Shaq Leonard update

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaSho

Reaction score
Have a hard time believing this because it makes no sense. He has a history with their coach, they are in the drivers seat for a deep playoff run and possible championship, and money is not a factor because neither team is going to pay him more than he is already guaranteed from Indy so he will make the same money in both places. Now, he does have some ties to a few players in Dallas so maybe that is winning the day but I still won’t believe it until I see it. Maybe Dallas is offering multiple years but I’m in wait and see mode on this one.
Agreed, and these kinds of reports happen with free agents all the time.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
His "history" with their coach is catching up once a year. He has more of a connection to Dan Quinn in that sense thru Gus Bradley. Hes also close with Gilmore and Hooker. Dallas is also primed for a deep run, and has a bigger need at LB considering LVE is probably done.
Not true. Sirianni met with him quite a bit to get perspective on the offensive game plan in Indy. He does it with defensive guys quite a bit.

May not mean anything but they do have a relationship.

I think it comes down to playing time. He’ll go where he’ll have the best chance to showcase for the next contract.

Proof

Reaction score
Have a hard time believing this because it makes no sense. He has a history with their coach, they are in the drivers seat for a deep playoff run and possible championship, and money is not a factor because neither team is going to pay him more than he is already guaranteed from Indy so he will make the same money in both places. Now, he does have some ties to a few players in Dallas so maybe that is winning the day but I still won’t believe it until I see it. Maybe Dallas is offering multiple years but I’m in wait and see mode on this one.
how much history do you think a linebacker has with a green oc? philly is obviously desirable for reasons you stated, but dallas is right in the same mix and has a path for more playing time directly and has beyond this year to think about. quinn is super respected and a players coach, and as you mentioned he's got several former teammates here. i don't see how it makes no sense whatsoever.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
We supposedly can pay more money-same or better playing time. So it's basically "if" he wants to be a Dallas Cowboy. If not???????
giphy.gif

Merlin

Reaction score
Is he any better than Evans at this point? Could be good for depth.

conner01

Reaction score
I would say yes. Leonard has been playing all season and Evans has limited snaps
He’s had limited snsps because Quinn wants safety types at LB for the speed. I’m not convinced Leonard would get anymore snaps than Evans has. They just don’t fit what Quinn looks for in LB at this stage

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He still might sign with the Eagles. But it's clear that him leaving Dallas without a deal was more about him wanting to weigh his options on which team to go to. Rather than it was on the front office not offering up a good deal to appeal him to sign with the Cowboys.
It can't be.

Because muh twethy-theven yurths.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
They dont have any 2023 cap left.

Their cap mgmt is terrible. 60+ mill in dead cap for 2023.
Cap will go up next year and I’m sure they’ll release some vets and redo contracts like we do to free up space. The cap is meaningless.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This doesn’t make any sense. He isn’t visiting to work out with teams, and they already know what he has on tape. So the ‘possibility’ something comes up in a meeting that makes a team say nvm we dont want this guy, is pretty slim.
Maybe they want to know what kind of guy he is...locker room fit etc.

The Colts just cut him. There's issues there. It's not a car they can just watch a video of and decide whether to buy it or not. Maybe they want to know why he wasn't happy with Colts....and see if they get any red flags ....especially if they've never met the guy personally.

There's a reason they're meeting. Why not just make him an offer without a visit then?

Status
Not open for further replies.