CFZ Several teams may be interested in trading FOR this Cowboy

joseephuss

Reaction score
Seems like a dumb move the Vikings would do, but I doubt they do this time.

sbark

Reaction score
They would sign a Qb like Wentz before trade for CRush

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You have some fans here that are so out of touch, they think we would have won the Super Bowl with him last season had he remained the starter. :laugh: :facepalm: There was a thread on the board claiming that. :rolleyes: Rush is serviceable in the right system but he’s strictly a backup QB..period! No team in the league would think starter with him.
He is a career backup, and a fringe one at that. He doesn’t really have NFL athleticism or an NFL arm.

I actually am not even the biggest fan of Dallas insisting on carrying him as the backup. Just draft a mid-late round kid every few years and try to develop him in the backup roll (what the original intention was with Dak). If you hit, great. You’ve got a new starter or trade piece. If you don’t, no harm. Just churn the roster spot and start over.

Ken

Reaction score
Several starting QBs across the NFL were hurt today to go along with guys guys like Aaron Rodgers and DeShawn Watson who were already hurt. Kurt Cousins may have blown an Achilles and Matt Stafford may be out for a while with his injured thumb. The jets may still be looking for a veteran backup since Zach Wilson has been meh. Sone teams are close enough to competing for a playoff spot and could use a vet QB now.

Some of those teams may be interested in trading for Cooper Rush. If the offer were right I would do it for these reasons:
  • Rush is not really in the future plans here.
  • The Cowboys need to see what they have in Trey Lance anyway.
  • Maybe a team would also part with a player we could use.
IMO the Cowboys would be wise to shop Rush right now while they are hopefully shopping for some other trade options to strengthen this roster. Would you be willing to trade Cooper Rush?
If we could get a 4th for him, absolutely.

Doubt we could though.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Bullet, put Vaughn on the wire too. ;).. We can use him for bait.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have some fans here that are so out of touch, they think we would have won the Super Bowl with him last season had he remained the starter. :laugh: :facepalm: There was a thread on the board claiming that. :rolleyes: Rush is serviceable in the right system but he’s strictly a backup QB..period! No team in the league would think starter with him.
I think most here are missing the point. Teams wouldn’t be acquiring him as a starter. It would be as a stop gap QB for 3-5 games while their starter is hurt.

slick325

Reaction score
Several starting QBs across the NFL were hurt today to go along with guys guys like Aaron Rodgers and DeShawn Watson who were already hurt. Kurt Cousins may have blown an Achilles and Matt Stafford may be out for a while with his injured thumb. The jets may still be looking for a veteran backup since Zach Wilson has been meh. Sone teams are close enough to competing for a playoff spot and could use a vet QB now.

Some of those teams may be interested in trading for Cooper Rush. If the offer were right I would do it for these reasons:
  • Rush is not really in the future plans here.
  • The Cowboys need to see what they have in Trey Lance anyway.
  • Maybe a team would also part with a player we could use.
IMO the Cowboys would be wise to shop Rush right now while they are hopefully shopping for some other trade options to strengthen this roster. Would you be willing to trade Cooper Rush?
Interesting thought, Bullet.

Not sure I do it though.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think most here are missing the point. Teams wouldn’t be acquiring him as a starter. It would be as a stop gap QB for 3-5 games while their starter is hurt.
Teams don’t usually trade for a stopgap QB, especially one who’s a career backup. Rush has only 6 career starts and doesn’t bring much skills to the table. He doesn’t have a great arm and isn’t very mobile. He’s more valuable to the Cowboys than he would be to another team. He’s been with us for several seasons, and knows our system. He helped save our season last year. He could come in very handy again for us if Dak were to go down. We really can’t part with Rush because Trey Lance isn’t ready. I would rather hang onto Rush than receive a 7th round pick.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yesterday's price is not today's price. Just because they didn't want him then doesnt mean they wouldnt want him now.

What it says to me is the Cowboys are better off WITH him than WITHOUT him. I would not be comfortable with just Trey behind Dak. Sorry not sorry.