Seen this movie before

Majic

Reaction score
I followed the Bill Parcells years very closely, listening to all his press conferences. He knew when his team might switch off. He used to hang pieces of cheese on string from the ceiling indicating not to take the opponent lightly, calling them 'trap games'. In my opinion if he was coaching the Cowboys today, he would be very wary going into the the Washington game. Although they are not a great team they are coming off an embarrassing loss. He would also be wary that his own team may not have the same urgency of the past few games as what they are aiming for (the division title) has been taken from them in all probability. Yes they have to win games still to get a wildcard but that is around 98% certain. These situations can lead to a loss of focus. Each game in a season does not have the same intensity.

Yes they are paid professionals, but they have to be 'managed'

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fortunately the defense never comes out flat and will carry the offense if necessary. The next strench of games might be a different story.

CCBoy

Reaction score
We've seen the reruns of this movie for over 25 years. The Cowboys are just show donkeys who never get over the hill and won't.
Figures you don't know how to change the film out for 25 years... :muttley: :popcorn:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
condition response is a real thing. Some of you guys need to step out of that box.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
For whatever reason, that pathetic Washington team that we see struggle every week somehow becomes a juggernaut when we face them on Thanksgiving Day. Being a divisional foe, matters. It's like that team was built to beat us, They somehow possess the skeleton key that opens up all our worst-case scenarios. There will be no cakewalk for the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving. This game is winnable but it will have to be done by playing the best they can; error-free football for 60 minutes, 4 quarters, and then some if required. Overtime is a real possibility.

blueblood70

Reaction score
For whatever reason, that pathetic Washington team that we see struggle every week somehow becomes a juggernaut when we face them on Thanksgiving Day. Being a divisional foe, matters. It's like that team was built to beat us, They somehow possess the skeleton key that opens up all our worst-case scenarios. There will be no cakewalk for the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving. This game is winnable but it will have to be done by playing the best they can; error-free football for 60 minutes, 4 quarters, and then some if required. Overtime is a real possibility.
i agree just like New York is their Achilles heel, they always seem to play us the toughest, i mean they pay us better then Philly does IMO , others play well against certain teams and for Washington seems like this is the one they have circled yearly..

Difference is they weakened their past strengths, that DL,... all the other big changes they made on offense with the OC and sam playing better is an unknown.