Sell me on Guyton

Chasing6

Reaction score
my only concern for him,most can make the change seamlessly to the other side but few guys will struggle.
I will assume he will struggle a bit year one. Tyler Smith we become his best friend. Dak will send RB help his way when needed.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If this is the pick I’d like to have an open mind but having a hard time being okay with this one. 13 starts in 4 years? So for three years he couldn’t beat out two different tackles on his college team but he is supposed be a good pro? Oh, and he has no experience at LT so we have to move him as well? I just don’t get it. If drafted I see a year of Edoga at LT while this guy redshirts. Just seems like a wasted pick to me.
Your not wrong.......this pick has bust written all over it. :banghead:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I will assume he will struggle a bit year one. Tyler Smith we become his best friend. Dak will send RB help his way when needed.
....or Dak could speed up his processing rather than wasting resources on giving himself peace of mind.

cristglo

Reaction score
- Top 20 OT traits with his plus athleticism and length
- Gave up zero sacks last year
- + Grades in advanced pass pro metrics (see below)
- Solid Sr Bow performance
- Good tape against Jared Verse

As long as he’s clean off the field I’ll get on board. He’s not my favorite option as I think a higher graded player will be available but he’s a unanimous top 30ish talent in the class.

Total Pressures Allowed
Joe Alt (12 games) - 5
Patrick Paul (12 games) - 9
Olu Fashanu (12 games) - 10
Christian Jones (13 games) - 11
Tyler Guyton (10 games) - 12
Taliese Fuaga (12 games) - 12
Kingsley Suamataia (11 games) - 13
Javon Foster (13 games) - 13
Jordan Morgan (12 games) - 14
JC Latham (14 games) - 14
Roger Rosengarten (15 games) - 15
Blake Fisher (12 games) - 15
Troy Fautanu (15 games) - 23

Pass Blocking Efficiency Rating
Joe Alt - 99.1
Patrick Paul - 98.9
Christian Jones - 98.8
Roger Rosengarten - 98.7
Olu Fashanu - 98.6
Javon Foster - 98.3
Jordan Morgan - 98.3
Taliese Fuaga - 98.2
Tyler Guyton - 98.2
JC Latham - 98.1
Troy Fautanu - 97.9
Kingsley Suamataia - 97.9
Blake Fisher - 97.4
My only Quip is I think he is a great RT but IMO a Very Raw LT but he has the tools to make it in this league. Im also looking at the fact that at 29 We still got our guy and We got an extra 3rd So I feel that pretty darn good so far.
Good Evual

Brooksey

Reaction score
But this grading is him as a RT. He will have to switch everything to play a position he’s never played.
It's not hard to do if you have the athleticism which he does. He will start at LT from Day 1 and be solid.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
my only concern for him,most can make the change seamlessly to the other side but few guys will struggle.
I’m not Guyton’s biggest fan, but it’s hard to debate the athletic tools. Technique needs a bit of work, needs to be more consistent. But the tools are top notch. I don’t think he‘s going to struggle in pass-pro on the left side. But he’s got to get stronger. That’s where I think you’ll see some growing pains. For a team that desperately needs to run the football, that’s where I thought the interior lineman made sense. But potentia franchise LT’s you take especially when you need one.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m not Guyton’s biggest fan, but it’s hard to debate the athletic tools. Technique needs a bit of work, needs to be more consistent. But the tools are top notch. I don’t think he‘s going to struggle in pass-pro on the left side. But he’s got to get stronger. That’s where I think you’ll see some growing pains. For a team that desperately needs to run the football, that’s where I thought the interior lineman made sense. But potentia franchise LT’s you take especially when you need one.
I agree with this…has the tools to be great just need to add some pop and technique. He’ll likely struggle year 1 but that’s what you get bottom of the 1st.

visionary

Reaction score
There are C available in mid/late rd 2 and even 3
There will no starting LT available

Malhavoc

Reaction score
There are C available in mid/late rd 2 and even 3
There will no starting LT available
We give the front office a ton of grief for good reason. But what I won’t question is the OL they take in round 1. Tyron, Martin, Frederick, and Tyler Smith. All elite All Pro and a couple Hall of Famers.