Second contract for Dak?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry dove in headlong. He set everything up for Dak to be here long term, and now it's going to be restrictive to move on even if he wanted to. He has to restructure his contract next year. That keeps him on the team longer and compels Jerry to sign him even further. That's how it's set up, and that's how committed he is to Dak. Sorry, but Dak is likely to be here at minimum 5 more years. It's either that or Jerry decides to tank the next two years and cut Dak after 2023. Do you think Jerry is ready to do that? I don't.

You might be correct as when it pertains to Jerry anything is possible as 27 years of non-glory verify this.
Another 5 years of inept Prescott expect only Jerry and opposing fans at home games at some point.
Oh well, at least Jerry is providing some good laughs which will be numerous starting next season when Dak's cap hits home!

Brax

Reaction score
You hit on target here. Had 2016 not happened, Dak would not be on this team. I'm sure in some alternate universe there was a Romo/Zeke season. Not sure how that turned out.
You know I think it was more the 2017 season that bothers me, what Dak could have learned if they brought Romo back. Not sure the end is much different in 2016 but that we will never know.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Dak is an inspiration and motivator for this team. I would certainly retain him after this contract is up.

I would release Rowdy and offer Dak his job.
:muttley:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yes another Dak thread. Whether you're a fan of Prescott as our QB or not, he is not going anywhere until his contract ends in 2024. So I got a question, if Dak comes to the end of his contract and we have not at least gotten to the Championship game during that timeframe, would you extend him? He would be 31 entering that season, not too old in today's NFL but he would have lost some of his mobility by that time, it's gonna be an interesting decision when that time comes.

LMAO……. Hell no

nobody

Reaction score
Yes another Dak thread. Whether you're a fan of Prescott as our QB or not, he is not going anywhere until his contract ends in 2024. So I got a question, if Dak comes to the end of his contract and we have not at least gotten to the Championship game during that timeframe, would you extend him? He would be 31 entering that season, not too old in today's NFL but he would have lost some of his mobility by that time, it's gonna be an interesting decision when that time comes.

No. Definitely not. I'm all for drafting a QB between the second and third rounds each year until then and light a fire under Dak. I thought Romo needed it and they didn't do it until it was too late. I think Dak needs it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They kept Romo didn't they?

The Joneses won't bring in any competition for him either, they don't like that for their stars.

You've heard Booger mad at his coaching and "some" players but not the QB, have you?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
They kept Romo didn't they?

The Joneses won't bring in any competition for him either, they don't like that for their stars.

You've heard Booger mad at his coaching and "some" players but not the QB, have you?
Difference is Jerry was 70 when he gave Romo that contract.

He will be 83 by the time Dak’s contract is up

Flamma

Reaction score
You might be correct as when it pertains to Jerry anything is possible as 27 years of non-glory verify this.
Another 5 years of inept Prescott expect only Jerry and opposing fans at home games at some point.
Oh well, at least Jerry is providing some good laughs which will be numerous starting next season when Dak's cap hits home!

You want Dak's cap hit to be 33 million. That would be an indication Jerry is willing to move on. His intention, and the reason he structured the contract the way he did, is to restructure Dak's 2022 cap hit to be 18M. He almost has to do that anyway. That's what will keep Dak here longer. If he doesn't do it, it's a sign Dak is gone after 2023. But don't get your hopes up.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You want Dak's cap hit to be 33 million. That would be an indication Jerry is willing to move on. His intention, and the reason he structured the contract the way he did, is to restructure Dak's 2022 cap hit to be 18M. He almost has to do that anyway. That's what will keep Dak here longer. If he doesn't do it, it's a sign Dak is gone after 2023. But don't get your hopes up.

My hopes should be every reasonable Cowboy fan's hope......
Not going to lose sleep over it as most of us are immune to another dose of Jerry's Kool-Aid.....:p

Hadenough

Reaction score
This really threw a wrench into Jerry's plan to restructure Daks contract in a year to free up some cap space to sign some players. Dallas is screwed with that no trade clause, meaning Dallas has to keep him and won't be able to bring in any FAs.

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
all we can hope for are injuries like Romo and is forced to retire. I hope the exact same scenario plays out for Dak as it did for Romo.

Hadenough

Reaction score
all we can hope for are injuries like Romo and is forced to retire. I hope the exact same scenario plays out for Dak as it did for Romo.
I'm not a fan of Dak the QB but I dont wish injuries on any of these guys.

Steve007

Reaction score
I wouldn't extend him, but Jerry will.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully Dak will do what any player of his caliber and ability would do and RETIRE :muttley:

Steve007

Reaction score
:hammer:....Just did the GM simulator @ Over the cap.....Your not getting rid of Dak....he's got a 72 million cap hit if you cut him....and we are 23 million over the cap. This team is going to have to do some serious restructuring just to get enough money to resign some of our free agents.....The big move I was able to make was cut Cooper to get under the cap.
Yes the Cowboys are stuck with Dak. Dak is a bus driver getting elite money. It's a bad contract that will drag the Cowboys down.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dak will need to play a lot better in crunch time to even finish his current contract.