Sean Payton To Sign With Broncos

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why on Earth would Payton want to sign-on to that dumpster fire? Does he need the money? Does he like to ski?
Maybe a challenge, miss's coaching and low expectations based upon their situation?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
On the other hand, if Payton does turn things around in Denver and actually fixes Wilson I wonder what Jerry's excuse next is going to be? lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I think Sean Payton is overrated. We basically have the same head coach in McCarthy. Checkout McCarthy and Peyton’s coaching record. They both led their teams to one Super Bowl and won one Super Bowl with a Hall of Fame QB. Payton has a 9-8 playoff record and McCarthy has a 10-8 playoff record. Payton quit on the Saints because he got burned out. I would rather have McCarthy than giving up a couple of premium draft picks for Sean Payton.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
IMO Payton was never a real candidate to coach in Dallas. He could pick and choose his team to coach next. He likely has almost complete roster control. Jerry Jones and nepo boy are not going to let any coach have that much power.

visionary

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I think Sean Payton is overrated. We basically have the same head coach in McCarthy. Checkout McCarthy and Peyton’s coaching record. They both led their teams to one Super Bowl and won one Super Bowl with a Hall of Fame QB. Payton has a 9-8 playoff record and McCarthy has a 10-8 playoff record. Payton quit on the Saints because he got burned out. I would rather have McCarthy than giving up a couple of premium draft picks for Sean Payton.
You’d rather have the guy that was burnt out, let go for having a pedestrian offense, and lied than the guy who was being asked to stay but left because he got burnt out?

Makes sense

Flamma

Reaction score
Denver had two 1st round picks in 2023? Where was the 2nd one?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’d rather have the guy that was burnt out, let go for having a pedestrian offense, and lied than the guy who was being asked to stay but left because he got burnt out?

Makes sense
I’m not trading away premium draft picks for any head coach, especially not one who quit because he was burned out. That’s my point! I would take Sean Payton minus the draft compensation over Kellen Moore any day.