Serious question for Dak haters

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you want to be right, okay. On the one hand you say he had things to work on, but when people say he has improved that is evidence that they were dead wrong to begin with. Got it.

If folks didn’t try to make the case he was as good as Brady, Brees, and Rodgers so early on I don’t think he would have gotten the same grief. I answered the question of the thread as to what sold me.

This is not a guy with a good a throwing motion. He is even closer than Carr.

I am right. Not about wanting. Its about guys like YOU admitting you were wrong about Dak.

Most young QB's have plenty to work on. QB development 101. These aren't "fatal flaws". Some have fatal flaws, Dak didnt.

Dak had to work on his pocket awareness and movement in the pocket, didnt mean he wasnt going to improve. I knew he would, it was obvious.

Accuracy was over blown. That should be obvious by now.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
dak never asked for 40 million. He was fine with 35 million. Do you have to lie to make a point?

dak is getting paid.......book it.
Oh yeah, How Much is He Getting Paid!

Cowboy hater! lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh yeah, How Much is He Getting Paid!

Cowboy hater! lol

31 million is a bargain as far as I can see it. Give this team a defense and fix the Oline problems and we are a SB contender no problem.

pansophy

Reaction score
I am right. Not about wanting. Its about guys like YOU admitting you were wrong about Dak.

Most young QB's have plenty to work on. QB development 101. These aren't "fatal flaws". Some have fatal flaws, Dak didnt.

Dak had to work on his pocket awareness and movement in the pocket, didnt mean he wasnt going to improve. I knew he would, it was obvious.

Accuracy was over blown. That should be obvious by now.
We can disagree. I don’t think being able to throw the ball accurately is irrelevant for good QB play. Had Dak stayed at the same level of play as his rookie year I don’t think we would be having this conversation.

Recognizing improvement is just being accurate. It doesn’t make previous concerns wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We can disagree. I don’t think being able to throw the ball accurately is irrelevant for good QB play. Had Dak stayed at the same level of play as his rookie year I don’t think we would be having this conversation.

Recognizing improvement is just being accurate. It doesn’t make previous concerns wrong.

More exaggerations and lies to make a point. I never said accuracy was irrelevant. I simply said that accuracy wasn't a huge problem or a fatal flow that you said it was.

Your mistake was thinking that rookies are finished products.

If YOU had given Dak a chance, we probably arent having THIS conversation. Ironically, I could see how good Dak was very early...............despite my "concerns" as you put it.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
31 million is a bargain as far as I can see it. Give this team a defense and fix the Oline problems and we are a SB contender no problem.
Let me rephrase, what is the maximum you would pay him and still hope to improve the defense. If you're not willing to give him 40 million/year for 4 years, you are obviously a hater.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
There are a lot of you. Question - Is there anything he can do to change your mind? Would a SB win do it? League MVP? NFC Championship? 40 TDs? Anything?

Is it the contract? Is it because he is not Mahomes or Wilson?

Dak haters and fans agree that Dak can be inconsistent with accuracy but I think he adds toughness, running ability and leadership.

Serious question so don’t be nasty. What, if anything, could he do to win you over?

What do you define a Dak "hater" as?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Let me rephrase, what is the maximum you would pay him and still hope to improve the defense. If you're not willing to give him 40 million/year for 4 years, you are obviously a hater.

40 million is dumb, but its irrelevant because he doesn't want that.

35 million is going rate. Anything under that is a good deal, anything over that is overpaying. But to answer your question...…….I would go up to 37 million.

Improving the defense is a talent and drafting problem. I would look to overpayment on guys like Lawrence, Zeke, and now Cooper as bigger issues than securing your top 10 QB for the future.

At THAT price for a QB, this team shouldn't need a 15 million dollar RB and now can afford to move on with Cooper with the Lamb pick.

Thats 50 million right there to use on the defense. But realistically you are going to have to pay Gallup probably around 12-15 million to keep him.

shabazz

Reaction score
.....and somewhere in a Browns Message Board, Baker Mayfield is getting praised heaped on him by his loyal fans......not taking into account that the defense he played against was the lowly Bengals.

This is the 2019 Cowboys victory over the Dolphins all over again.....the season and the Dakota rhetoric will be exactly the same.

kskboys

Reaction score
Romo was inconsistent for most his early career and didn't beat any true contenders.
2006:
Dall 21 INDY 14. Indy won the super bowl in 06.
Dall 23 NYG 20. Giants were a playoff team

2007:

DALL 45 NYG 35. Giants won super bowl
DALL 31 NYG 20. See above.
DALL 37 GB 27. GB was 13-3.
DALL 28 WASH 23. Wash was a playoff team.

Curious. Do you say crapp just to say it?

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe it my teenagers but that term which shall be nameless is such a part of our lexicon. I actually think it’s funny. Like I am a Garrett h$&@r and proud of it. I don’t get all twisted if someone uses that word to describe me. Maybe it’s my confidence. Who knows. I think some people are such babies.
And if you'll take a gander at how your thread is turning out, same people, same arguments, same vitriol. It's always the same ones.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There are a lot of you. Question - Is there anything he can do to change your mind? Would a SB win do it? League MVP? NFC Championship? 40 TDs? Anything?

Is it the contract? Is it because he is not Mahomes or Wilson?

Dak haters and fans agree that Dak can be inconsistent with accuracy but I think he adds toughness, running ability and leadership.

Serious question so don’t be nasty. What, if anything, could he do to win you over?

First off, I am not a Dak hater.
The contract is an issue for me. If we are gonna pay a guy basically 2nd highest behind Mahomes, I want the ELITE QB... not an inconsistent guy.
I want Dak to show up each week. I want Dak to play well MOST of the time, especially in pressure situations. There was something about yesterday that never felt like PRESSURE. We were down so much that Dak could just play loose and free. Even at the end, we were down by 9, so it seemed so unlikely we could come back that it seemed like garbage time. Dak could drop back and do whatever, because down 9 we were not winning anyway.

Dak is good, but it seems like his huge games always happen after we fall behind by a mile and go into all out garbage time. Did it not feel like that entire second half yesterday was just a pad the stats type of garbage time game that the Falcons were ok with giving up yards because they were up by so much? We just lucked out in the end with that onside kick, AND Dak did what he needed to do.

I need Dak to be able to play well in a tough game against a good opponent. Next week will be a good measuring stick. I dont want to see no 17-28 175 yard 1 td 1 int game from dak next week.

OR, I dont want to see a game where he is 24-35 with 340 yards and 3 TDS where 200 if his yards come after we have fallen behind by 17.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
40 million is dumb, but its irrelevant because he doesn't want that.

35 million is going rate. Anything under that is a good deal, anything over that is overpaying. But to answer your question...…….I would go up to 37 million.

Improving the defense is a talent and drafting problem. I would look to overpayment on guys like Lawrence, Zeke, and now Cooper as bigger issues than securing your top 10 QB for the future.

At THAT price for a QB, this team shouldn't need a 15 million dollar RB and now can afford to move on with Cooper with the Lamb pick.

Thats 50 million right there to use on the defense. But realistically you are going to have to pay Gallup probably around 12-15 million to keep him.
so you think we over payed Zeke? Did you see the Mixon and Kamara deals? and we overpayed Zeke?