Video: Shannon Sharpe puts up another high-octane dismissal of Dak

Scotman

Reaction score
Part of the increased separation is due to Dak getting the ball out faster and with more decisiveness yesterday.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He mentioned the one to Gallup, meaning even Aikman was referencing his past issues which were obvioiw. I said that was actually his best pass, because it was the post route from the left after Dak looked right.

It doesn’t mean he was doing it all day. Dak also exemplified his past tendencies, that Aikman was also pointing out during the first few drives.

Like I said, it’s too small a sample size. It was, IMO, the best game Dak has ever played though in a Cowboys uniform.

It has been an issue of Dak’s. It’s also one he has progressively been improving on since early last season. It’s also a problem that many many QB’s have their first few years in the league.

khiladi

Reaction score
This isn't accurate. He went through his progressions yesterday and made throws to 2nd and 3rd WRs. Aikman pointed this out during the game a few times. One example was the big pass to Gallup. Aikman showed how Dak was initially looking to his right and then came back and found Gallup coming in from the left for a big play.

We need to stop with these tired narratives about Dak. And as some will note, I am far from a Dak fan. But credit where credit is due.

How many times do I need to post about it?

The throw to Gallup was the FIRST time he mentioned it, specifically. I said during the game that was actually just best throw, but to say he was going through his reads a significant portion of the game is hyperbole.

The Cowboys ran play action over 40% which is not only abnormally high for the Cowboys, it’s abnormally high across the whole league. Jarwin’s TD was a because they major bite by the LB on play- action. The passes to Cooper and Gallup on the slants that has the WRs ribbons behind the secondary were all because it play action and the secondaries selling out on the run.

Aikman was also pointing out how Dak kept throwing the ball behind his WRs pretty much a large portion of the game as well. The pass to Cooper over the middle, he mentioned Dak underthrew it and if he led him, it would have been an easy TD.

Moore was running a lot of pre-snap formation and the rookie secondaries, besides the fact their DC kept putting them islands against Cooper and Gallup were constantly making mistakes.

does that mean I’m denying Dak didn’t run the offense well? No I said it was his best game I think he ever played in a Cowboys uniform but Lamar Jackson and other backups that came into games yesterday threw the ball all over the field.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Patience everyone PATIENCE...... By Week 6 we will know if this was a new real McCoy Dak-Attack or because the Giants are headed once again for a top 5 pick.
The season does not end after every Giant game unfortunately for Dak and for us............. :(

khiladi

Reaction score
With this logic, EVERY QB should have a 158.3 against them. As Aikman said, the difference in this game was Dak looked supremely confident and decisive in his decision making whereas in past years, he would NOT take advantage of this stuff. But, I need to realize that I'm replying to a post from a member of the Dak Haters Club, so none of what I said will even register.

:facepalm:

You clearly haven’t been following what I’ve been saying about yesterday’s performance.

MaaS

Reaction score
He's paid to counter Skipless....I doubt he really feels the way he talks a lot of times. Makes the show what it is when they argue and bicker. Sometimes they agree but a lot of times I think he's just blocking Skips homerism especially when it comes to the Cowboys. He loves doing it.

And it's needed. Skip is not objective on Dallas lol

JonesBoys

Reaction score
These shows are like watching wrestling. Completely fake and scripted.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

There's a 2nd discussion on Dak, but it's not up yet.

He claims Dak played the weakling Giants, and that 12 out of 25 of his completions had receivers with 2 yards of separation.

Michael Vick comes to his defense and says Dak will be a Top 5 QB this year. That he picked up where he left off last year, and that if he could do it once (in 2016), he could do it again.

I'm convinced Shannon Sharpe is a member of this board. Who is he on here? He says some of the same things the relentless Dak doubters here say.

Why do we worry or even respond to his or Screaming A’s comments. They are click-bate haters and people keep feeding on there biased opinions.

Here is the Hall of Fame WR Chris Carter talking about Dak and Kellen’s performance yesterday....

DFWJC

Reaction score
Two teams expected to have close to or the very worst pass defenses in the league this year are the Dolphins and the Giants
Lamar Jackson vs the Dolphins: 5 TDs , 0 Ints, 324 yards.....and left the game after just 3 quarters
Dak Prescott vs the Giants: 4 TDs, 0 Ints, 405 yards

Great performances against truly putrid opponents.

Beats the alternative
I'll take it.
:flagwave:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Part of the increased separation is due to Dak getting the ball out faster and with more decisiveness yesterday.

That was the biggest improvement in Dak yesterday to me. If he can do that consistently, it will go along way.

It's just one game though, for now, so it doesn't mean a whole lot.

I don't think Lamar Jackson is going to go off for 50 TDs this year, just like I didn't think Trubisky would last year after his 6 TD game.

I don't know why it's difficult for people (not you) to just take a step back and look more big picture so they don't knee jerk response to every good/bad game, or even pass.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BUT BUT BUT Skiiiiiiieeeep! He has an excuse for everything. Poor Dak has to deal with talking heads like the meat head known as Shannon Sharpe and his ilk. He throws on a pair of eyeglasses and we suppose to believe HE knows wth he is talking about. HES DUMB. Sorry...hes just controlled opposition lol. Skip eats him for lunch.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
First take with Stephen Smith , the girl and the other guy were spewing the same thing that the Giants were horrible on defense to discredit Dak, only Damian Woody was defending him and said now you all will be praising the Ravens Jackson and he was facing an extremely bad team in the dolphins.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shannon Sharpe puts up another high-octane dismissal of Dak
tenor.gif

Scotman

Reaction score
That was the biggest improvement in Dak yesterday to me. If he can do that consistently, it will go along way.

It's just one game though, for now, so it doesn't mean a whole lot.

I don't think Lamar Jackson is going to go off for 50 TDs this year, just like I didn't think Trubisky would last year after his 6 TD game.

I don't know why it's difficult for people (not you) to just take a step back and look more big picture so they don't knee jerk response to every good/bad game, or even pass.
Hey...don't exclude me...I'm a giant homer. :)

I was truly on the fence about Dak most of last year. Warmed up as we went. If we want to be a Superbowl champion team, that's the Dak we need to see consistently. I think he can. I guess I'm not on the fence anymore...but I can still see it from where I'm standing. LOL Same with Kellen. GREAT game. I want to see another great game plan next week. A game plan aimed at a different team that's just as effective.

I've been watching this team since I was born. I grew up in an era that it was unheard of to think we weren't going to the playoffs. I grew up in a time when we had won about 20% of all the Superbowls. So, I may be fans of these guys, but I want another ring. Period.

Rayman70

Reaction score
First take with Stephen Smith , the girl and the other guy were spewing the same thing that the Giants were horrible on defense to discredit Dak, only Damian Woody was defending him and said now you all will be praising the Ravens Jackson and he was facing an extremely bad team in the dolphins.
Woody spoke 1000% fact. The Dallas hatred is sickening throughout the media in general. Its because of the Jones family, fair or not. Dak is a good young man. Even if he never gets us a SB..I am proud of him. Do ya'll realize what that man has overcome to be where he is? Its widely ignored by the haters. His momma died of cancer, he put a college team on his back for 5 years with very little talent around him...and played .500 ball or better. In my opinion, hes a generational QB...yup...I said it. Look at the work he has put in and how he deals with adversity. Reminds me of Warren Moon quite a bit. Dak eats this nonsense up and spits it out...he knows the garbage being said. It drives him. He has overachieved his entire life. This is no different. Dude is a scrappy fighter that is capable of great things in the right system. We saw this yesterday. For better or worse,Moore has taken the cuffs of him. Dak can now be Dak. Sky is the limit...and I want Stephen A Smith and Sharpe to personally apologize to him when he hoists the Lombardy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two teams expected to have close to or the very worst pass defenses in the league this year are the Dolphins and the Giants
Lamar Jackson vs the Dolphins: 5 TDs , 0 Ints, 324 yards.....and left the game after just 3 quarters
Dak Prescott vs the Giants: 4 TDs, 0 Ints, 405 yards

Great performances against truly putrid opponents.

Beats the alternative
I'll take it.
:flagwave:

Dak and Lamar did what they we're suppose to do.....destroy 2 very weak defenses!

superonyx

Reaction score
What upsets me is Shannon Sharpe is naturally entertaining he could be over at cbs or fox sports heck even on Monday night football he’s actually hilarious and has an awesome personality he shouldn’t be doing gigs like this for views
I agree. I like the guy. Even though his job is to be anti cowboys I do get a kick out of him.