Video: Shannon Sharpe puts up another high-octane dismissal of Dak

Yobwocs

Reaction score

There's a 2nd discussion on Dak, but it's not up yet.

He claims Dak played the weakling Giants, and that 12 out of 25 of his completions had receivers with 2 yards of separation.

Michael Vick comes to his defense and says Dak will be a Top 5 QB this year. That he picked up where he left off last year, and that if he could do it once (in 2016), he could do it again.

I'm convinced Shannon Sharpe is a member of this board. Who is he on here? He says some of the same things the relentless Dak doubters here say.

stiletto

Reaction score
He's paid to counter Skipless....I doubt he really feels the way he talks a lot of times. Makes the show what it is when they argue and bicker. Sometimes they agree but a lot of times I think he's just blocking Skips homerism especially when it comes to the Cowboys. He loves doing it.

Sydla

Reaction score

He claims Dak played the weakling Giants, and that 12 out of 25 of his completions had receivers with 2 yards of separation.

Michael Vick comes to his defense and says Dak will be a Top 5 QB this year. That he picked up where he left off last year, and that if he could do it once (in 2016), he could do it again.

I'm convinced Shannon Sharpe is a member of this board. Who is he on here? He says some of the same things the relentless Dak doubters here say.

It's kind of a stupid rant. He's a big Wentz guy but one of Wentz's "strengths" is the fact he has a really good offensive coach who schemes guys open. I mean look at the TDs Wentz threw yesterday.............. shoot, those two bombs to Jackson? He had separation.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It's bad tv if he just agreed with skip on the cowboys. You'll get some good nuggets of information on these shows, but it's about ratings, not always their true opinions.

remdak

Reaction score
Guys like him know what they are doing. If he had just said "Dak had a good game. I was impressed" it would not have received any attention. But, he says what he says and it gets linked and pasted everywhere, including this forum.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Some seem to forget or ignore the fact that great players do not succeed in a vacuum. Few Hall of Famers got there without having good players, coaches, etc., around them. Sharpe of all people should understand that you don't do it alone.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well, he does have a point.

The Giants secondary had a bunch of rookies, they had no pass rush, and their inept DC was exposing their rookies by sending pressure from the get go and they were selling on the run. Cooper and Gallup were behind the secondary all day long and most of the looks were Dak throwing as his first read.

I think the Giants also have a 35 year old safety..

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Not exactly sure what he is getting at here. He still has to throw them the ball. First they say he isn't accurate enough. Then when he shows improvement it becomes well the receivers were open. Great. That means everyone did their job. I don't see a problem here.

Even more, yesterday for all receivers with a minimum of three targets (throughout the NFL) the average separation was more than 2 yards.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

Last edited:

aikemirv

Reaction score
You know what the QB is supposed to do when WR's get seperation - hit them!

Dak did a great job of that and he hit the tight ones too!

I mean there were 3 legitimate drops too!

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
It's kind of a stupid rant. He's a big Wentz guy but one of Wentz's "strengths" is the fact he has a really good offensive coach who schemes guys open. I mean look at the TDs Wentz threw yesterday.............. shoot, those two bombs to Jackson? He had separation.
Like 3 feet plus separation. And before that he wasn't doing anything.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
There is a reason players do not listen to the media. Not sure, but I think Parcells even told the players to not listen. All that negativity/positivity can go to a player's head in a bad way.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well, he does have a point.

The Giants secondary had a bunch of rookies, they had no pass rush, and their inept DC was exposing their rookies by sending pressure from the get go and they were selling on the run. Cooper and Gallup were behind the secondary all day long and most of the looks were Dak throwing as his first read.

I think the Giants also have a 35 year old safety..

And Dak had a perfect rating. So like all good QBs, he ripped apart a bad secondary.

What was he supposed to do yesterday to get credit? Throw for 400 yards, 4 TDs, a perfect QB rating and then solve the Iran crisis and find a cure for cancer as well during the game?

Reaction score
not a listener at all but hungry for NFL/Cowboys talk this time of year, i put on the SXM broadcast of their show. It is pretty obvious they are not doing a serious discussion, it's a gimmick bit to foster opposing points of view. These type are opinion shows, full of bias and nothing more.

Not to mention that I struggled to understand wth Sharpe was even saying, head scratcher this guy now makes a living as a sport commentator.