Twitter: SFY: Dak is not top 5 | Context by Acho Orlovsky

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Prescott is playing incredibly efficient football right now. A Top 5 level no doubt.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you want to know how long it’s been since your favorite team has been relevant…watch the fan base fight over stats and rankings and media opinions of perceptions of the team’s QB. When your team is really good, stats become way less important because ultimately it’s the wins that matter not the stat yards, and numbers, etc.

When the great Cowboys teams of the past- like the 70s and 90s teams that won SBs were playing, stats were just not as important to fans- because we were winning. When you’re not used to winning, stats become overrated. Sometimes stats and past glory is all you can brag about.

All we should care about IMO- is the Ws. Only stat that really matters.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I was just thinking that what these message board needed was another let’s find fault with Dak.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Yeah. The one mark in an otherwise brilliant game. He has to know where he is and that he can’t hold onto that long there.

It wasn’t a bad play because we scored, but on the tip-toe TD to Wilson, Lamb was wide open in the middle of the field. Dak didn’t see him until it was way too late. It should have been an easy TD.

But considering we scored on the play, it’s really a nitpick.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I’ll give props where they’re due. The fact these media giants can consistently turn such a contrived topic like this one into a “heated” debate in Week 3 is impressive.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's not watching the opponent put up 40 and having to throw 50 times to try to keep up. Amazing how much better a QB looks when he's not trying to drag trash to victories.

What's hilarious to me is how so many of his detractors still haven't figured out the difference. Dak hasn't changed. The performance of the rest of the team has changed.

Let's hope it continues.

I’ve never judged Dak just based on his 4 games last year. I’ve taken everything into account.

His week 1 performance against a caliber opponent like that was not usual Dak.

He’s playing a different brand of football than in years past and it has nothing to do with the defense or anyone around him besides maybe Kellen Moore.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s funny how people see things in a completely different light.

After watching his great play these last few games, I noticed how low his TD count was on a high powered offense. This also ruins his QBR and stats that rely on it.

What came to my mind was Troy Aikman, the ultimate team player, and how great he was that he deferred so many of his TDs to Emmitt and the Offensive Line, because not many QBs were blessed to have that type of 2-edged attack.

I will take a 13-4 season and Dak not having crazy fantasy football stats if it wins us a Super Bowl.

Anyone would.

shabazz

Reaction score
I have to say I'm getting tired of these ratings and rankings.

Only one thing matters: Can you win with Dak as your QB?

The answer is clearly yes.

True.....1 playoff win and 2 losses in 6 seasons.

Crystal clear.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
There is nothing to hate on. Dak’s playing great.

He’s not playing empty calorie football and waiting for others to elevate him. He’s playing great. Is what it is.
Awww man…

I’m getting a little teary seeing you post something positive about Dak.

{{Fist bump}}

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Dak was leading in all these stats, he'd say Dallas isn't undefeated and should be 1-2 with a gift from the Chargers.

Same poo, different spin.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It wasn’t a bad play because we scored, but on the tip-toe TD to Wilson, Lamb was wide open in the middle of the field. Dak didn’t see him until it was way too late. It should have been an easy TD.

But considering we scored on the play, it’s really a nitpick.
actually watch the replay, CD was covered. that was the right throw. he had to just buy some time and wait for one of the WRs to get open and it was Wilson

USArmyVet

Reaction score
3 games in and the Dak fan club desperately lifting him into the HoF already. How about waiting to see how the rest of the regular season goes and what if anything can be done in the playoffs.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If you watch the replay, he was about to throw it to Lamb but Lamb stumbles. Dak pulls it back and by the time Lamb gets up, it was too late.
It looks like it was supposed to be a quick throw to Lamb and had Lamb not stumble, it would have gotten us the first down.

doesn't matter. gotta git rid of it in the end zone. punting is better than gifting them 6.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Im not going to bash a guy for finally saying Dak is really good.

that is the problem with this board. if you criticize, a group will call you a hater regardless of whether you have a valid basis for criticism.

if you give the same guy credit later, you get jumped by the same group.

they don't try to be objective. only care that you said something about "their" guy.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
3 games in and the Dak fan club desperately lifting him into the HoF already. How about waiting to see how the rest of the regular season goes and what if anything can be done in the playoffs.

Just stop already......
3 games we've seen Parson fan clubs, Diggs fan clubs, Osa fan clubs, Pollard fan clubs, hell even Zeke, and to some extent Jalon, yet as usual you're singling out Dak. I wonder why.........honestly, I don't doubt your passion for the Cowboys but it's your signature negative posts in every Dak thread or even non-Dak threads is why you get so much crap from other posters. It's become an obsession ..........

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
that is the problem with this board. if you criticize, a group will call you a hater regardless of whether you have a valid basis for criticism.

if you give the same guy credit later, you get jumped by the same group.

they don't try to be objective. only care that you said something about "their" guy.
There is a difference between hating a guy and giving criticism of a player. I have been wrong before and have admitted it, i also understand that players improve/get worst and our thoughts on a player should as well.....i also include coaches in that

We are Cowboys fans, well most of us, so we shouldn't be enemies and shouldn't bash a guy when folks change their opinion

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Speaking for myself & millions of other Dallas Cowboys fans. WE COULD CARE LESS what Acho Orlovsky & other media heads who use America's Team to get clicks have to say. Touche' :rolleyes:

Jarntt

Reaction score
"Update through Week 3

NFL Passing TD Leaders
12. Dak 6 (wk.2 - 14th / 3)

NFL Passer Rating Leaders
8. Dak 110.1 (wk.2 - 15th / 99.1)

NFL Pass TD Percentage Leaders
13. Dak 5.4 (wk.2 - 22nd / 3.5)

Keep Hating!!!"

So, I'm confused. I'm a big Dak fan, but you are posting average stats as a way to try and "shut up" the Dak haters?
Note: I personally think Dak is playing really well this year but the particular stats you posted are barely above league wide middle of the pack YTD