Seems like it'll be Ceedee, Micah, then Dak to get signed?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
In this order. I feel like Justin Jefferson and Chase are holding this team hostage. As soon as they sign Ceedee will sign quickly. I'm not sure exactly about Micah this year, but why not get it done?? The other contract we've beat to death so we'll see if that happens! Please give your thoughts on this order of signings

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
In this order. I feel like Justin Jefferson and Chase are holding this team hostage. As soon as they sign Ceedee will sign quickly. I'm not sure exactly about Micah this year, but why not get it done?? The other contract we've beat to death so we'll see if that happens! Please give your thoughts on this order of signings
Perhaps their agents are positioning their clients for maximum benefit. As shocking as this might be for you to understand, the NFL world does not revolve around the Dallas Cowboys. If Jerry Jones can’t reach an agreement with CeeDee Lamb it’s because he is a too old man swilling too much scotch to get done what any legitimate NFL GM could easily get done. Jefferson and Chase could not care less about the Cowboys and might be holding the owners of their team hostage, but Jerry Jones is no concern of theirs. Is there anyone you won’t try to blame to avoid calling Jerry Jones what he is? The man is more useless than breasts on a fish.

ICP

Reaction score
I hope they sign CD, trade Micah and let Dak walk unless.someone will pony up for him

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I hope they sign CD, trade Micah and let Dak walk unless.someone will pony up for him
If we extend CeeDee and Dak walks and we don’t find a viable QB, CeeDee will never live up to his contract. Fans will start complaining he’s yet another bad contract. He and Dak have developed some great chemistry and CeeDee’s numbers are bound to drop with a lesser QB. It would be a huge waste of money extending CeeDee and not have a QB that can maximize his skills.

Chasing6

Reaction score
CD is currently scheduled to make just under $18M on his 5th year, why would you want to increase that to $30M?

Jone's have stated the priority order multiple times. Dak, CD, then Micah. They could change their mind at any point, but it makes sense to let both of them play on their 5th year.

Even if we tagged them, the average of the highest 5, will still be less than resetting the market. CD and Micah, both are going to want to reset the market and be the highest paid.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
If we extend CeeDee and Dak walks and we don’t find a viable QB, CeeDee will never live up to his contract. Fans will start complaining he’s yet another bad contract. He and Dak have developed some great chemistry and CeeDee’s numbers are bound to drop with a lesser QB. It would be a huge waste of money extending CeeDee and not have a QB that can maximize his skills.
Couldn't we see it from another perspective? Let's say you pair a rookie QB with such a good / great WR, he could learn and profit alot. Plus it could raise his confidence in trying harder throws and so on...

Yes it would decrease CDs production, but if it's a team game then that's whats needed to raise and educate the new franchise QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Because they think we can find a QB at Buc-ees.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3fzHvTx.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
:hammer: Facts......it makes zero sense to sign CeeDee to a +30M plus deal and pair him with a low-tier or decline QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes he can be, if Jerry will allow it. Dak fans are afraid of competition. As you still will not use his correct name.
If Jerry will allow it. Dak has not taken preseason snaps in several years. What has he not been allowing?