Video: Shannon Sharpe puts up another high-octane dismissal of Dak

Sydla

Reaction score
How many times do I need to post about it?

The throw to Gallup was the FIRST time he mentioned it, specifically. I said during the game that was actually just best throw, but to say he was going through his reads a significant portion of the game is hyperbole.

The Cowboys ran play action over 40% which is not only abnormally high for the Cowboys, it’s abnormally high across the whole league. Jarwin’s TD was a because they major bite by the LB on play- action. The passes to Cooper and Gallup on the slants that has the WRs ribbons behind the secondary were all because it play action and the secondaries selling out on the run.

Aikman was also pointing out how Dak kept throwing the ball behind his WRs pretty much a large portion of the game as well. The pass to Cooper over the middle, he mentioned Dak underthrew it and if he led him, it would have been an easy TD.

Moore was running a lot of pre-snap formation and the rookie secondaries, besides the fact their DC kept putting them islands against Cooper and Gallup were constantly making mistakes.

does that mean I’m denying Dak didn’t run the offense well? No I said it was his best game I think he ever played in a Cowboys uniform but Lamar Jackson and other backups that came into games yesterday threw the ball all over the field.

Aikman said he threw behind some WRs EARLY in the game, not pretty much alarge portion of the entire game.

You just can't give Dak credit without nit picking. That's obvious.

GMO415

Reaction score
Shannon just running his mouth.....can't blame Dak for finally having a OC that scemes open receivers!

scottsp

Reaction score
Oh wow! You mean Personality A v Personality B take on opposing viewpoints per their scripts? Skip and Shannon are paid well to sell their "hot takes." So, too, is Screamin' A.

Great for FOX and ESPN enough folks out there take the bait. Professional wrestling may be more credible.

CWR

Reaction score
Aikman said he threw behind some WRs EARLY in the game, not pretty much alarge portion of the entire game.

None of his haters can back off their tired opinions. Hes going to be embarrassing them on a regular basis this season. Should be fun to watch them crawfish.

Last edited:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It's bad tv if he just agreed with skip on the cowboys. You'll get some good nuggets of information on these shows, but it's about ratings, not always their true opinions.

They are playing characters. By all accounts, Stephen A is very mellow and calm off the air/camera. He yells for ratings and clicks.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Don't worry. They are so desperate and panicking right now. They will now grasp at anything they can to hang onto this opinion that Dak is a terrible QB they told us all year. Dak went out and dominated and had a perfect passer rating and they are still digging deep to find. It's now come down to criticizing TD passes. It's pathetic.

khiladi

Reaction score

No, I said “A large portion of the game”, not ENTIRE game. Aikman did it for at least over a QUARTER of the game which is over 25% of the game and he pointed it out MULTIPLE times during this period and Dak was off with his accuracy including the almost pick in the middle of the field by the LB to his double covered WR, but then Moore upped the tempo.

You claiming he was going to his second and third reads based on the fact the FIRST time he actually said it was the Gallup pass is what is called exaggeration. What is not exaggerating that Aikman at least pointed out Dak being inaccurate on MULTIPLE throws, that included to Cobb, Jarwin and Cooper. Even the passes to Gallup that Dak connected on, such as the “go route” be stated we’re lack of timing and reps, meaning nothing to do with progressions.

There is nothing nit-picking about it from my end, when Dak’s biggest criticism has been his lack of anticipation and going through his progressions, which is why even Aikman pointed it out with Gallup for the first time that it was that read.

The reality is Dallas ran play action over 40% meaning Moore had them biting all game long.

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Media tricks to get you to watch and publicize their rants.

Works.
Every.
Time.

Qcard

Reaction score
He's paid to counter Skipless....I doubt he really feels the way he talks a lot of times. Makes the show what it is when they argue and bicker. Sometimes they agree but a lot of times I think he's just blocking Skips homerism especially when it comes to the Cowboys. He loves doing it.
That is it Sir! You need a Good vop and bad cop routine. You guys would be surprised if you sat in TV production meetings....the same model has made Network news shows $$ millions

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not any different than Faulk being all over Romo. Even if he'd do something good, he'd use "just wait". All of these shows are set ups, including the pregame shows.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Listening to Shannon Sharpes assessment of the Cowboy's is akin to taking your car to a chop shop for a tune up...

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Getting mad at what Shannon Sharpe says is no difference then hating Bryan Cranston because of what his character does on Breaking bad.

mcmvp

Reaction score
This isn't accurate. He went through his progressions yesterday and made throws to 2nd and 3rd WRs. Aikman pointed this out during the game a few times. One example was the big pass to Gallup. Aikman showed how Dak was initially looking to his right and then came back and found Gallup coming in from the left for a big play.

We need to stop with these tired narratives about Dak. And as some will note, I am far from a Dak fan. But credit where credit is due.

Agreed...he played a hell of a game. I’ll never get why some people want to discredit a player’s good games to fit their narrative. He looked extremely confident and played very well.

mmohican29

Reaction score
So should we not have kicked the snot out of what you suggest is a bad team?

His stance is based on a fake reality.
Dak from Day 1 has been no less than above average. You want to claim he's not been a great QB to date, that's fine.

But if you want a list of great QB's he has beaten, it gets pretty lengthy.

Then the man throws the NFL version of a no-hitter and it's immediately discounted. He can't win until a Lombardi validates his QB1 status.

Sadly, we have as many misinformed and stupid fans as any other team that count on morons like Shannon Sharpe to give themselves someone of higher profile to share their rapidly evaporating credibility with.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe is like Stephen A. Smith.

He thinks talking loudly and belligerently makes him right.

Fact is, both of those clowns are dumb as rocks.