Adult Language Shannon Sharpe Tries To Push A Narrative, But Only Shows His Lack Of Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I don't know why you guys are fighting so much over two failed QBs. Might as well add Danny White to this debate of QBs that had talent, but not the proper mindset to be champions. All three came up/come up short at the biggest moments of their careers.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No, those are actually facts confirmed from Wade Wilson and even Jason Garrett himself. And the actual actions that followed.

In fact, when Linehan came around Jerry basically called Jason Garrett a walk-around HC, they don’t want him on the offense and he has an ability to deal with ambiguity.
Isn't it crazy that Dak fans HATE Romo so much when those 2 losers are basically carbon copies of each other in terms of success?

Although Romo isn't the worst playoff QB ever like Dak is though, so Dak beats Romo in that loser category.

Bagman

Reaction score
I missed this post. Who is a "Dak fan"? I think you're seeing ghosts...I'm arguing facts, not tribes.

Now...You are correct that Dak lives in an era where the passing game reigns supreme and no one questions it. When Romo was playing early in his career, there were still teams trying to win the conventional way and QBs were not taking up 25% of the cap or some ridiculous number. Dak vs. Romo cap hits are more signs of the time than a sign of Jerry's affection.

And here's the main point: Romo NEVER had to play under the THREAT of the franchise tag. Dak did. TWICE. Romo was Jerry's son and signed with his family present...Dak gave Jerry the Heisman stiff-arm. Jerry made Dak play under 2 franchise tags and this year is essentially another franchise tag year...given what he will be paid and the fact that he can't walk. Romo would have been extended by now...and it's not even close!!!
How do you know ? Are you going to the team meetings at HQs. Please.....tell us more.

Bagman

Reaction score
Right now the team has taken 2 full steps back in terms of personnel and coaching losses. We have less than a full compliment of draft picks. We've signed one stop gap FA. Pretty much everyone else in the division has improved dramatically. Why would anyone think that doubling the QBs annual salary from $30 million to $60 million per season could improve the teams performance. Why would an 8 yr starter with 2 career playoff wins demand so much money. And even though I don't like the Jones'.......why would anyone be mad at them for balking at paying those salary demands.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Right now the team has taken 2 full steps back in terms of personnel and coaching losses. We have less than a full compliment of draft picks. We've signed one stop gap FA. Pretty much everyone else in the division has improved dramatically. Why would anyone think that doubling the QBs annual salary from $30 million to $60 million per season could improve the teams performance. Why would an 8 yr starter with 2 career playoff wins demand so much money. And even though I don't like the Jones'.......why would anyone be mad at them for balking at paying those salary demands.
Dak has not demanded anything. He is obviously willing to become a free agent and allow the NFL’s 32 ownership groups make him an offer. He gets to choose the one he likes the best. What is wrong with that? What would you suggest he do?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Isn't it crazy that Dak fans HATE Romo so much when those 2 losers are basically carbon copies of each other in terms of success?

Although Romo isn't the worst playoff QB ever like Dak is though, so Dak beats Romo in that loser category.
Again, I am confirmed Dak "hater" but...if entry into the club means complete abandonment of facts....well, it's a witchhunt.

Hint: If Dak is a boogeyman, you're chasing ghosts. Try a scalpel and not a machete.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
He'll be under a brand new account a year from now when Dak is gone, starting over, pretending to be a Cowboys fan once again.
No...you're actually doing what others are doing to you. Claim you are a troll or something. Pretty lame. I guess you expect 100% agreement or I'm not in your club. So yeah...I want Dak gone yesterday but count me out of the mean girls club.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think JJ believes in Dak and will pay him. With Romo his contracts was not discussed as much. With Dak JJ had the luxury of having a starting QB for 4 years and never had to pay more than 2 million in a year. And could have signed him earlier for less money. If Dak is the franchise starting QB he will want starting QB money. They all do. I think we worry more about it than JJ or Dak does. Parsons and Lamb will be asking for max money also.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On here saying Dak won more playoff games than Romo which is false.

Regarding the contract stuff……

Romo only had a top 10 QB cap hit ONCE in his career and that was in 2010 when his cap hit was 8th amoung QBs.

Shannon missed on this one.

The guy is a moron who confuses speaking volume with analysis. No idea why he’s on radio or tv.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He's RIGHT about Romo vs. Dak. Romo got for free what Dak had to earn.

Dak has ALWAYS put in "Peyton Manning hours". Jerry paid Romo and then basically said "hopefully Romo puts in those Peyton Manning hours NOW...".

I rock with you and the other haters but you guys need to put down your pitchforks and come back to facts and reason.
An UDFA, who over came all the odds never put in the work, yet somehow the guy who has been denied any competition has?

This is definitely a take.

dckid

Reaction score
Romo is a loser. Dak is a loser. does anything else matter?
Don't agree with Cam saying we need a better personality. The biggest problem is the team culture, Jerry has never established a winning culture.
I had zero emotion when Romo was replaced by Dak, as Romo while being a bit more flashy was really no better. He had his chances and so has Dak. It's best to move on before overpaying a good player.

You have to give Romo credit for coming on the announcing scene and bringing a fresh approach where he would call out the plays. Nowdays he is very average, doesn't know the names of olineman.

Status
Not open for further replies.