Adult Language Shannon Sharpe Tries To Push A Narrative, But Only Shows His Lack Of Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmac

Reaction score
He's RIGHT about Romo vs. Dak. Romo got for free what Dak had to earn.

Dak has ALWAYS put in "Peyton Manning hours". Jerry paid Romo and then basically said "hopefully Romo puts in those Peyton Manning hours NOW...".

I rock with you and the other haters but you guys need to put down your pitchforks and come back to facts and reason.
Seems like truth is hurtful. Facts got spewed.

Cmac

Reaction score
This is true but needs context........
Even Romo and Jason Witten admitted you had to keep playing Dak with the roll he was on. But here is the thing, if Romo truly believed he had plenty left in the tank to continue his career, he was a free agent after the Cowboys released him ( couldn't find a trade partner BTW ). He could have signed with another team but he didn't. The point is, Romo's body was done, shot........little or nothing left in the tank and he knew it. So did the rest of the league.......hint no team would trade for him.

I always said Tony Romo was a better QB than rookie Dak Prescott IF/WHEN he is healthy but healthy is the key.
Context.....Romo marveled us, then disappointed us too. We've seen the very things Dak despises many of you........before.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I remember when Romo caught heat for a backwards hat and dating starlets. This current mess hangs out in strip joint parking lots and alienates his #1 WR 5 minutes into a playoff game
God, I had almost forgotten about Cabo-gate.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Was Romo paid as the top QB in the league? How many Pro Bowls? All-Pros? Playoff games?

In fact, Romo's leadership was so poor that AFTER he was putting in Peyton Manning hours a rookie took over the locker room from him. So bad that right before his concession speech he tried to throw a party and "open up" to the guys. In year 5 of being starter - and year 8 in the league - Romo said he was going to be more vocal and step up lol.

Of course, dollar for dollar Dak is going to make more just like Romo made waaaay more than Troy. But Romo had done less and was LESS COMMITTED to football than Dak. Dak has served his purpose in ridding us of Romo, but it's his time to go too...BUT...let's not deify Romo.
Romo - 2-4 in the playoffs, 4 Pro Bowls, 1 time All-Pro

Dak - 2-5 in the playoffs, 3 Pro Bowls, 1 time All-Pro.

Romo done less? Excuse me? Do Dak fans do any research before they go into defend mode?

They both are losers, but one of them (Romo) wasn't paid like the best.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Romo done less? Excuse me? Do Dak fans do any research before they go into defend mode?

My man they don't care. The expectation here is now that you need to just shut up and give Dak whatever he wants. Whether he achieves anything is immaterial. Consistently plays like crap against better teams - ignore it and just go with it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
My man they don't care. The expectation here is now that you need to just shut up and give Dak whatever he wants. Whether he achieves anything is immaterial. Consistently plays like crap against better teams - ignore it and just go with it.
Dak fans are a blight on the Cowboys fanbase.

Cmac

Reaction score
I knew this would bring out the TRomo Fan Club. Facts and reality hurt.......let it go.
It happened, he got paid, he made untimely mistakes, he got hurt......let it go.
All we need is Dak to have a 5-interception game just once, even with a win (Buffalo), not twice......and see how that works out on this board, in comparison to TRomo love.

OIP.pR6MkdmFzs87owlpjl9BswHaHa

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
But his "leadership"......whatever that means.
Dak's leadership. I'll tell you what it is. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullcrap! And he is baffling a lot of his lovers, but there is nothing brilliant about him.

Cmac

Reaction score
Just responding to what you said. You made it sound like partying with his teammates was a bad thing. Brady admitted he purposefully did it so that they felt he was one of the boys. Remember, it's easy for QBs to get on their pedestal with all that money and fame, and teammates to look sideways. They already have a primadona reputation at the position.
Go look at two "leaders" (Romo/Witten) go to Cabo prior to a playoff game. Hmmm.

Cmac

Reaction score
I remember when Romo caught heat for a backwards hat and dating starlets. This current mess hangs out in strip joint parking lots and alienates his #1 WR 5 minutes into a playoff game
Alienating his #1 WR?.......is there any culpability from CeeDee during the Green Bay game?.....Just curious, especially with the early "check out" displayed, and I do mean early. That's all Dak and CeeDee get a free pass?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

that's factually wrong:

https://www.nfl.com/news/tony-romo-signs-108m-contract-with-dallas-cowboys-0ap1000000155364

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Friday that the Cowboys and Romo agreed to a six-year, $108 million contract extension with $55 million in guarantees and a $25 million signing bonus, according to the quarterback's agent, RJ Gonser.
The extension goes into effect after the 2013 season, when Romo earns $11.5 million, essentially giving him a seven-year, $119.5 million contract through 2019.
The deal makes Romo the highest-paid player in Cowboys history and tops the $52 million in guarantees that Joe Flacco received from the Baltimore Ravens as part of his six-year, $120.6 million pact.

Keep in mind, Flacco had JUST WON THE SB with a historic post season run. And Tony got MORE THAN HIM. Stop the cap....I don't like Dak either...but facts are FACTS.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
They dumped Romo, who sat on the bench for years, and carried the team for years when it stunk, for Dak, who got to stroll into an offense with 3 All Pro linemen and an All Pro Running back as a rookie.
Those are the breaks. Romo was in year THIRTEEN when Dak broke in the league. And now...he had his Pro Bowl rosters in 2007, 8 and 9 and didn't do jack with them...besides exactly what Dak did and get bounced in the first round and win a few wild card games. Tell me how he was disenfranchised?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
The QB contracts were huge for the time. They, like everything else, raised with the salary cap.

The point is Romo was never a big hit against our cap the way Dak is.
You might have a point here...percentage of the cap. And while you and I may not like it...but Romo was never considered...not even for a MOMENT...a top 5 QB. He was barely top 10. Dak is widely regarded as being a top QB in the NFC. again...it's watered down...but markets are always about what is available at the time...and maybe the QB market is better for Dak than Romo. But still, when you put MERIT AND HARD WORK in the discussion - including taking your personal time and LEADING - Romo STOLE Jerry's money. Period.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Bogus narrative... Jerry wasn't talking about hours, he was talking about the control he was giving Romo over the offense, while starting to strip Garrett of play-calling duties. Rom wasn't even in the offensive early game planning meetings when Garrett had full control. Romo had leverage with the contract to strip play-calling from Jason, which was well-nigh impossible for a long tiem considering JG was JJ's pet project. On the other hand, they just spent last training camp dumbing down the offense more for Dak so he'd stop throwing directly to DBs when the responsibilites get too much for him to go to his second read.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2013/08/08/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys/2634049/
No, that's not true. Jerry's words are always hard to decipher but it wasn't control over the offense.

Romo was asked why are you DIFFERENT NOW and BEING MORE VOCAL NOW..and he gave some stupid speech about being a sophomore and shutting up and then becoming a senior and speaking more. This told me IN REAL TIME that Romo was an overpayed CLOWN. Dak had that mentality from DAY ONE and if Romo had it...Dak would have taken YEARS to take over this team. The leadership void was there BEFORE Dak got there and it was clearly because Romo was playing scratch golf and other goofy nonsense.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
that's factually wrong:

https://www.nfl.com/news/tony-romo-signs-108m-contract-with-dallas-cowboys-0ap1000000155364

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Friday that the Cowboys and Romo agreed to a six-year, $108 million contract extension with $55 million in guarantees and a $25 million signing bonus, according to the quarterback's agent, RJ Gonser.
The extension goes into effect after the 2013 season, when Romo earns $11.5 million, essentially giving him a seven-year, $119.5 million contract through 2019.
The deal makes Romo the highest-paid player in Cowboys history and tops the $52 million in guarantees that Joe Flacco received from the Baltimore Ravens as part of his six-year, $120.6 million pact.

Keep in mind, Flacco had JUST WON THE SB with a historic post season run. And Tony got MORE THAN HIM. Stop the cap....I don't like Dak either...but facts are FACTS.
Cowboys history.

Romo had a top 10 QB cap hit ONCE in his entire career when he was 8th in 2010. Every other year he was outside the top 10 in terms of QB cap hits.

Dak however? 2020 #1, 2021 #10, 2022 #8, 2023 #4, 2024 #2, 2025 #10

The only fact here is that Dak fans are clueless.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You might have a point here...percentage of the cap. And while you and I may not like it...but Romo was never considered...not even for a MOMENT...a top 5 QB. He was barely top 10. Dak is widely regarded as being a top QB in the NFC. again...it's watered down...but markets are always about what is available at the time...and maybe the QB market is better for Dak than Romo. But still, when you put MERIT AND HARD WORK in the discussion - including taking your personal time and LEADING - Romo STOLE Jerry's money. Period.
Romo wasn't even considered top 5 when he was 2nd team All-Pro like Dak was last year?

That's weird.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Romo Salary Cap Hits Ranked in the NFL per Spotrac.com*

2011: 111th overall (16th among quarterbacks)
2012: 79th overall (15th among quarterbacks)
2013: 23rd overall (11th among quarterbacks)
2014: 29th overall (14th among quarterbacks)
2015: 17th overall (11th among quarterbacks)
2016: 6th overall (6th among quarterbacks)

Dak Prescott Salary Cap Hits Ranked in the NFL per Spotrac.com*

2019: 635th overall (? among quarterbacks/honestly did not count that many)
2020: 1st overall (1st among quarterbacks)
2021: 21st overall (10th among quarterbacks)
2022: 15th overall (8th among quarterbacks)
2023: 5th overall (4th among quarterbacks)
2024: 2nd overall (2nd among quarterbacks)

* Years are links, site does not have data for seasons before 2011, 2017 & 2018 seasons do not rank Prescott

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Tony Romo Salary Cap Hits Ranked in the NFL per Spotrac.com*

2011: 111th overall (16th among quarterbacks)
2012: 79th overall (15th among quarterbacks)
2013: 23rd overall (11th among quarterbacks)
2014: 29th overall (14th among quarterbacks)
2015: 17th overall (11th among quarterbacks)
2016: 6th overall (6th among quarterbacks)

Dak Prescott Salary Cap Hits Ranked in the NFL per Spotrac.com*

2019: 635th overall (? among quarterbacks/honestly did not count that many)
2020: 1st overall (1st among quarterbacks)
2021: 21st overall (10th among quarterbacks)
2022: 15th overall (8th among quarterbacks)
2023: 5th overall (4th among quarterbacks)
2024: 2nd overall (2nd among quarterbacks)

* Years are links, site does not have data for seasons before 2011, 2017 & 2018 seasons do not rank Prescott
Romo played better than his cap hit.

Dak plays worst than his.

Status
Not open for further replies.