Adult Language Shannon Sharpe Tries To Push A Narrative, But Only Shows His Lack Of Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The QB contracts were huge for the time. They, like everything else, raised with the salary cap.

The point is Romo was never a big hit against our cap the way Dak is.

And the next QB probably won't be the cap hit the way Dak is atm. That's just how it's going in the NFL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's RIGHT about Romo vs. Dak. Romo got for free what Dak had to earn.

Dak has ALWAYS put in "Peyton Manning hours". Jerry paid Romo and then basically said "hopefully Romo puts in those Peyton Manning hours NOW...".

I rock with you and the other haters but you guys need to put down your pitchforks and come back to facts and reason.
No lies told.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Lol you sound unhinged and proving every point people are making about you.
Romo has been gone since 2016. Let. It. Go.
You
An UDFA, who over came all the odds never put in the work, yet somehow the guy who has been denied any competition has?

This is definitely a take.
You are conflating "Peyton Manning hours" with "never did the work". Romo OBVIOUSLY put in work, but he wasn't at the level of commitment that Manning was known for. That's according to Jerry. Dak always has been that way. I'm just stating facts. I suspect there must be some DEEP ANGUISH about giving Dak his due...I'd get that looked at.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who does that? I've seen Aikman dragged for Dak, on here but not for Romo.
Aikman said Dak was a good QB and half of the thread dragged him for it saying he was overrated and carried lol. Also they say Romo would’ve won those rings as it Aikman was a bus driver….its sick.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Aikman said Dak was a good QB and half of the thread dragged him for it saying he was overrated and carried lol. Also they say Romo would’ve won those rings as it Aikman was a bus driver….its sick.
We've had some Dak fans call Aikman that and Average, and insinuate that Aikman was only successful because he was on a loaded team. As it stands right now, I doubt Romo nor Dak will ever be in the Hall of Fame.

tomokawan

Reaction score
We've had some Dak fans call Aikman that and Average, and insinuate that Aikman was only successful because he was on a loaded team. As it stands right now, I doubt Romo nor Dak will ever be in the Hall of Fame.
You are just making stuff up. I have never seen anyone call Aikman average. The length folks go thru to try to prove some point LOL. Troy was one of the most accurate QB's I have ever seen.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You are just making stuff up. I have never seen anyone call Aikman average. The length folks go thru to try to prove some point LOL. Troy was one of the most accurate QB's I have ever seen.
You obviously don't read the threads on here enough. If you didn't see it, it didn't happen... :rolleyes:

Rock423

Reaction score
He's RIGHT about Romo vs. Dak. Romo got for free what Dak had to earn.

Dak has ALWAYS put in "Peyton Manning hours". Jerry paid Romo and then basically said "hopefully Romo puts in those Peyton Manning hours NOW...".

I rock with you and the other haters but you guys need to put down your pitchforks and come back to facts and reason.
Well said.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You

You are conflating "Peyton Manning hours" with "never did the work". Romo OBVIOUSLY put in work, but he wasn't at the level of commitment that Manning was known for. That's according to Jerry. Dak always has been that way. I'm just stating facts. I suspect there must be some DEEP ANGUISH about giving Dak his due...I'd get that looked at.
Jerry says a lot of stupid stuff or things that people just interpret wrong. When Manning heard that he said he was "flattered", but he also said he didn't put in any long hours or more time than what was required to watch film and know the opponent. That comment was intended for Romo to be a more cerebral QB, i.e., to know defenses and how to dissect them like Manning, because head coach in training was clueless. In other words, he expected Romo to do more for the money he was paying him. And it's proven Romo actually knows his stuff and lived up to that as a player and now in the broadcasting booth. No one thinks Dak is a cerebral QB in the mold of Manning or Romo. Dak likes to show and market himself to the media that he is putting in the effort with a football field in his backyard and playing catch with his receivers in downtime to sell himself for the bag, but his supposed knowledge and practice hours doesn't translate especially well on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.