Senior bowl game thread

Rayman70

Reaction score
What I like about this years TE class is...they have a trait that gets overlooked...THEY CAN CATCH THE BALL. lol....thats the best trait of all. Most years you always hear of the size height weight guys...but then they come in here at the Senior Bowl..or get to a training camp and the dude can't catch the ball! Or run a route to get open. Like Escobar sort of. He had it all except he couldnt catch or get open...So this class IMO, is borderline elite. Gesicki disappointed ...I thought he would dominate today and he was just ok..and he dropped a couple. He looked like a one trick pony.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Compact release is a great thing at any level..I liked the Rhode Island QB too...he might be a diamond in the rough...someone you can stash and develop...I think he and White can play at the next level and be big time.I think the Nebraska kid (LEE)played himself right onto his living room couch. HE STANK IT UP. He has no accuracy play in,play out. I think Allen mad some money and he is in the convo at 1 overall after today. Mayfield dropped some...he is a early day 2 pick. He will slide. Davenport was a beast..its like he flipped a switch and came alive. The Reaves kid from South Alabama(db) had a solid game..he made plays all day long. I see him as a 4th round steal. Dunno bout you...I think I might take another QB in this draft just in case Dak regresses.

That's what I've been saying...draft is loaded...

cowboyec

Reaction score
What I like about this years TE class is...they have a trait that gets overlooked...THEY CAN CATCH THE BALL. lol....thats the best trait of all. Most years you always hear of the size height weight guys...but then they come in here at the Senior Bowl..or get to a training camp and the dude can't catch the ball! Or run a route to get open. Like Escobar sort of. He had it all except he couldnt catch or get open...So this class IMO, is borderline elite. Gesicki disappointed ...I thought he would dominate today and he was just ok..and he dropped a couple. He looked like a one trick pony.
of all the TEs in this class...Fumagali is my man.

tm1119

Reaction score
Harrison Phillips and Justin Jones were both impressive creating havoc inside. Would love to get either 1 as 1 techs with pass rush ability

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dallas has been seen visiting with Philips more than 5 times already. On DC.com they mention him A LOT. He looks like he's hard to block. A ton of power.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dallas has been seen visiting with Philips more than 5 times already. On DC.com they mention him A LOT. He looks like he's hard to block. A ton of power.

I don't see the hype...Looks like a JAG to me. Kind of a Kyle Williams clone....

Carson

Reaction score
I don't see the hype...Looks like a JAG to me. Kind of a Kyle Williams clone....

Tough for me to like or dislike the pick.

He is tough to block, would become a key cog to our front four for years to come.

But I also feel, we can sign a guy at his position and pull our first round pick resources elsewhere

WhizKid

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I thought Michael Gallup did pretty well today. My biggest concern with him was speed due to competition, but I thought he pretty regular got behind the defense. The missed deep throw was more bad pass then dropped pass. Def on his finger tips. He seemed pretty good finding holes in the defense, good getting off man coverage and had a nice burst off the line. He's not as fast as Chark, but what he has, it works. Also, an able and willing blocker in the run game.

Tre'Quan Smith looked good. Showing good deep speed and versatility in routes. There were no game breakdowns of his I could find on YouTube, so he was one I was looking forward to watching.

Chark was every bit of fast as advertised. I think there are still some questions about other facets of his game, but he looks like a bonafide deep threat.

I was disappointed in what I saw from Jaleel Scott. That drop in the beginning was a gimme. With that being said, the North's line seemed to have a tough time blocking and the quarterbacks could not get comfortable in the pocket. So questions still remain with him.
Same with James Washington, I wish he was utilized a little more, but you have to shine when given the chance.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Guys that caught my eye so far....

Marcus Davenport LDE UTSA
Andrew Brown DT UVA
Darius Leonard OLB South Carolina St.
Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio St.
Rashaad Penny RB San Diego St.
Turay Kemoko OLB Rutgers
Mike McCray ILB Michigan
Kalen Ballage RB Arizona St.
Jeremy Reaves DS South Alabama