CFZ Several teams may be interested in trading FOR this Cowboy

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Several starting QBs across the NFL were hurt today to go along with guys guys like Aaron Rodgers and DeShawn Watson who were already hurt. Kurt Cousins may have blown an Achilles and Matt Stafford may be out for a while with his injured thumb. The jets may still be looking for a veteran backup since Zach Wilson has been meh. Sone teams are close enough to competing for a playoff spot and could use a vet QB now.

Some of those teams may be interested in trading for Cooper Rush. If the offer were right I would do it for these reasons:
  • Rush is not really in the future plans here.
  • The Cowboys need to see what they have in Trey Lance anyway.
  • Maybe a team would also part with a player we could use.
IMO the Cowboys would be wise to shop Rush right now while they are hopefully shopping for some other trade options to strengthen this roster. Would you be willing to trade Cooper Rush?

If they want to give us a 2 or 3 or better, maybe it stood. We could use him to get a pick that we need to be able to acquire. Perhaps maybe Surtain or DH?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think the question really comes down to how has Lance looked in practice? If he is capable of coming in for a 1-3 game stretch then yeah I agree completely you shop Rush around. I wouldn’t take a solid backup qb for granted though. You have to be encouraged by Lance so far to even consider this.

Verdict

Reaction score
1. Teams would be more interested in Lance than Rush. I could see a QB needy team giving up and 2nd or 3rd on Lance to fill in for their QB this year and hope that he matured into something more. I would not trade Lance for a 2nd or lower. I would see what his ceiling is.

2. As for Rush, I doubt that anyone would offer a pick for Rush, but I would trade Rush now for any draft pick. You get Ross of Rush’s salary and open a spot for Lance to play and get reps.

3. What team other than the Jets would want Rush? I guess if the Jets thought there was a chance that Rodgers would be back for the playoffs it might make sense to buy an upgrade over what they have now, but is that RUSH?

4. I don’t think Rush has trade value. I hope that I am wrong and we ship Rush off.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
As usual, Cowboys fans and Jerruh Jones overrate their own players. No one wants Rush. He’s a backup and will be cut next year for Lance.

GINeric

Reaction score
Several starting QBs across the NFL were hurt today to go along with guys guys like Aaron Rodgers and DeShawn Watson who were already hurt. Kurt Cousins may have blown an Achilles and Matt Stafford may be out for a while with his injured thumb. The jets may still be looking for a veteran backup since Zach Wilson has been meh. Sone teams are close enough to competing for a playoff spot and could use a vet QB now.

Some of those teams may be interested in trading for Cooper Rush. If the offer were right I would do it for these reasons:
IMO the Cowboys would be wise to shop Rush right now while they are hopefully shopping for some other trade options to strengthen this roster. Would you be willing to trade Cooper Rush?

Rush has the arm strength of a college freshman. If we could pull off a trade for ANYTHING for him, it would be a heist.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Insanity trading away your best QB..... :popcorn:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

You are talking about an out-of the box radical move here.
Our front office doesn’t to that.
This is not the Jimmy trading Walker front office from the good ole days.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As usual, Cowboys fans and Jerruh Jones overrate their own players. No one wants Rush. He’s a backup and will be cut next year for Lance.
I’m not over-rating Rush. He’s not starter quality. Period. What I’m saying is teams who are desperate for a QB to tide them over right now might offer something. Rush’s days here are short if we are to believe Jerry (and I usually don’t) that Trey Lance will be here through 2024.

Look, I GET IT- Cooper Rush isnt that great. That isn’t the point. But he is better than some backups for some teams who just lost their starter and want to stay in the playoff race.

Rush is not going to get much in a draft pick offer. But he might render a player swap that could help us. Like a backup lineman or RB or LB.

Flamma

Reaction score

No. I want to have a chance of winning if Dak is out a few weeks with injury.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Very risky as we have no idea how Lance will perform if Dak would ever go down

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very risky as we have no idea how Lance will perform if Dak would ever go down
I don’t disagree with you. But this FO has given up a 4th round pick for Lance and has said publicly he will be here in 2024. How are they ever going to know what he is? Cooper Rush won’t be here next year.

I don’t have a problem with Rush as the backup or keeping him per se. I do have a problem wasting a 4th round pick for a QB in Lance who never plays. Why did JJ acquire Lance?

quickccc

Reaction score
Why Not?

Rush has been a decent backup. A team desperate to stay in t(e playoff hunt for a veteran QB to fill in until their starter is back would be interested. Rush was 4-1 last year and some teams might be willing to part with something to have his services to stay in a playoff race.
Unless Vikes foolishly offers a 2nd round pick for Rush, I'm declining any offers for a late round pick at a critical position per backup QB, that can decide 1 or 2 games of division title or playoff berth or bye.

Despite his very limited physical tools, we need Cooper's successful game experience and familiarity in a SB run to
be flirting fun day hypothetical trade offers.

GINeric

Reaction score

I'm not a hater. He's a Dallas Cowboy dummy!!! I love the Cowboys and cheer for each and every player that wears the star. He has stepped in and did an admirable job when Dak was injured and I cheered him on just as much as I have cheered our other players.

I actually lobbied for him to keep the starting job if he was able to lead us past the Eagles that year. (And that's on record right here in CZ)

Nice try at baiting me kid. But you look dumb once again for being totally wrong. It isn't the first time.