Video: Shannon Sharpe puts up another high-octane dismissal of Dak

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Sharpe Catch-22 Logic.

If Dak hits a wide-open receiver, then it doesn't mean a thing, since any high school QB could hit a wide-open receiver.

If Dak threads a needle into a tightly-contested window, then he was foolish for trying to throw such a risky pass.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Sharpe saying pretty much the same thing throughout the video? Or does he emphasize his main talking points at some particular point? If it is the latter, can someone post which time I can fast forward to that specific point in the video? It is that the video is almost twelve minutes, I am working, and just do not have enough time dedicated for typical longwinded media talking heads' <expletive>.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
That being said, I find Skip's Cowboys homerism as annoying as some of the anti-Dallas hate. I wish he'd stop it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Next gen stats has his completion percentage 9 points higher than his expected completion percentage.

Second only to Russell Wilson at 9.3

Gallup , the WR with the biggest day only had and avg of 1.9 yards of separation.

This game was a stark difference than the Rams playoff game where he had a completion % of 62 and an expected compl % of 75!

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
And Dak had a perfect rating. So like all good QBs, he ripped apart a bad secondary.

What was he supposed to do yesterday to get credit? Throw for 400 yards, 4 TDs, a perfect QB rating and then solve the Iran crisis and find a cure for cancer as well during the game?

Yes he did, but the Giants are woefully bad, meaning the point is, one should withhold judgment. These were one read throws. The problem with Dak has not been these type of throws, it’s his ability to go through progressions when defenses take away the first and second read.

The fact we were so successful on play action shows how much the Giants sold out on the run and were biting on such an experienced secondary.

The reality is, if we had a legitimate QB for the past three years, we could have been doing this regularly.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's kind of a stupid rant. He's a big Wentz guy but one of Wentz's "strengths" is the fact he has a really good offensive coach who schemes guys open. I mean look at the TDs Wentz threw yesterday.............. shoot, those two bombs to Jackson? He had separation.
I don't get how this is even a talking point against Prescott.
I mean, what do critics expect? Would they rather Prescott NOT go through progressions, NOT hit the more open man and make the hardest throw?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes he did, but the Giants are woefully bad, meaning the point is, one should withhold judgment. These were one read throws. The problem with Dak has not been these type of throws, it’s his ability to go through progressions when defenses take away the first and second read.

The fact we were so successful on play action shows how much the Giants sold out on the run and were biting on such an experienced secondary.

The reality is, if we had a legitimate QB for the past three years, we could have been doing this regularly.
So should we not have kicked the snot out of what you suggest is a bad team?

JayFord

Reaction score
Sharpe is paid handsomely to discredit anything cowboys related

I’ve seen sharpe on other interviews and he’s actually pretty fair on Dallas and tells the truth

Undisputed is a big time show and they need a counterbalance for skips praising of Dallas

JayFord

Reaction score
Can we stop giving this dude clicks and attention? They are paid trolls to garner attention.

What upsets me is Shannon Sharpe is naturally entertaining he could be over at cbs or fox sports heck even on Monday night football he’s actually hilarious and has an awesome personality he shouldn’t be doing gigs like this for views

HungryLion

Reaction score

Aikman himself was giving Dak credit for going through his progressions during the game.

They were not all one read throws.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

There's a 2nd discussion on Dak, but it's not up yet.

He claims Dak played the weakling Giants, and that 12 out of 25 of his completions had receivers with 2 yards of separation.

Michael Vick comes to his defense and says Dak will be a Top 5 QB this year. That he picked up where he left off last year, and that if he could do it once (in 2016), he could do it again.

I'm convinced Shannon Sharpe is a member of this board. Who is he on here? He says some of the same things the relentless Dak doubters here say.

That's Shannon in the middle.

HSw28IN.jpg

Philmonroe

Reaction score

There's a 2nd discussion on Dak, but it's not up yet.

He claims Dak played the weakling Giants, and that 12 out of 25 of his completions had receivers with 2 yards of separation.

Michael Vick comes to his defense and says Dak will be a Top 5 QB this year. That he picked up where he left off last year, and that if he could do it once (in 2016), he could do it again.

I'm convinced Shannon Sharpe is a member of this board. Who is he on here? He says some of the same things the relentless Dak doubters here say.
Why do y’all look for things to make y’all upset? That isn’t tiring?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
He's just a paid troll. He's trying to be another SAS, and the cowboys are an easy target.
It’s Ying vs Yang. Skip vs Shannon. All scripted BS and worthless dialogue, unless you play in here with an agenda, then you’re a Sharpe cheerleader because regardless of a great called game by Moore, and great execution by Dak, you have the usual posters claiming, “But... but... but!”

They can’t even enjoy a win. Lame and yet pathetic.

CWR

Reaction score

They were not "one read" throws. He went through his progressions very well. Which is also why the ball was spread around so much.

Sydla

Reaction score

This isn't accurate. He went through his progressions yesterday and made throws to 2nd and 3rd WRs. Aikman pointed this out during the game a few times. One example was the big pass to Gallup. Aikman showed how Dak was initially looking to his right and then came back and found Gallup coming in from the left for a big play.

We need to stop with these tired narratives about Dak. And as some will note, I am far from a Dak fan. But credit where credit is due.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

With this logic, EVERY QB should have a 158.3 against them. As Aikman said, the difference in this game was Dak looked supremely confident and decisive in his decision making whereas in past years, he would NOT take advantage of this stuff. But, I need to realize that I'm replying to a post from a member of the Dak Haters Club, so none of what I said will even register.

:facepalm:

khiladi

Reaction score
Aikman himself was giving Dak credit for going through his progressions during the game.

They were not all one read throws.

He mentioned the one to Gallup, meaning even Aikman was referencing his past issues which were obvioiw. I said that was actually his best pass, because it was the post route from the left after Dak looked right.

It doesn’t mean he was doing it all day. Dak also exemplified his past tendencies, that Aikman was also pointing out during the first few drives.

Like I said, it’s too small a sample size. It was, IMO, the best game Dak has ever played though in a Cowboys uniform.

khiladi

Reaction score
They were not "one read" throws. He went through his progressions very well. Which is also why the ball was spread around so much.

No, they were spread around so much because that’s what Moore was calling, especially with all the pre-snap formations.