Video: Shannon Sharpe puts up another high-octane dismissal of Dak

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Well, he does have a point.

The Giants secondary had a bunch of rookies, they had no pass rush, and their inept DC was exposing their rookies by sending pressure from the get go and they were selling on the run. Cooper and Gallup were behind the secondary all day long and most of the looks were Dak throwing as his first read.

I think the Giants also have a 35 year old safety..

Gnats needs better scouts for drafting. Why are they getting paid.

romonumberone

Reaction score
Dak did what he had to do. He did what he was supposed to do. I don't think anyone on this board thought he would play bad yesterday. I thought he played very well. The O line was amazing in pass protection. Let's just see how it all plays out. I don't care what happens in the regular season. I am spoiled from the 90's and want SB's.

The Giants are a joke on Defense. If Dak goes on the road against good defenses and good teams and puts up those same numbers..... than I will admit I was wrong. I still would like him to put up those numbers even if he did not have studs at every position surrounding him. I guess my concern & question is, "Why did the team start so poorly last year and start 3-5.... why did it take Amari Cooper to make Dak good? Does than mean Laurent Robinson was a good WR because he had Romo?

Even if I am wrong and say okay I thought Dak was the 20th best QB.... and the truth is he is the 10th best QB out there.... I still do not want the Cowboys to pay him $40,000,000 per season.

I think on the message board there is shades of truth and varying degrees of truth. No one on this board has ever said Dak is better than Tom Brady..... and no one really has said that he is the worst QB either. In some ways everyone is right. If he can improve, if his confidence keeps going up, and the team has no injuries than whether he is good or not..... he will look good and appear to be good, and as long as the Cowboys keep winning.... than who really cares?

texbumthelife

Reaction score

There's a 2nd discussion on Dak, but it's not up yet.

He claims Dak played the weakling Giants, and that 12 out of 25 of his completions had receivers with 2 yards of separation.

Michael Vick comes to his defense and says Dak will be a Top 5 QB this year. That he picked up where he left off last year, and that if he could do it once (in 2016), he could do it again.

I'm convinced Shannon Sharpe is a member of this board. Who is he on here? He says some of the same things the relentless Dak doubters here say.

I mean, he's not wrong based on what you quoted. I'm just not sure you can take away from Dak for those things. He still made the throws.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak did what he had to do. He did what he was supposed to do. I don't think anyone on this board thought he would play bad yesterday. I thought he played very well. The O line was amazing in pass protection. Let's just see how it all plays out. I don't care what happens in the regular season. I am spoiled from the 90's and want SB's.

The Giants are a joke on Defense. If Dak goes on the road against good defenses and good teams and puts up those same numbers..... than I will admit I was wrong. I still would like him to put up those numbers even if he did not have studs at every position surrounding him. I guess my concern & question is, "Why did the team start so poorly last year and start 3-5.... why did it take Amari Cooper to make Dak good? Does than mean Laurent Robinson was a good WR because he had Romo?

Even if I am wrong and say okay I thought Dak was the 20th best QB.... and the truth is he is the 10th best QB out there.... I still do not want the Cowboys to pay him $40,000,000 per season.

I think on the message board there is shades of truth and varying degrees of truth. No one on this board has ever said Dak is better than Tom Brady..... and no one really has said that he is the worst QB either. In some ways everyone is right. If he can improve, if his confidence keeps going up, and the team has no injuries than whether he is good or not..... he will look good and appear to be good, and as long as the Cowboys keep winning.... than who really cares?

You make some good points. But, You expect any QB to put up those kind of numbers on the road, against good defenses?

Good defenses don’t allow QB’s to destroy them like that. That’s what makes them good defenses.

Honestly, expecting any QB to regularly put up these kinds of numbers is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I love Shannon Sharpe for entertainment purposes, but I guarantee that if ol' walk it to em' Wentz had that game he'd be all over it.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

There's a 2nd discussion on Dak, but it's not up yet.

He claims Dak played the weakling Giants, and that 12 out of 25 of his completions had receivers with 2 yards of separation.

Michael Vick comes to his defense and says Dak will be a Top 5 QB this year. That he picked up where he left off last year, and that if he could do it once (in 2016), he could do it again.

I'm convinced Shannon Sharpe is a member of this board. Who is he on here? He says some of the same things the relentless Dak doubters here say.

Risen Star. Thats who broke the news on the Zeke contract too. Coincidence?

ESisback

Reaction score
I call him Horse Face. Bill Cowher jaw, Joker lips, Mr.Ed teeth, and a suit jacket two sizes too small so folks can see how buff he is. Half of his Dallas hating claptrap is a character he plays to counter Skip’s corny homer act. Dallas debates get rating$. The other half? Despite his fame and fortune, he’s still bitter about being second rate compared to the attention Cowboy stars got during his playing days. At least he’s a BALANCED jerk!

ESisback

Reaction score
Not exactly sure what he is getting at here. He still has to throw them the ball. First they say he isn't accurate enough. Then when he shows improvement it becomes well the receivers were open. Great. That means everyone did their job. I don't see a problem here.

Even more, yesterday for all receivers with a minimum of three targets (throughout the NFL) the average separation was more than 2 yards.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

Dallas without problems is a boring $how...

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak and Lamar did what they we're suppose to do.....destroy 2 very weak defenses!

Basically nailed it.

Derek Carr had an excellent game for the Raiders last night.

It's pretty much all about the O-Line.

Raiders have a better O-Line than last season and suddenly Carr looked excellent.

Our O-Line looked fantastic against the Giants and Prescott was excellent.

It's not hating to state that there remain concerns about Prescott when the O-Line struggles/does not play lights out as we have seen many examples of this in the past.

Hence why some of us are reserving judgement to see if Prescott has hopefully learnt from previous issues and can now execute in horrible, tough moments, as he will need to for us to win the Superbowl which is what we all want.

shabazz

Reaction score
And Dak had a perfect rating. So like all good QBs, he ripped apart a bad secondary.

What was he supposed to do yesterday to get credit? Throw for 400 yards, 4 TDs, a perfect QB rating and then solve the Iran crisis and find a cure for cancer as well during the game?

Crisis in Iran? We sent them 1.7 Billion Dollars Cash. Those Mullahs really need some better financial advice if its already gone
Funny-Arabs-Compilation-March-Arab-Funniest-Moments-Try-Not-To-Laugh.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, I said “A large portion of the game”, not ENTIRE game. Aikman did it for at least over a QUARTER of the game which is over 25% of the game and he pointed it out MULTIPLE times during this period and Dak was off with his accuracy including the almost pick in the middle of the field by the LB to his double covered WR, but then Moore upped the tempo.

You claiming he was going to his second and third reads based on the fact the FIRST time he actually said it was the Gallup pass is what is called exaggeration. What is not exaggerating that Aikman at least pointed out Dak being inaccurate on MULTIPLE throws, that included to Cobb, Jarwin and Cooper. Even the passes to Gallup that Dak connected on, such as the “go route” be stated we’re lack of timing and reps, meaning nothing to do with progressions.

There is nothing nit-picking about it from my end, when Dak’s biggest criticism has been his lack of anticipation and going through his progressions, which is why even Aikman pointed it out with Gallup for the first time that it was that read.

The reality is Dallas ran play action over 40% meaning Moore had them biting all game long.

Poor little troll just can’t take it.

Dak didn’t complete every pass yet still had perfect a qb rating. What does that tell you? That incompletions are normal. Lol

Are you really that challenged?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Patience everyone PATIENCE...... By Week 6 we will know if this was a new real McCoy Dak-Attack or because the Giants are headed once again for a top 5 pick.
The season does not end after every Giant game unfortunately for Dak and for us............. :(

Lol.....dak turned pappydog into an UNHAPPYDOG!!!!

Philmonroe

Reaction score

You’re right in that people hear what they want on both sides. It is what makes messageboards it seems especially people posting things they know they don’t say face to face to others in a regular Boys discussion.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What's the big deal? He gave Dak props for doing what he should do vs a bad defense. If Dak had a bad performance against the giants even his fans would think we would be in big trouble. Moore called a great game, had a great game plan, and Dak clearly executed that plan very well but that doesn't mean he's the best QB in the league.