Seems like it'll be Ceedee, Micah, then Dak to get signed?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry will allow it. Dak has not taken preseason snaps in several years. What has he not been allowing?
Real competition. In the past, not really needed. But now is the time it is needed. Especially after the past few years in the playoffs. Where he did not play well at all.
Do you see anything that shows he will do better next time?

rambo2

Reaction score
Real competition. In the past, not really needed. But now is the time it is needed. Especially after the past few years in the playoffs. Where he did not play well at all.
Do you see anything that shows he will do better next time?
League leader in tds. Cowboy record holder for passing yards in a playoff game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Competition for the league leader in tds.
Competition to take us further in he playoffs at this stage. Or at least to give us a look at the future at QB.
I am not saying replace him this season, but they need to address this now going forward. He needs competition as all players do.

Oh, yeah lead the NFL in TD passes. But the year before he lead the NFL in INT's, and missed 5 games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
League leader in tds. Cowboy record holder for passing yards in a playoff game.
What are his stats in the playoffs?

I am not anti Dak. I like him for the most part. But I am also ready to move on and get a young new QB with some potential.

rambo2

Reaction score
What are his stats in the playoffs?

I am not anti Dak. I like him for the most part. But I am also ready to move on and get a young new QB with some potential.
403 yards and 3 tds in his last playoff game. Your young qb with potential will not be a league leader in tds or as good as Dak Prescott.

rambo2

Reaction score
Competition to take us further in he playoffs at this stage. Or at least to give us a look at the future at QB.
I am not saying replace him this season, but they need to address this now going forward. He needs competition as all players do.

Oh, yeah lead the NFL in TD passes. But the year before he lead the NFL in INT's, and missed 5 games.
A healthy Dak will have another outstanding year this season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
403 yards and 3 tds in his last playoff game. Your young qb with potential will not be a league leader in tds or as good as Dak Prescott.
When you are over 20 points down, and need to pass about every play, you will get a lot of yards. How many INT's did he throw, one being a very poor pick 6 pass.
SF the year before...INT's cost as well.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Against the lowest seeded team in the playoffs backups ........ Wow

When their starters were in he threw 2 Int and did nothing else.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we extend CeeDee and Dak walks and we don’t find a viable QB, CeeDee will never live up to his contract. Fans will start complaining he’s yet another bad contract. He and Dak have developed some great chemistry and CeeDee’s numbers are bound to drop with a lesser QB. It would be a huge waste of money extending CeeDee and not have a QB that can maximize his skills.
:muttley: And the Earth is flat and Santa lives at the North Pole!!!!

rambo2

Reaction score
Against the lowest seeded team in the playoffs backups ........ Wow

When their starters were in he threw 2 Int and did nothing else.
He sucks we are doomed. It will be another 25 years before the Cowboys are good. They suck.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A healthy Dak will have another outstanding year this season.
Oh I am sure he will. Especially if the OL comes through and the run games improves.
I am concerned with what happens in the playoffs.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He sucks we are doomed. It will be another 25 years before the Cowboys are good. They suck.
So you have no excuses other than to be sarcastic when faced with the truth.

Glad to see yes men never change.

Jerry must be proud.

rambo2

Reaction score
So you have no excuses other than to be sarcastic when faced with the truth.

Glad to see yes men never change.

Jerry must be proud.
The truth is they have won 37 games over the last 3 years and are still good until proven otherwise. If they win some playoff games this year it will make you loser guys look pretty silly.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
The truth is they have won 37 games over the last 3 years and are still good until proven otherwise. If they win some playoff games this year it will make you loser guys look pretty silly.
There it is

:laugh:

I knew you would use your old "12 games for 3 seasons is better than playoff wins" line.

And you dare to call others "losers"

You must be waiting for AC or Amber to come back you up :muttley:

shabazz

Reaction score
Yes he can be, if Jerry will allow it. Dak fans are afraid of competition. As you still will not use his correct name.
We should ALL want competition at every single position however when QBs are paid 20% of the salary cap the rules change on that

It's hypocritical but it's also the reality. That's why Penix being drafted is completely against the grain for the Falcons.

I wish there would be a true competition at the qb position but I'd like to see better competition other than what we currently have

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
If I were doing it:

I would offer Dak Prescott a fair (money wise) contract for 3-4 years with an open ended trade option for the team. By that I mean he could be traded at any time to any team. Then if he played with confidence and consistency especially in the big games he stays. If not then I trade him. If he refused that offer I let him play out his current contract and try and sign him then if I still want him as my starter.

CeeDee Lamb is the tough one. He is really good...all pro type guy even. But if you have cap money you can get a good WR. The draft usually has a few. If he and his agent are reasonable in what they are asking for I would probably extend him. If not, he would be looking at a franchise tag and more extension talks.

I would tell Micah Parsons to go have a great season and we will talk at year end. It is a year too early to be talking extension. A great season would be him being in the DPOY mix. Also he needs to work on being a team guy and not so mouthy in the media.

Now with Jones and Son doing it:

I expect all three to sign soon. I expect all three to get great deals for them and their agents. I expect the Cowboys to be strapped for cap space for years to come.

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
Would be suprised to see CD signed before dak shocked actually. If dak goes they will trade CD.