalty, revenge, love of the game ... winning

I'm glad Sean will be here - good dude - not sure of the roll

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Funny how there is a salary cap in place for the players and none for the owners. Could you imagine if team profits had a set cap and the owners couldn't collect anymore?

That doesn't even make any sense. Owners own the NBA, not the players. Regardless of whether the NBA would exist with or without them. Players come and go. Teams and owners stay the course and assure the success of the league. Players actually reap the benefits of that as the NBA and or NFL promote the players in marketing and advertising. And they are smart to promote the players.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Now that that's established tell us how you really feel about Witten? I knew there was more to this story.

Hmmmm.... well okay... I was one of those last year who was not a fan of how Witten went out... indeed, it smacked of giving up on the team, as I just never was one of those who considered the MNF franchise to be anything close to what it once was, and so, it just didn't ring true with me that it was this once-in-a-lifetime leap he had to take.

You?

Mr_437

Reaction score
1. Sean Lee had to take a pay cut or he would've been released.

2. Sean is a backup.

3. Cowboys not winning a ring.

4. NBA superstar players aren't comparable to NFL players and Lee isn't even in the conversation.