Seen this movie before

Majic

Reaction score
You cannot fault the Cowboys effort the last 5 games of which 4 of them they have been heavy favourite in. So surely we can expect the same against Washington in a home game against an inferior opponent?

If I was a GM this is where I would be watching how my team and coaching staff respond to what looks like little chance of winning the division.

Flamma

Reaction score
I can't see this toothless Washington team beating us. Even though Dallas has played like crap for the past decade on Thanksgiving. Why do they keep giving us Washington? Isn't this the 4th time in the last decade?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Just a hunch (based on past experiences) but following the Eagles victory I can see a very flat performance in the first half against Washington. Whether it will cost us the game I don't know but I will give credit to Mike if this does not happen and the Cowboys play well.
Nah it’s going to be another 40+ shellacking. My American friends your going to stuff the Turkey!!

:lmao2:

Kwyn

Reaction score
But why? Dallas hasn't been a threat to compete for a super bowl in decades, so why should a game against Dallas be THE top game on anyone's schedule?

I would better understand people saying this if they were in the middle of a 20 year run like the Patriots, but the Dallas Cowboys have been nothing for nearly 30 years. I just don't see any other team in the NFL circling a Dallas game on their schedule and saying that THIS is the top game on our schedule. It just isn't happening.
If you ask fans of the other three NFC East teams, they’ll tell you.

“Dallas Week” is a real thing in their fandom and in the media and player scrums all week long.

Like it or not, teams and their fans get hyped for Dallas.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Maybe it WILL be their SuperBowl

Our SuperBowl was the SF game . We know how that went (fart noise)

Meanwhile....you know what the Chiefs' and Eagles' SuperBowl is? The actual SuperBowl.
And if it is, I’m sure you’ll be there, rooting on your Eagles.

Proof

Reaction score
But why? Dallas hasn't been a threat to compete for a super bowl in decades, so why should a game against Dallas be THE top game on anyone's schedule?

I would better understand people saying this if they were in the middle of a 20 year run like the Patriots, but the Dallas Cowboys have been nothing for nearly 30 years. I just don't see any other team in the NFL circling a Dallas game on their schedule and saying that THIS is the top game on our schedule. It just isn't happening.
because of the division rivalry. skins hate dallas and want nothing more than to beat them / play spoiler. it's like asking why dallas gets so much airtime despite the drought. teams and fans love kicking them when they're down, and stopping them from getting back up

32BellyOption

Reaction score

Yea I get what you’re saying but it’s because of all the attention the Cowboys get. The fan following, “America’s Team” moniker and the fact we’re on national TV so much. Just the brand in general gets the opposing teams and fan bases excited and fired up to play us.

bigE79

Reaction score
Because that's how the NFL works. Teams gain and lose momentum during the season. The fact the Cowboys are out of the division race (effectively) might well result in a slow start
Don't disagree, but with 7 games left and one of those games are against the eagles,it's too early to say the division is lost..imo

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Yet, you brought up the Eagles in a thread that had nothing to do with them.
Have you read the posts here every day? If that's ur criteria for spy fans...then 75% of the posters here are either Eagle or 9er fans.

I wonder if YOU have ever mentioned either team...in a thread that was about something else?

Praxit

Reaction score
....lol.. that hunch, is your OWN personal hunch.

Nothing to do with outcome of the game. MM is creating new culture at HOME.

Any team that comes to the New Dallas Den. Has to suffer consequences.

Relax, enjoy your Turkey.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I saw a better movie. It was another win going away.
If we do win going away, it may be the last game this season we win going away. The toughest part of our schedule is coming up.

rambo2

Reaction score
Just a hunch (based on past experiences) but following the Eagles victory I can see a very flat performance in the first half against Washington. Whether it will cost us the game I don't know but I will give credit to Mike if this does not happen and the Cowboys play well.
The Washington game on Sunday was an interesting movie.

Darkhound

Reaction score
This will be the Commanders superbowl. But they just don’t have the horses to run with us.

I expect a gritty game, but the Dallas offense at home is a different animal. The Commanders are giving up a ton of pressure on Howell every game— I can see another 7 sack performance from our D with multiple turnovers before it’s over.
This Cowboys have been erratic for 20 years.
A loss would not surprise me

817Gill

Reaction score
Because that's how the NFL works. Teams gain and lose momentum during the season. The fact the Cowboys are out of the division race (effectively) might well result in a slow start
I can guarantee you nobody in that lockerroom thinks the race is over lol. That is not how professional athletes think lmao

Majic

Reaction score
I can guarantee you nobody in that lockerroom thinks the race is over lol. That is not how professional athletes think lmao
Not over, but a longshot at 8% probability. Professional athletes should not think like that, but it is up to the head coach to make sure they don't. The last few games have been all about banking some wins before the return match up against the Eagles. But in order to win the division it was assumed they would lose to Chiefs. Now that it didn't happen I wouldn't be surprised if the intensity level dropped