CFZ Several teams may be interested in trading FOR this Cowboy

kskboys

Reaction score
Fans always overrate their own talent. Cooper Rush is the worst backup QB in the division. Tyrod Taylor, Jacoby Brissett, and Marcus Mariota are all superior players to Cooper Rush.

Rush had a nice little run last year when Dak got hurt, but the league told us what they think of Rush relative to other backups by the contracts they awarded the other players I mentioned, and that's just in our division. When you broaden that across the rest of the league it looks even worse for Rush.
If Rush were cut right now, it's highly debateable that any team would sign him. Cooper is lucky to have a team w/ a GM who is terrible at evaluating talent.

kskboys

Reaction score
Like you, I’m not that impressed with Rush’s ability. But I do think he might have some value NOW for this reason: All the teams who have QBs hurt who didn’t at the beginning of the season might have an interest now because they need someone to give them a few games as a temporary stopgap until the starter is back.
By all means, trade him if someone will give you a 7th.

CoachD

Reaction score
Several starting QBs across the NFL were hurt today to go along with guys guys like Aaron Rodgers and DeShawn Watson who were already hurt. Kurt Cousins may have blown an Achilles and Matt Stafford may be out for a while with his injured thumb. The jets may still be looking for a veteran backup since Zach Wilson has been meh. Sone teams are close enough to competing for a playoff spot and could use a vet QB now.

Some of those teams may be interested in trading for Cooper Rush. If the offer were right I would do it for these reasons:
  • Rush is not really in the future plans here.
  • The Cowboys need to see what they have in Trey Lance anyway.
  • Maybe a team would also part with a player we could use.
IMO the Cowboys would be wise to shop Rush right now while they are hopefully shopping for some other trade options to strengthen this roster. Would you be willing to trade Cooper Rush?
Rush tested the free agent market in the off season and guess what nobody wanted him.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Several starting QBs across the NFL were hurt today to go along with guys guys like Aaron Rodgers and DeShawn Watson who were already hurt. Kurt Cousins may have blown an Achilles and Matt Stafford may be out for a while with his injured thumb. The jets may still be looking for a veteran backup since Zach Wilson has been meh. Sone teams are close enough to competing for a playoff spot and could use a vet QB now.

Some of those teams may be interested in trading for Cooper Rush. If the offer were right I would do it for these reasons:
  • Rush is not really in the future plans here.
  • The Cowboys need to see what they have in Trey Lance anyway.
  • Maybe a team would also part with a player we could use.
IMO the Cowboys would be wise to shop Rush right now while they are hopefully shopping for some other trade options to strengthen this roster. Would you be willing to trade Cooper Rush?
BobbyHaze, I thought you had a little more on the ball, but this post has me thinking you may have hit your head on the ceiling on the Cowboy's first TD score. Trading Rush at any point during the season is insane, we've already witnessed that this team would be up a creek without a paddle if it didn't have the number of offensive linemen it current carries and the same could be said about a quality backup QB in the event that Prescot suddenly went down. Rush is our only viable option to step in at this point and time and please don't give a 5 paragraph post on how or why Lance would be a better option than Rush because there is no way on GOD'S green earth that he could lead this team anywhere close to a playoff berth in the event Prescot was lost for any amount of time.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Makes sense, but Rush is QB2 for a reason. In a way it's more likely I'd trade Rush in the offseason based off Lance development.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
There'd be no market for him. He'd only have value to contenders who want insurance for their injured QB, but at this point in the season, anyone with an injured QB isn't a contender. Rush would have a lot more value if the trade deadline was a month later (which it should be).

He's worth a lot more to Dallas as insurance than the late-round pick you'd get for him anyway.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I have to laugh. This is the same guy some want to replace Dak?? But has 0 interests from other teams?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was an unrestricted free agent after last season where he went 4-1. He tested the market, the only team to bite was Dallas and signed him to a two-year deal.
You said it was proven after he was released all I’m saying is he wasn’t released and we don’t know what his market was. Maybe teams wanted him but not for the price he asked….

pansophy

Reaction score
You have some fans here that are so out of touch, they think we would have won the Super Bowl with him last season had he remained the starter. :laugh: :facepalm: There was a thread on the board claiming that. :rolleyes: Rush is serviceable in the right system but he’s strictly a backup QB..period! No team in the league would think starter with him.
Stop making sense. There is no place for that here.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He sucks so bad in the eyes of the team, they gave him a 2 year deal.
Yep, teams wanted him so bad, Dallas cut him and not a single team signed him.

How do you feel about Daks contract or anybody else the team signed...... You think by Dallas signing a player means they are really great players?

Haha ok

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
My trade proposal (trying to make it realistic):

-Minnesota gets Cooper Rush and a 7th round pick from Dallas

-Dallas gets guard Ezra Cleveland and a 5th round pick from Minnesota

Cleveland could be an option at LG, move Tyler Smith to left tackle since Tyron Smith and Chuma Edoga are made out of glass.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You said it was proven after he was released all I’m saying is he wasn’t released and we don’t know what his market was. Maybe teams wanted him but not for the price he asked….
Semantics, release/UFA both meant other teams had a chance to sign him. There may have been interest but I don’t recall another team in the mix or even showing interest.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
4 wins as a starter when we needed them last year says you are wrong.
It wasn't because of Rush that's for sure.....or is win records a QB stat now

What happened when Rush faced a really good team like Philly..... How many picks that game out terrible throws he made in the prior games but teams dropped the pick?

You Rush supporters are insane. He is an ok backup but nothing special. If some team happened to ask for a trade, you take it without hesitation

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep, teams wanted him so bad, Dallas cut him and not a single team signed him.

How do you feel about Daks contract or anybody else the team signed...... You think by Dallas signing a player means they are really great players?

Haha ok
Rush wasn’t cut you guys are thinking of 2 two years ago.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Rush wasn’t cut you guys are thinking of 2 two years ago.
Does it matter? Some of you act like Rush is a great QB..... He isn't. He is just another guy that can be replaced with a free agent. Not a single professional team would rely on him to be a starter and win you games.

As a backup, on a team with a great defense and really good players on offense, he can drive the bus..... That's it. A dime a dozen

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I like Cooper as a 2 or 3 game Band-Aid, but by the end of 5 games last year, you could see his arm was going away already.
Bring on the cheese :flagwave: