Seen this movie before

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thanksgiving games are usually sloppy due to the short week. Just find a way to win the game in any fashion.
Like last year that game was horrible and we pulled away at the end and beat the giants thank God but man that was a extra bottle of wine type game lol

817Gill

Reaction score
Not over, but a longshot at 8% probability. Professional athletes should not think like that, but it is up to the head coach to make sure they don't. The last few games have been all about banking some wins before the return match up against the Eagles. But in order to win the division it was assumed they would lose to Chiefs. Now that it didn't happen I wouldn't be surprised if the intensity level dropped
I see your point for a fan, professionals just do not think like that. Especially when they see the team again in 2 weeks. You don’t worry about other teams enough for it to deflate you until the last 2/3 weeks. It’s just too early for them to be pulling back mentally because of another team.

Plus, the division isn’t the only thing to play for. We are in the thick of the 5th seed race. There’s so much to play for.

Majic

Reaction score
I see your point for a fan, professionals just do not think like that. Especially when they see the team again in 2 weeks. You don’t worry about other teams enough for it to deflate you until the last 2/3 weeks. It’s just too early for them to be pulling back mentally because of another team.

Plus, the division isn’t the only thing to play for. We are in the thick of the 5th seed race. There’s so much to play for.
I disagree. The intensity level of an NFL player, a soccer player, a rugby player etc is not 100% every time they set foot on the field.

817Gill

Reaction score
I disagree. The intensity level of an NFL player, a soccer player, a rugby player etc is not 100% every time they set foot on the field.
Nor is the intensity level affected by another teams game half way through the season. Week 16-18 ok maybe, not now though. Way too early for other team’s games to affect your play.

Nothing you can say will make me feel differently. Good discussion but not really anywhere to go from here.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a hunch (based on past experiences) but following the Eagles victory I can see a very flat performance in the first half against Washington. Whether it will cost us the game I don't know but I will give credit to Mike if this does not happen and the Cowboys play well.
You must have got the alternate ending version, put out by the opponents. And dislikers.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
to be fair he isnt the first poster to bring this up, you literally talk bad about the team even when they win..maybe your bringing some of this on yourself..meh
Whaaaa?

Just now....I JUST told someone that there are 8 billion people on this planet...and that Dak is better at being a QB than 7,999,999,992 of those people.

Has anyone in ur whole life ever told you you were THAT good at anything you've ever done in ur life...ever? Of course not! It's an AMAZING compliment I just paid our QB.

I'll wait for your retraction of the thinly veiled insinuations you just made. Being a man of honor...I know you'll be issuing them shortly.

Thank you.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Whaaaa?

Just now....I JUST told someone that there are 8 billion people on this planet...and that Dak is better at being a QB than 7,999,999,992 of those people.

Has anyone in ur whole life ever told you you were THAT good at anything you've ever done in ur life...ever? Of course not! It's an AMAZING compliment I just paid our QB.

I'll wait for your retraction of the thinly veiled insinuations you just made. Being a man of honor...I know you'll be issuing them shortly.

Thank you.
you do you man, use "I'm shocked" emoji's next time a poster say's your a Eagles fan, maybe it'll be more convincing....wait I know put another Cowboys at the end of your tag, that will prove it...

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
you do you man, use "I'm shocked" emoji's next time a poster say's your a Eagles fan, maybe it'll be more convincing....wait I know put another Cowboys at the end of your tag, that will prove it...
Good suggestion!

The troof is out there.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nor is the intensity level affected by another teams game half way through the season. Week 16-18 ok maybe, not now though. Way too early for other team’s games to affect your play.

Nothing you can say will make me feel differently. Good discussion but not really anywhere to go from here.
:hammer:I'm with you brother if they think that somehow they're all upset over the chiefs loss and it's gonna affect this game it's not... If we lose that's what we'll be said but it won't be true it'll be the three day short week with then playing again in seven days before a 10 day break might be a little bit more to do with the way we play this stretch... I think they still think Jason garrett's coaching this team and I think they don't realize that we have different players different defenders this is a different team.... I don't think this coaching staff is gonna allow our players to feel that way nor do I think they should not yet

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Just a hunch (based on past experiences) but following the Eagles victory I can see a very flat performance in the first half against Washington. Whether it will cost us the game I don't know but I will give credit to Mike if this does not happen and the Cowboys play well.
What does the eagles victory have to do with our performance on Thursday?

817Gill

Reaction score
:hammer:I'm with you brother if they think that somehow they're all upset over the chiefs loss and it's gonna affect this game it's not... If we lose that's what we'll be said but it won't be true it'll be the three day short week with then playing again in seven days before a 10 day break might be a little bit more to do with the way we play this stretch... I think they still think Jason garrett's coaching this team and I think they don't realize that we have different players different defenders this is a different team.... I don't think this coaching staff is gonna allow our players to feel that way nor do I think they should not yet
Feel that brotha!

TheCritic

Reaction score
Us fans can feel deflated but I doubt the team is going to let that happen. They get paid. They're not sitting at home sucking down welfare checks and yelling at the NFL to entertain them.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score

Lol. What the hell is the difference between the 5th and the 7th. You have to play on the road no matter what

817Gill

Reaction score
Lol. What the hell is the difference between the 5th and the 7th. You have to play on the road no matter what
You really ask that lol? The difference is who you play. The 5th seed could be NFC South winner followed by the dome dwelling Lions.

Ten thousand times easier path than getting the 7th and having to play San Fran and Philly back to back.

Super obvious advantages to being a higher seed. That’s kinda the whole point of seeding, the higher you go the more perks you have.

JBS

Reaction score
Since when has another teams week 10 game affected our performance lol? How would you even be able to quantify that?

You have absolutely zero idea what makes them tick. None of us do lol,
Such a dumb thread hahah

LOBO7

Reaction score
But why? Dallas hasn't been a threat to compete for a super bowl in decades, so why should a game against Dallas be THE top game on anyone's schedule?

I would better understand people saying this if they were in the middle of a 20 year run like the Patriots, but the Dallas Cowboys have been nothing for nearly 30 years. I just don't see any other team in the NFL circling a Dallas game on their schedule and saying that THIS is the top game on our schedule. It just isn't happening.
THE networks circle us every week.