Twitter: Shannon Sharpe: “Ceedee has been a WR far too long to make blunders likes these”

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well. You want to know the reason?

Because it breaks down the whole "dak cant throw with anticipation" argument.

So they want him to throw with anticipation, however he is also supposed to run the route correctly for his WR.
Um....its not that cut and dry. Its not only one or only the other. You are forcing thst logic just to have an argument? Silliness.
It can be both. The qb has to make split decisions in fractions of a second. Sometimes it's "throwing him open"....sometimes spotting a coverage problem. Other times just trusting the receiver to get the dam ball.
It can also be a combination. Which i think might be the case here.
But wed rather draw a hard line and devise false premises so we can argue.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We were averaging 17 ppg when Rush was our qb with an anemic offense. I’m sure you would like to see Rush at qb for reasons that have nothing to do with football Mountaineer
We went 4-1 when Cooper Rush was the QB.

What do you care more about? Winning or passing yards (Rush still has more of those too this season also, btw)?

I'm just going to ignore your immature last little point there this time. That kinda stuff is what get's you ignored by me if it continues anymore.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
At some point your credibility as a poster is shot when you are trying to argue against what basically all former players who’ve seen this play have said.

So the few posters who refuse to acknowledge who’s fault this was (one even said he wouldn’t acknowledge it until Ceedee said it himself lmao) know more than all the people who have explained this? There’s some national conspiracy to blame Ceedee lol?

Don’t know what’s so hard about saying Ceedee should’ve ran the correct route and moving on. Instead the same 4-6 posters fight their A off to put it on Dak.

Genuinely think there should be a separate forum for people who dislike Dak to the extent of oblivion.
CeeDee should've ran the correct route. If he did it would have still be an INT because the safety broke before Dak even finished his windup due to Dak staring at CeeDee the whole time.

Happy?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We went 4-1 when Cooper Rush was the QB.

What do you care more about? Winning or passing yards (Rush still has more of those too this season also, btw)?

I'm just going to ignore your immature last little point there this time. That kinda stuff is what get's you ignored by me if it continues anymore.

You’re a hypocrite. When Dak wins, you bring up the lack of TDs and yards compared to the other top paid QBs (you did this with lions game). Now magically with rush it’s “all I care about is wins” Don’t trip over your own feet buddy. I see through your bs

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At some point your credibility as a poster is shot when you are trying to argue against what basically all former players who’ve seen this play have said.

So the few posters who refuse to acknowledge who’s fault this was (one even said he wouldn’t acknowledge it until Ceedee said it himself lmao) know more than all the people who have explained this? There’s some national conspiracy to blame Ceedee lol?

Don’t know what’s so hard about saying Ceedee should’ve ran the correct route and moving on. Instead the same 4-6 posters fight their A off to put it on Dak.

Genuinely think there should be a separate forum for people who dislike Dak to the extent of oblivion.
Let me ask ya.....does a receiver ever break the route based on coverage? Maybe thats what happened? Just not on the same page with it?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I would venture to say it takes some players more time than others to adjust to the mental aspects of pro football. Perhaps that's what CeeDee is dealing with at this juncture. He's still relatively young and certainly has room to improve. The coaches share a responsibility to see to it that they do so.

Hopefully, he'll see fit to pay more attention to the ins and outs of the playbook and listen to the coaches more. Maybe it'd behoove both himself and the rest of the team to deal with that need more attentively. It's no secret that correcting mental mistakes is, supposedly, a priority for the entire team.
The (similar) play between Dak and CeeDee has been intercepted on 3 occasions in two games.
CeeDee played well apart from those plays.
Why do we keep dialling up plays that Dak and CeeDee just can't sync on.
Remove the play (or change receivers if KM is too stubborn to not remove it)....AND GO BACK TO RUNNING THE BALL.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You’re a hypocrite. When Dak wins, you bring up the lack of TDs and yards compared to the other top paid QBs (you did this with lions game). Now magically with rush it’s “all I care about is wins” Don’t trip over your own feet buddy. I see through your bs
If you want to continue these debates with me then just leave the BS agenda out of it.

You didn't answer my question.

What do you care about more? Winning or stats?

khiladi

Reaction score
the pick happened at the 42 yard line. Are you delusional that you’re going to lie when we have the video right there to see?? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes, and the INT was BEFORE the 40 yard line, meaning the safety broke on the ball and caught it where you claim CeeDee would have caught it. So how could breaking resolve the issue of the fact the safety was already there where you claim Lamb would have easily caught it? How did the safety position himself where the ball ended up? Was he looking at the break of Lamb or was it simply a cake walk for the safety to make a play?

817Gill

Reaction score
Let me ask ya.....does a receiver ever break the route based on coverage? Maybe thats what happened? Just not on the same page with it?
It’s an option route so both QB and WR have to be on the same page. Ceedee read it different than Dak which happens but it’s still on him.

At this point this should be eliminated from the playbook. 2 picks on 2 games off the same concept. You call what your team does well and throw out what they don’t.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you want to continue these debates with me then just leave the BS agenda out of it.

You didn't answer my question.

What do you care about more? Winning or stats?

Nah it’s not a bs agenda cuz I deal with your types all the time. Like I said I see through the bs. Anyone but Dak with you, even to the point of you being illogical. I’m not answering your leading straw man question. I want wins without an offense so inept that it depend on my defense playing otherworldly good for us to get wins.

khiladi

Reaction score
We were averaging 17 ppg when Rush was our qb with an anemic offense. I’m sure you would like to see Rush at qb for reasons that have nothing to do with football Mountaineer

Well, that’s because we tended to get out to leads and then play conservative. That was the formula. They aren’t trying to make Rush look like the stat king when you by 14.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, and the INT was BEFORE the 40 yard line, meaning the safety broke on the ball and caught it where you claim CeeDee would have caught it. So how could breaking resolve the issue of the fact the safety was already there where you claim Lamb would have easily caught it? How did the safety position himself where the ball ended up? Was he looking at the break of Lamb or was it simply a cake walk for the safety to make a play?

Again another lie. The safety comes running up from the 37 yard line and blows past lamb to intercept at the 42. If Lamb BREAKS BEFORE THE 40 YARD LINE LIKE I SAID he would have gotten to the spot long before the safety and secured the pass.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well get Dak glasses then as he couldn't anticipate the defender clearly seen in the middle pf the field?
You obviously dont understand anticipation in a football sense. Troy Aikman used to throw the ball without even looking to Irvin. KNOWING he would be there. So when Dak throws the ball to where CD is SUPPOSED TO BE. Its not anticipation. Its a mistake. You guys really dont understand football at all. Shannon Sharpe. Who NEVER defends anything Dallas is telling you plain as day that CD ***** up. But you know more than him. My bad.

817Gill

Reaction score
CeeDee should've ran the correct route. If he did it would have still be an INT because the safety broke before Dak even finished his windup due to Dak staring at CeeDee the whole time.

Happy?
I mean the only certainty is Ceedee ran the wrong route. Trying to predict what would’ve happened after is complete imagination. Can’t have a debate on a prediction brotha.

I can just as easily say Ceedee would’ve beat the safety to the ball, made him whiff, and housed it. Happy?

Probably not lol but if we agree that Ceedee messed up the route I’m not gonna trip on what you think would’ve happened next. It’s just speculation at that point so no one is right or wrong.

shabazz

Reaction score
WOW. The notorious Dak hater Shannon Sharpe can’t believe the way Lamb is hanging Dak out to dry. Who would have thought we would see the day? Lol

It’s funny that he never said this while Cooper Rush was throwing too him…..what’s changed? Hmmmmm

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, that’s because we tended to get out to leads and then play conservative. That was the formula. They aren’t trying to make Rush look like the stat king when you by 14.

That formula would get us blown the hell out in the last 2 games. Teams have figured out Quinn doesn’t know how to defend the run. If rush was qbing now, we would still be getting gashed by the run and we wouldn’t have an offense that could pass our way back into the game. Stop it

phildadon86

Reaction score
Um....its not that cut and dry. Its not only one or only the other. You are forcing thst logic just to have an argument? Silliness.
It can be both. The qb has to make split decisions in fractions of a second. Sometimes it's "throwing him open"....sometimes spotting a coverage problem. Other times just trusting the receiver to get the dam ball.
It can also be a combination. Which i think might be the case here.
But wed rather draw a hard line and devise false premises so we can argue.
Not a hard line at all. Dak anticipated that CD would be where he was supposed to. He wasnt. It happens. Its not a knock on either player. I have seen Adams, Chase, and other top WRs bail on a route before the QB throws the ball or even while its in the air not thinking its coming to them. Its football. Like you said fractions of seconds determine the outcome of any said play.

There are posters here that say continuously. "Dak cant do this, Dak cant do that" Then he does it. And they rag him for it. I am not drawing a hard line at all. I am simply picking up what they are putting down.

khiladi

Reaction score
And BTW, a option route is dictated by the NEAREST defender, in this case the LB. Settling in a zone can be an option route. Lamb couldn’t flatten his route more, because of the LB, but he still ran a post route. It’s the LINEBACKER that disrupts the route and Dak has been exposed ever since Denver to even those on the fence in this regards.

Further, the option route is supposed to be thrown BEFORE the WR makes his break and that didn’t happen.

Dak just chucked it without giving due weight to the fact this wasn’t offensive reps and actual defenders were on the field. The defense knew exactly what Dak was doing.

“Let’s just throw it on my first read and even then, late, every time” Dak.. Dak throws its well after the break on this simple slant.

WavyPolishedCrocodileskink-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score

Can somebody explain HOW does the LB who has disguised coverage know not only to drop back, but positioned himself closer inside and Dak be oblivious to it? Can somebody point out at what yardage point can Lamb possibly flatten his route across the safety’s face?

the packers knew the play and Dak didn’t recognize the coverage and threw into it anyway

they baited Dakota and he fell for it hook, line and sinker

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Nah it’s not a bs agenda cuz I deal with your types all the time. Like I said I see through the bs. Anyone but Dak with you, even to the point of you being illogical. I’m not answering your leading straw man question. I want wins without an offense so inept that it depend on my defense playing otherworldly good for us to get wins.
It is anyone with Dak with me, because he sucks, it's year 7, he's regressing, and we're wasting time with him.

You think that if you don't think Dak is great then it has to do with things other than his lack of talent and skill as a QB.

As if Dak is the amazing player that everyone should just fawn over and be thankful that he's our QB. As if you're seeing something that others just can't see in him. Paaaaaaalease.