CFZ Several teams may be interested in trading FOR this Cowboy

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with you. But this FO has given up a 4th round pick for Lance and has said publicly he will be here in 2024. How are they ever going to know what he is? Cooper Rush won’t be here next year.

I don’t have a problem with Rush as the backup or keeping him per se. I do have a problem wasting a 4th round pick for a QB in Lance who never plays. Why did JJ acquire Lance?
They acquired Lance for future role in 2024, not an immediate role for 2023.
That suggests a full offseason, a full training camp and preseason, a devoted long look and evaluation
under our coaches (who that may be in 2024 remains to be seen)

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with you. But this FO has given up a 4th round pick for Lance and has said publicly he will be here in 2024. How are they ever going to know what he is? Cooper Rush won’t be here next year.

I don’t have a problem with Rush as the backup or keeping him per se. I do have a problem wasting a 4th round pick for a QB in Lance who never plays. Why did JJ acquire Lance?
That is what camp is for, unless you get offered a day 2 pick, better to keep him this yr

Adreme

Reaction score
Just about every team thinks they have a better backup than Rush and those that do not are likely calling one of those other teams.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
I’d be more interested in seeing if someone will give a 2 for Lance lol

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We may need Rush to win some games for us. Why chance trading him for a pick that won't help us until next year?
Lance is perfectly fine being the backup and brings upside that Rush don't have.

If someone wants to trade for Rush..... You do it. He isn't good and has no upside

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Lance is perfectly fine being the backup and brings upside that Rush don't have.

If someone wants to trade for Rush..... You do it. He isn't good and has no upside
He sucks so bad in the eyes of the team, they gave him a 2 year deal.

JustChip

Reaction score
What about a Trey Lance trade???

The vikings liked him and Cousins looks like he's done for the season and in Minnesota.....would the Cowboys consider trading Trey Lance for a second round pick..
I would absolutely do that. It would most likely be a top 40 pick. The only thing that give me pause is Dallas’ penchant for wasting 2nd round picks.

McMicah

Reaction score
Welp with Cousins just getting a torn ACL, that team might be desperate. Rush beat them and they like Lance. If they offered a 2nd for either guy I’d take that right now

mcmvp

Reaction score
I don’t think the Cowboys would be very wise to trade him. He’s a better option for a game or two than Lance is…this year (and likely future years). It’s not like they would get much return for him anyway. Cooper Rush is way more valuable to the Cowboys than he is to another team for this season

rambo2

Reaction score
Several starting QBs across the NFL were hurt today to go along with guys guys like Aaron Rodgers and DeShawn Watson who were already hurt. Kurt Cousins may have blown an Achilles and Matt Stafford may be out for a while with his injured thumb. The jets may still be looking for a veteran backup since Zach Wilson has been meh. Sone teams are close enough to competing for a playoff spot and could use a vet QB now.

Some of those teams may be interested in trading for Cooper Rush. If the offer were right I would do it for these reasons:
  • Rush is not really in the future plans here.
  • The Cowboys need to see what they have in Trey Lance anyway.
  • Maybe a team would also part with a player we could use.
IMO the Cowboys would be wise to shop Rush right now while they are hopefully shopping for some other trade options to strengthen this roster. Would you be willing to trade Cooper Rush?
No, they might need him if Dak got hurt.