CFZ Seems like a great year to be “all in”

davey999

Reaction score
No team goes into the draft thinking they can fix all their problems there. It does not work, unless you have multiple 1st round picks, I guess.

Not going to fix DT and WR in this draft.

khiladi

Reaction score
Philly got like 3 calls on one drive. Stop it. SF proved they were better than us and just picked up the best FA on the market adding to the already #1 D. We were clearly the 3rd best team in the NFC last year.
It was 11-4 penalty ratio and SF was basically playing without a QB.

Hurts was basically a walking 3 and out, after the first scripted drive, until that drive that consumed 7 minutes where they were bailed out the Eagles and the refs allowed the 49ers defense to be worn out.

We could have beaten 49ers if our QB didn’t suck.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No team goes into the draft thinking they can fix all their problems there. It does not work, unless you have multiple 1st round picks, I guess.

Not going to fix DT and WR in this draft.
It’s very clear that if you want to improve your team quickly, it takes a combination of a good draft, wise and selective FA signings, perhaps a trade or two and watching the waiver wire. Building a roster that can realistically compete for a championship is not a one size fits all approach.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
It was 11-4 penalty ratio and SF was basically playing without a QB.

Hurts was basically a walking 3 and out, after the first scripted drive, until that drive that consumed 7 minutes where they were bailed out the Eagles and the refs allowed the 49ers defense to be worn out.

We could have beaten 49ers if our QB didn’t suck.
Stop bro. Didn't Philly score are their opening drive?

Swagger

Reaction score
It does make you think where was this front office for an All Pro QB like Romo.

Swagger

Reaction score
Prescott has not played on a bad team during his entire career. He's a JAG

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Going all in only makes sense if you’re on the brink of a championship and are only a player or two away. The Cowboys aren’t on the brink they still can’t get past the divisional round of the playoffs. There’s a big risk going all in. It paid off for the Rams a couple of years ago, but look at them now. You can only keep a great team together for one year. It’s not worth the risk if you’re the Cowboys. They would find a way to screw it up and would be paying the price for years.

kskboys

Reaction score
They’ve been good in the first since Taco…but that can also mean they are due to bust one. Everyone does, especially when it’s late in the round.

Even the GOAT Belichick has had many bad draft picks. It happens. It’s such an inexact science. Wonderful when it pays off, but man it’s like relying on hitting a lottery to pay the bills.
Bellychickens is a great D coach, but a very poor drafter.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It’s very clear that if you want to improve your team quickly, it takes a combination of a good draft, wise and selective FA signings, perhaps a trade or two and watching the waiver wire. Building a roster that can realistically compete for a championship is not a one size fits all approach.
And continuous roster churn.

khiladi

Reaction score
Stop bro. Didn't Philly score are their opening drive?
Didn’t I say first SCRIPTED drive…. Being able to score on the first drive, while then bumming along for multiple drives generally attests to defense adjusting to what the offense is doing..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Neither Jerry nor Stephen have shown inclinations of "going all in" to the point whereby I tend to doubt they ever will. Here's hoping they make a doggone liar out of me, however. If they were to do that this year, I'd eat crow like I never have before! Alas, I just doubt it's in them, though! ;)

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Didn’t I say first SCRIPTED drive…. Being able to score on the first drive, while then bumming along for multiple drives generally attests to defense adjusting to what the offense is doing..
Didn't he put up like 38 on the #1 D? It's like when Dak has a bad drive and everyone says he's sucks. He might be the best QB in the entire NFC and was the MVP runner up but you're trying to tell us he's not that good.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Didn't he put up like 38 on the #1 D? It's like when Dak has a bad drive and everyone says he's sucks. He might be the best QB in the entire NFC and was the MVP runner up but you're trying to tell us he's not that good.
Yea, and throttled a good Bucs D. Didn’t play well against SF but they beat up on some of the best QBs in football this year…several this board claims are better than Dak.

Dak is a really good QB, not elite, but really good. The problem is this FO expects him to play perfect like he did against PHI and SF down the stretch every game which just isn’t feasible. Recipe for failure especially considering NOT going all in since he’s been the QB.

I feel like we’re close and it’s a great opportunity to really push the chips in but I have very little faith in this FO.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
don't be fooled Bob, all of this is just for show. Jerry said never go full ******, or in. It's about the same.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
The NFC was wide open this year…. TB was a joke. SF was led by a rookie QB who just started about 6 games ago. Philly got gifted plant of calls against that SF team down to a 12th string QB. Our QB play is what stopped us and constantly stops us.

LOL, the Horsemen!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It all depends on the HC and QB.

Next year might be a better shot