Twitter: Shannon Sharpe: “Ceedee has been a WR far too long to make blunders likes these”

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I must admit, it’s probably my biggest mistake on this forum ever. Ball was still delivered late after the break.

that’s what happens when the hate flows through you that deeply lol. And yes it was delivered late because every qb does that at times

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Another ex player saying this. Yet we have guys here who probably have never played a down of football in their lives talking about how its on Dak. This is also a guy who is not a Dak fan. At all.
They all suck. No, wait, we do have 6 wins. So let me rephrase that: They're all mediocre. And it's more or less been like that since the late 90s.

And that's the problem. Ironically they're not bad enough to invoke real change. So who cares if that was Dak's fault or the fault of his receivers? Miscommunication happens. How they dealt with it is the real tragedy here. Why can't Dak just stand up and say "doesn't matter who's fault it is, it's my responsibility." and be a true leader?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a hard line at all. Dak anticipated that CD would be where he was supposed to. He wasnt. It happens. Its not a knock on either player. I have seen Adams, Chase, and other top WRs bail on a route before the QB throws the ball or even while its in the air not thinking its coming to them. Its football. Like you said fractions of seconds determine the outcome of any said play.

There are posters here that say continuously. "Dak cant do this, Dak cant do that" Then he does it. And they rag him for it. I am not drawing a hard line at all. I am simply picking up what they are putting down.
I dont think anyone said he has to throw with anticipation every single time.

Thats what you are accusing with a very broad stroke.

And....just because ceedes failed in this case..doesnt necessarily prove dak IS proficient with anticipation. Not saying he is or isnt.

Im saying you are making a strawman...just to divide and argue.
All good...just what it SEEMS from here. Dak is certainly divisive subject.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That formula would get us blown the hell out in the last 2 games. Teams have figured out Quinn doesn’t know how to defend the run. If rush was qbing now, we would still be getting gashed by the run and we wouldn’t have an offense that could pass our way back into the game. Stop it
His hatred for Dak blinds him.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I dont think anyone said he has to throw with anticipation every single time.

Thats what you are accusing with a very broad stroke.

And....just because ceedes failed in this case..doesnt necessarily prove dak IS proficient with anticipation. Not saying he is or isnt.

Im saying you are making a strawman...just to divide and argue.
All good...just what it SEEMS from here. Dak is certainly divisive subject.
Any QB that plays for the Cowboys is a divisive subject.

And no. I am speaking to the people who as you say accusing with a broad stroke. The ones who say "He cant throw with anticipation" or "he cant throw for 300 yards" or "he cant do this" Which is the goal posts that are constantly moved since he took over as QB1.

Do I like Dak? Yes. Do I think he needs to play better? ABSOLUTELY. However I am not going to blame the guy for something that isnt in his control. The throw he put into the turf in the first quarter. 100 percent bad throw and horrible to see. Holding the ball too long on that 3rd down? HORRIBLE. No awareness.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Because it's a quickly timed play where CeeDee is the main target and would have worked if CeeDee ran a better route. Receivers have the option to make slight changes in their routes as long as they get to the targeted area. That's where proper repetitions in practice come in. The receiver has to see what the QB sees pre-snap and during the initial first seconds once the ball is snapped. Regardless, rule #1 for any receiver is to always make sure to run in front of any mid-deep Safety or DB during any mid-deep pass play.
Dak wasn't even ready to throw the pass until CeeDee was much deeper than 8-10 yards. If CeeDee cuts that where he would be open Dak wouldn't have been ready with the pass though.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I have no hard feelings.

I give people a chance and I don't mind the back-and-forth debates as sports fan.

This went beyond that and that's not cool and it has no place here as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. When it gets personal that negates all the points they were trying to make.

Way to not take the bait. :thumbup:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
LOL..

Kurt Warner already said CeeDee Lamb “trusted” his WRs. This we already know. What Kurt Warner said, which nobody addresses is that Dak had NO BUSINESS throwing that ball.

Sharpe started his point with a fundamental axiom that he assumed is true. Dak could not have been dumb enough to actually throw that ball, unless it was a miscommunication. Well Shannon, we dispute you on this point, because he is dumb enough.

LOL, love the Horsemen.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If CeeDee does what people say he should've done that ball is still INT'd.

The safety was breaking before Dak finished his windup because he was staring down CeeDee the whole time.

If Cee Dee cut in front of the safety, he'd be required to run through the WR to get to the ball. You are now making stuff up to fit your narrative.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak wasn't even ready to throw the pass until CeeDee was much deeper than 8-10 yards. If CeeDee cuts that where he would be open Dak wouldn't have been ready with the pass though.

What are you talking about? There was absolutely no hesitation on Dak's part. He dropped 5 steps, then zipped that ball mid-deep down the middle on a rope. CeeDee had time to cut at the 5-6 step mark, get inside and in between the LBs, thus enabling him to catch that pass in front of the Safety. CeeDee could have cut that route 1-2 steps shorter and ran a mid-deep slant. Would have been perfect timing, perfect position, perfect catch and possibly still been running for a TD. Instead, he saw the triangular traffic inside, so he got scared. He literally got scared! He decided to hesitantly round off that route and hope Dak would see him trying to run behind the Safety. Only problem is this was a 5 step drop timing pattern play where the ball was coming out quickly. It would never have worked on the deep route CeeDee decided to run simply because he was scared to run inside in between traffic, thus resulted in an interception.

This is not street football we're talking about. This is professional football where many routes are on a timed basis.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
We were averaging 17 ppg when Rush was our qb with an anemic offense. I’m sure you would like to see Rush at qb for reasons that have nothing to do with football Mountaineer
This is twice I've seen you post this false information.They scored 17 once with Rush as QB, and never less. They averaged 21.4. You're trying to apply the 3 points the team scored with Dak to Rush.