Sean McVay was pure trash this game

ultron

Reaction score
There are unwritten rules in football when you're down by 4 touchdowns and this kid broke all of them in the last 8 min of this game

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can’t argue. That last 2 minutes was a clinic in stupidity.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
McVay is still a fine coach, just Garrett game our firing harder. i wont credit the whole fighting for his life thing, i wont even credit the team was madder or angeier, they just simply out played the rams with all cylinders, Garrett is capalble of that, just cant sustain. he might this year, lets see before either side goes crowing. but a very good win for Dallas.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The end of the game was gross negligence on behalf of McVay. Goff shouldn't have been in there at the end and there was definitely more than one opportunity for a starter to get injured in garbage time.

Proof

Reaction score
But, but ... I distinctly remember this Board singing his praises and how he was one of the greatest coaches out there ...

ahhh. The ol but, but. The corniest message board trope there is

IceBowler

Reaction score
I hate when fans do this. As soon as Dallas beats a team it goes straight to their poor team or in this case coach.

McVay is an excellent coach. The Rams are an excellent team. They got beat and out coached today but it doesn’t change how good they are. Let’s not forget that the Rams play in a division with two 11-3 teams and they play them for four games of the season.

Garrett won’t be back next year and there is 10 years of evidence to show why this is his last season. What happened out there was a good team with huge potential beat the snot out of one of the better teams in the NFL. It doesn’t take anything away from McVay however.

And this was exactly the point of my sarcastic post - The guy's either a real good coach or he's "Trash" as the OP stated .. he cannot be both. Interestingly enough, I made no declaration one way or another and got told to shut up by some resident asshat on here ... go figure.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Rams are real QB away from being a really good team. Goff looks clueless out there. Thank you LA for signing him to his huge deal. That way Jerry can't become enamored with him.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I thought he was suspect all game. I haven’t been impressed by him all year. They have arguably the most talent in the league and are a game better than us......
They are a couple years ahead on a bad RB contract and it has cost them some online help. Not to mention Goff is never going to be a consistent winner. He plays scared once the rush comes

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Calling timeout with 45 seconds to play had me yelling at the television.

At some point you need to realize when a game is over and protect your players not only for the rest of the season, but for the rest of their careers. It's not like the Rams were going to score 30 points in less than a minute.

Pure stupidity, in my opinion.
add to that the 4th and 10 go for it in 3rd qtr, when he should have kicked a fg. Heck game was over at 31 to 7
I can understand it to a point , but with 8 min left he should have started putting bkups in and let them get some action.
I think he read to much of his own press and started believing it.

He also should have put bortles in early on and replaced gurley with another RB early, then they might have done better.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I thought he was suspect all game. I haven’t been impressed by him all year. They have arguably the most talent in the league and are a game better than us......
So they would be winning our division.

Proximo

Reaction score
All other things aside, that was some straight up amateur hour stuff McVay pulled at the end of that game.

The timeouts, the challenge, keeping starters in and having your WR go over the middle for some pointless 2pt conversion and almost get killed.

Dude should be ashamed of how he handled the last half of the 4th qtr.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Playing his starters in the final 8 minutes of the game and having them play as if it was a 1 or 2 score game.

Risking injuries and Cooks nearly got seriously injured in that meaningless 2 point conversion attempt.

On siding the ball there at the end.

He's looking like a one hit wonder.

He is way better than that. You would take him in a second. Their issue is the offensive line and Goff. Goff needs a completely clean pocket to be good. That game was won by the Dallas OL and DL and Goff being terrible. He missed so many throws.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Shutup, lulz.

We should only be so lucky to have a “one year wonder” that led us to a Super Bowl appearance.

Dumbest fanbase in all of sports.

I agree, and you're right there in the mix. Let's say that the Cowboys had somehow made a SB and lost in - I don't know - 2012. Exactly what difference would that have made? None at all.

McVay had all that love last year and now he's going to miss the playoffs entirely. What does that make him? Just another coach.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Playing his starters in the final 8 minutes of the game and having them play He's looking like a one hit wonder.
He was the same last season but his players hid his faults. And the world knows the Rams had no business being in that Superbowl.

Just another example of how the refs are paid for certain teams to advance. That's how Vegas makes it's picks. Paying the refs. One can't honestly think Vegas is just lucky. :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playing his starters in the final 8 minutes of the game and having them play as if it was a 1 or 2 score game.

Risking injuries and Cooks nearly got seriously injured in that meaningless 2 point conversion attempt.

On siding the ball there at the end.

He's looking like a one hit wonder.
I generally agree but you may have derailed your own thread including your 'one hit wonder' assessment. While I am not saying McVay is necessarily a great coach, his career to-date has the Super Bowl appearance on his resume. Readers will not dismiss that in favor of bashing Mcvay's dumb or seemingly apathetic decision-making.

Comebacks should be ingrained in any coach's or manager's DNA. Sports have seen its fair share of come-back-from-behind victories. However, comebacks all share certain commonalities. Adjusting game strategy that takes advantage of the winning opponent's weakness(es). The winning opponent hitting a wall that is partially or completely their own undoing. Even bad bounces of the ball factor into the equation sometimes.

None of the above was happening in McVay's eyes, so it is reasonable to point out and question why he ignored the clock in his head telling him miracle time was dead. Taking readers beyond that particular discussion attracted the backlash.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I agree, and you're right there in the mix. Let's say that the Cowboys had somehow made a SB and lost in - I don't know - 2012. Exactly what difference would that have made? None at all.

McVay had all that love last year and now he's going to miss the playoffs entirely. What does that make him? Just another coach.

Makes him (McVay) a coach that’s at least taken his team to a Super Bowl.

Garrett in 10 years hasn’t so much been to a conference title game. To act as if they’re effectively the same is laughable.

This is basic arithmetic and comprehension; thanks for being part of the dumbest fanbase in sports.