Sean Taylor's felony charges have wrecked several lives

TEK2000

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
It is isn't it

Luckily, he doesn't have members of this board on his jury or else he'd be seeing 46 years in jail

The same could be said about you Commanders fans.

I don't get why you guys put up such 2 way arguments... any kind of comment like that can go either way depending on your opinion.

TEK2000

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
To sum up this very enjoyable debate, thanks for keeping it civil tek, I do appreciate that

I am arguing here 2 things

1) The trial hinges on the jury's perception of Hill as a credible witness

2) The state has the burden of proof to prove beyond a resonable doubt Taylor is guilty

We will see what happens

As for me, 12:34 east coast time and my *** has a long day at work tommorow

Peace fellas

Glad we could keep it civil as well.

I can't disagree with your 2 points.

I was about to have to bail myself. Later man.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
It is isn't it

Luckily, he doesn't have members of this board on his jury or else he'd be seeing 46 years in jail
Or you because he'd be walking free even if he is guilty. Believe it or not trials are not won or lost in the newspapers.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
ahh so its guilty until proven innocent for the guys that Taylor assulted, but its innocent until proven guilty for taylor. hypocrite

as you can tell by your next post, i am not. i admit that i believe he waved a gun. i'm just stunned by the lack of attention the 'alleged' thieves are getting. sorry, but if i had my **** stolen, i'd be pretty pissed- i dont own a gun to wave it, but i'd be pissed.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
ahh so its guilty until proven innocent for the guys that Taylor assulted, but its innocent until proven guilty for taylor. hypocrite

sorry for the double quote- i can't seem to edit my posts- gotta adjust my browser settings or some crap...but-

as far as innocent until proven guilty- can you show me one poster who has given taylor the same treatment?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Then again if I were a punk thief who stole some ATVs and the owner pulled a gun in my face, then I probably wouldn't give a damn. I would probably gather up some of my buddies, drive to the guy's house and shoot it to hell. Then a few months later I would steal some more ATVs. Then I would act like a righteous martyr and make a big scene out of something that was my fault to begin with.

amen.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
skinshokie brings up the main point in the case- since there is no evidence other than the witness, is the witness credible? that's what it will come down to. like i said, he probably did wave a gun- but hills credibility will not hold up, barring some unknown fact.

i'd still like to know how the 'alleged' ATV thief got the charges dropped.

MossBurner

Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
So... the Rapist should walk because the girl that got raped happened to be permiscuous?

Point is... you're assessing guilt to HILL and excusing Taylor.

No, I'm playing devil's advocate.

Rape is awful, but NO ONE SHOULD BE CONVICTED WITHOUT PROOF! RAPE, MURDER, SHOPLIFTING!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
The trial hinges on the jury's perception of Hill as a credible witness

What about their perception of Taylor being a piece of trash thug? Anyone (other than a Commander fan) who looks at his history will see a pattern of behavior that shows the guy is unstable and a possible threat.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Hilarious how Skins fans only care about Taylor's case from a legal persective. Yes, criminal cases in this country put the burden of proof on the prosecution and the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard is a very tough standard to meet. So Taylor probably will escape these charges.

But so what? You're conveniently ignoring the bigger picture: That Taylor is a punk thug who hangs out with drug running, assault-weapons brandishing hoodlums -- if he isn't one himself. You don't care about that?

Obviously not.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
So... the Rapist should walk because the girl that got raped happened to be permiscuous?

Point is... you're assessing guilt to HILL and excusing Taylor.

riggo said:
Again... playing Devil's advocate, where is the proof that Hill stole his ATV's?

You are justifying him waving a gun but yet there is no proof that Hill committed the crime...

I would have a BIG problem having a gun waved in my face at any time, ESPECIALLY if I didn't do the crime...

sacase

Reaction score
riggo said:
skinshokie brings up the main point in the case- since there is no evidence other than the witness, is the witness credible? that's what it will come down to. like i said, he probably did wave a gun- but hills credibility will not hold up, barring some unknown fact.

i'd still like to know how the 'alleged' ATV thief got the charges dropped.

How do you know that it is the only evidence against him? Do you have access to all of the information to the case or just the information that has been allowed in the media?

There are discovery issues so no you don't know all the information in the case.

Here is how I see it, if you want to assume that Hill stole the ATV's then you have to assume ST pulled a gun.

Also quit throwing around the 46 years BS, I seriously doubt that they would give him 3 consecutive sentences for his first offense. He would get the minimum. 3 concurrent sentences. I don't mind the florida gun laws to be honest. Why is that an issue. What reason other than self defense does a person have a right to pull a gun on someone. ST instigated the incident and played vigilante, he needs to pay the price. Yes I belive he is guilty from the information that I know. Yes I belive that he tried to get a gun in the club, yes his buddies have all kinds of illegal stuff in the house that he had the ATV's at.

As far as finding out why the charges were dropped on Hill and Williams, why don't you request the court record, that is public record.

I love how you assume that Hill and Williams are guilty of stealing ST's ATV's. Since you are so big on PHYSICAL evidence. Where is it? Do you got finger prints the police don't know about? Pictures? Video? I wanna see it otherwise innocent until proven guilty.

One thing about ST he is a wanna be thug. He went to private school, he lived in the burbs, dad was a police chief. He was NOT ghetto, so no you can't blame his enviroment. I think he is mildly ********. Product of the florida Educational system....

Off topic real fast....remind me of my first impressin of the Women I met in Tampa. They were steady trying to talk to me and sound intelligent and I was sitting there thinking to myself "please shut the **** up, just stand there and look cute."

Sean Taylor = Studio Gangster.

Oh yeah a couple of other things I need to add, yes he will get community service at least. HE has all but admitted to punching the guy so yes he will be convicted of that, and that I belive is a misdmeanor. Yes they guy hill will get money from him. two reasons one he did punch him so that gives him a little cash, two the threats that have been given to him that make him scared for his life, three it will be civil court so you don't need 100% of the jury to get a judgement against him, you only need 51% and that my friends is not hard to do at all. So at the end of the day ST's pockets will be much lighter and he will at the very least get community service.

One thing I do find curious that kinda helps ST is do they have a warrent out for the Jamacian guy who had the M-16? He needs to be on trial too.

MossBurner

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Again... playing Devil's advocate, where is the proof that Hill stole his ATV's?

You are justifying him waving a gun but yet there is no proof that Hill committed the crime...

I would have a BIG problem having a gun waved in my face at any time, ESPECIALLY if I didn't do the crime...

Read the article. Stolen ATVs were found in a truck that Hill was driving.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Read the article. Stolen ATVs were found in a truck that Hill was driving.
One of us DID read the article (hint: It was me)... :D

The Taylor incident was in June of 2005...

The alledged stolen ATV's in Hill's truck were discovered on March 4, 2006...

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/learn_to_read.jpg ;)

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
Alexander said:
You are wasting your time, Chocolate Lab.

Again, you are preaching to the very same imbeciles who derided Michael Irvin, yet out of the other sides of their mouths praise this street hood. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

It doesn't surprise me that Commander fans embrace scum. They have always had no class.

ummm.... ok, and this is coming from someone who loves the team that Micheal Irving played on... you know a crack head who beat up women.

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
trickblue said:
One of us DID read the article (hint: It was me)... :D

The Taylor incident was in June of 2005...

The alledged stolen ATV's in Hill's truck were discovered on March 4, 2006...

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/learn_to_read.jpg ;)

does that matter?!?!?!?! they were stolen. it doesnt matter who they were stolen from... they were still stolen... you learn how to read

TEK2000

Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
ummm.... ok, and this is coming from someone who loves the team that Micheal Irving played on... you know a crack head who beat up women.

Great argument.. you just proved absolutely nothing. If he's convicted, I guess its wrong for you to love the TEAM that Sean Taylor played on...?

Just to enlighten you.. there's a BIG DIFFERENCE between loving the TEAM that someone plays for and loving THE PLAYER. A simply example: Many Cowboy fans despise Terrell Owens but still LOVE THE TEAM that he plays for.

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
Great argument.. you just proved absolutely nothing. If he's convicted, I guess its wrong for you to love the TEAM that Sean Taylor played on...?

Just to enlighten you.. there's a BIG DIFFERENCE between loving the TEAM that someone plays for and loving THE PLAYER. A simply example: Many Cowboy fans despise Terrell Owens but still LOVE THE TEAM that he plays for.

actually ive seen 1 maybe 2 people who have said that they dislike him.

TEK2000

Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
actually ive seen 1 maybe 2 people who have said that they dislike him.

What in the hell does that have to do with anything? If that statement is in response to the Terrell Owens example... MY GOD you need to let this argument go because you are obviously out of points to discuss. You missed the entire point of the post completely.