Sean Payton To Sign With Broncos

bottleKids

Reaction score
Exactly. With the Saints having said they want at least a 1st round draft pick for Sean's rights I am not sure what Denver will give up but at this point (they have the 29th pick in this year's draft but is that enough???), as you stated, they have an overpaid crap QB and no legitimate draft picks for years.

Talk about a bad move for Payton.
Agree with everything you said but if he is getting 8-10 million a year from a really new aggressive ownership team, money talks.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Agree with everything you said but if he is getting 8-10 million a year from a really new aggressive ownership team, money talks.
Last I heard he wanted $20M/year but it will be interesting to see how desperate Denver is after giving up even more of their draft future.

Silverstar

Reaction score
When Denver struggles in 2023, we'll have 1000 posts about a conspiracy that Sean Payton sabbatoged himself in order to get fired.
- Then he'll be available to the Cowboys without draft pick compensation.
giphy.gif

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Never wanted him in Dallas. Stop bringing in retreads. Show some fortitude and imagination and go get someone who also embodies those characteristics. Make it a defensive HC (not Quinn) for bonus points.

kskboys

Reaction score
Wilson will be given one or two years to turn things around. If he doesn't, he'll be let go as soon as is plausible in regards to salary cap manipiulations.

From what I can gather, his 2025 salary becomes guaranteed on the 5th league day of 2024. Since his 2025 salary will be 55.4 mil, I expect him to be cut before that. Cut after 2023, barring a humongous turnaround. Since he'll be 36 in 2024, doubt if he's a Bronco in 24.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Insane amount of picks for a QB and HC

Meanwhile iggles are in the SB with 2 1st round picks.

Broncos sure are competing with the Rams and the NHL Panthers for having no 1st round picks for a few years lol