Senior Bowl Chatter....

AzorAhai

Reaction score

These are the things fans can't know and no matter how much you study the draft you aren't really prepared for it.

But, but, there was a Michigan St. fan calling everyone idiots qhen we questioned this. Something about how many games he had watched or whatnot. Color me shocked that all the rumors for 2 years are actually true.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How dare you not fall in line and worship Wentz!

smoke_texture2714.jpg

RS12

Reaction score
But, but, there was a Michigan St. fan calling everyone idiots qhen we questioned this. Something about how many games he had watched or whatnot. Color me shocked that all the rumors for 2 years are actually true.

Worse than team mates not liking him is a less than 60% completion percentage. No thanks.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Worse than team mates not liking him is a less than 60% completion percentage. No thanks.

Thats a big deal too, but being that widely hated at the QB position can tear apart a locker room. I wouldn't touch the kid period. Thats a position you have to be a leader at. You can't lead people that hate you and your personality. Seems like we have a real life Bo Callahan.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Sources with multiple teams have been extremely critical of Penn State head coach James Franklin and his handling of quarterback Christian Hackeneberg. Just to be clear, none of these sources are with the Houston Texans. They say that Franklin was a terrible coach for Hackenberg. These sources have known Franklin for years and feel he is responsible for a lot of the problems with Hackenberg. Franklin tore down Hackenberg and hurt his confidence. They say that Franklin is a rah-rah type of coach who showed a lot of favoritism toward the players he brought to Penn State over the players he inherited from Bill O'Brien and Joe Paterno. On top of Franklin's poor handling, Hackenberg was sacked 103 times in his 38 collegiate games with the vast majority of those sacks coming in the two seasons with Franklin. The offensive line was pathetic, but teams feel that Franklin set up Hackenberg for some failure because he tried to fit a square peg into a round hole from a scheme perspective. They feel a good coach would have adapted their scheme to Hackenberg and the other pro-style players O'Brien cultivated. They say that Franklin never embraced Hackenbarg as his guy to lead the program.

The sources from these teams already have franchise quarterbacks and were just calling it like they see it. They believe that Hackenberg could get selected on Day 2. Some around the believe still think that Hackenberg could go late in the first round because there are so many teams that are utterly desperate to land a franchise quarterback.
Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/seniorbowl2016rumors.php#MEleRTEbRVpmOO6L.99

Back when Hackenburg declared, he just about thanked everyone with the exception of Franklin and I began to wonder if Hack's failures had more to do with Franklin's handling of him moreso than his play on the field. If these rumors are true and we don't get our QB of the future in the first, would you guys still be opposed to picking him up with out 2nd (assuming he's still there)?

With better coaching and sitting for 2yrs be enough to restore his confidence or is he damaged goods?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Back when Hackenburg declared, he just about thanked everyone with the exception of Franklin and I began to wonder if Hack's failures had more to do with Franklin's handling of him moreso than his play on the field. If these rumors are true and we don't get our QB of the future in the first, would you guys still be opposed to picking him up with out 2nd (assuming he's still there)?

With better coaching and sitting for 2yrs be enough to restore his confidence or is he damaged goods?

Absolutely not. Being sacked is no excuse to look afraid in the pocket. Worse than that, his accuracy was awful with horrible ball placement more often than not. At this point he's a complete project and you don't take project in the top 100 no matter how good his tools are. If he's there in the 4th I would consider it at that point.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Absolutely not. Being sacked is no excuse to look afraid in the pocket. Worse than that, his accuracy was awful with horrible ball placement more often than not. At this point he's a complete project and you don't take project in the top 100 no matter how good his tools are. If he's there in the 4th I would consider it at that point.

Wrong. Circumstances always have to be factored in. Confidence is a delicate commodity that is effected by circumstances.